Squat Toilets And Endotoxin

Jib

I used a makeshift squat toilet for a few years before investing in a Nature's Platform. I do have to say it's well made and I like it more than the concrete blocks and stack of books I was using :p Although the concrete blocks and books really did work just fine. It also came with a book called "Nature Knows Best: Health Benefits of the Natural Squatting Position" by Jonathan Isbit, which is very good.

But all that aside, I've suspected for a while that one of the benefits of squatting is reduced bacterial endotoxin as a result of more complete elimination. I am completely sold on the concept of squatting in the bathroom and have been since the first time I tried it, but I thought that might be an interesting point of discussion.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have been wanting a squat toilet for the longest time and am also convinced on how much healthier it is for us.

pboy

Charlie said:
I have been wanting a squat toilet for the longest time and am also convinced on how much healthier it is for us.

me too...or at least I wanna try it, it seems kind of funny but makes sense

HDD

My dad was stationed in France when I was very young. I was too young to attend the AF base kindergarten, so I was sent to a French preschool. The students had a regular commode but the teachers (nuns) had a small hole in the ground to squat over. I thought it was very strange at the time.

4peatssake

Yes, much better for doing business, especially with a separate or hand-held bidet!

1_123125_2093564_2243695_2264310_100826_sci_squattn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

:rolling

NooMoahk

I suppose these would be ideal, but I just plant my feet on a conventional western toilet. No toilet will dictate how I sit.

OP
Jib

Jib

NooMoahk said:
I suppose these would be ideal, but I just plant my feet on a conventional western toilet. No toilet will dictate how I sit.

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you weigh? I'm 178 pounds, and while I've done this before, I'm afraid of the bowl breaking. And my hip always seems to cramp up.

I don't want any toilet dictating the way I use it either!

NooMoahk

Jib said:
NooMoahk said:

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you weigh? I'm 178 pounds, and while I've done this before, I'm afraid of the bowl breaking. And my hip always seems to cramp up.

I don't want any toilet dictating the way I use it either!

About 120 and I have worried about tipping certain toilets which rock around, haha! I guess I hadn't considered the weight factor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals