Squalane The Best Pufa Free Moisturiser?

Steve123

Hi guys.

Recently been having extreme dry skin especially on my face. Trying to figure this out through nutrition but in the mean time desperate for some relief! From research it seems that squalane from olive oil is the best source.
Looks like this is the best one I can get: Emolliating Olive Squalane O7

Would it be true that every single squalane is 100% saturated including the one I linked above?
Do you guys think it is the best option for skin?
Would it be safe to apply this to the head of the penis? And around that area? Without no hormone disruption whatever..?

Thanks guys

Just want to add that I've been researching sources of cholesterol for vegetarians, and squalene (the natural and unsaturated version) is a great source. It's actually the main precursor to cholesterol in endogenous synthesis, and can be bought quite easily (it must be squalene, not squalane).

For keeping skin moist, I have found petrolatum (vaseline) to be a great aid. A small amount of vaseline, olive/coconut oil, a SMALL amount of lanolin, and possibly butter, are all good.

The trick is that you must first wash your face, and while it's still wet apply the mixture. And you must use a very, very small amount of each, too much is way too much. I'd use a small amount, and then wipe your face off. In reality you only need a very very thin layer to keep the water in.

@Steve123 and @BigYellowLemon isn't this the same stuff that haidut uses in his Gonadin product

I wasn't even aware of that, but yes I checked it and it is. It's also found in wheat germ and thus is found in Haidut's tocovit.

The gonadin product seems good for topical use on the testes in conjunction with other steroids, but if I'd use squalene, it'd be either on my skin, or grams of it eaten.

Also, methyl-ester fatty acids are found in many natural oils and waxes in very high amounts, for instance I'm pretty sure lanolin has tons of methyl-ester fatty acids, also hydroxy fatty acids.

Edit: Squalene is the unsaturated natural form found in all forms of life that synthesize cholesterol, it can be used as a moisturizer (and topically absorbed which could increase local cholesterol synthesis), or it can be eaten as a precursor for cholesterol.

Squalane is the saturated form of squalene, it is more stable, but cannot be used as a cholesterol precursor, relegating it's use to being a topical moisturizer only.

Big difference between them.

ddjd

Hi guys.

Recently been having extreme dry skin especially on my face. Trying to figure this out through nutrition but in the mean time desperate for some relief! From research it seems that squalane from olive oil is the best source.
Looks like this is the best one I can get: Emolliating Olive Squalane O7

Would it be true that every single squalane is 100% saturated including the one I linked above?
Do you guys think it is the best option for skin?
Would it be safe to apply this to the head of the penis? And around that area? Without no hormone disruption whatever..?

Thanks guys
Steve they're doing an offer, 40% off first orders , use code FB40

I'm going to get two bottles I think

ddjd

I wasn't even aware of that, but yes I checked it and it is. It's also found in wheat germ and thus is found in Haidut's tocovit.

The gonadin product seems good for topical use on the testes in conjunction with other steroids, but if I'd use squalene, it'd be either on my skin, or grams of it eaten.

Also, methyl-ester fatty acids are found in many natural oils and waxes in very high amounts, for instance I'm pretty sure lanolin has tons of methyl-ester fatty acids, also hydroxy fatty acids.

Edit: Squalene is the unsaturated natural form found in all forms of life that synthesize cholesterol, it can be used as a moisturizer (and topically absorbed which could increase local cholesterol synthesis), or it can be eaten as a precursor for cholesterol.

Squalane is the saturated form of squalene, it is more stable, but cannot be used as a cholesterol precursor, relegating it's use to being a topical moisturizer only.

Big difference between them.
Hold on so haidut is using the unsaturated form?

And this product Steve has linked (and that I've now ordered!) to is the saturated form which doesn't increase cholesterol, but is a good moisturiser?

EIRE24

I use urea for moisturizing my skin, works like charm.
How do you apply it? I'v used it in the past and it has worked for sure but I have the health natura stuff and find it hard to apply

X160

How do you apply it? I'v used it in the past and it has worked for sure but I have the health natura stuff and find it hard to apply
I use the healthnatura one too, I dissolve about 2 grams of urea in 50 ml of water and mist it on my face. I prepare fresh one every few days and store it in the refrigerator because it doesn't have any preservatives.

EIRE24

I use the healthnatura one too, I dissolve about 2 grams of urea in 50 ml of water and mist it on my face. I prepare fresh one every few days and store it in the refrigerator because it doesn't have any preservatives.
Thank you.

L

lollipop

Honestly I like this product she came up with. Great product - Peat friendly

Brand New Ray Peat-inspired Skincare Product Now Available!

Also there is beef tallow way better than vasoline @BigYellowLemon Vasoline is a petroleum product that actually dries out the cells by putting a strong layer on surface not allowing moisture to reach into the cell. In my opinion, I would research a bit more before continuing to use it long term. I did some years ago and never went back. Excuse me can not point you to my research as I did not save it.

The beef tallow I use is from vintage traditions...

Yes haidut sells the unsaturated form, which is absolutely fine, we all produce squalene every time we synthesize cholesterol. When Peat says something like "consume fructose to increase cholesterol", then as a prerequisite you are producing squalene in your cells. It's fine. Better than squalane imo for most uses, squalane should not be eaten.

The source you have found is the only source of squalene I've seen. I thought I had found an amaranth extract of squalene, but it actually was squalane (they all seem to be). Just gotta make sure the shark oil is refrigerated.

@lisaferraro

I think I found an article about what you said: Petroleum Jelly May Not Be As Harmless As You Think

With vaseline, it is very important to make sure you wash your face with water and KEEP IT WET before applying. Applying to a dry face is bad.

Vaseline and petrolatum is basically composed of long chain, saturated fat, without the carboxylic acid, it's just the hydrocarbon chain.

Butter, similar to beef tallow, is very good, but a lot thicker than beef tallow.

ddjd

would urea mix into squalane oil?
Awh thats cool! I;ll jump on that!
Well actually I ordered without realising it's the wrong squalane. I wanted squalene. Massive **** up

OP
S

Steve123

would urea mix into squalane oil?

Well actually I ordered without realising it's the wrong squalane. I wanted squalene. Massive **** up
Oh so your not interested in using as a moisturiser ?

OP
S

Steve123

Yes haidut sells the unsaturated form, which is absolutely fine, we all produce squalene every time we synthesize cholesterol. When Peat says something like "consume fructose to increase cholesterol", then as a prerequisite you are producing squalene in your cells. It's fine. Better than squalane imo for most uses, squalane should not be eaten.

The source you have found is the only source of squalene I've seen. I thought I had found an amaranth extract of squalene, but it actually was squalane (they all seem to be). Just gotta make sure the shark oil is refrigerated.

@lisaferraro

I think I found an article about what you said: Petroleum Jelly May Not Be As Harmless As You Think

With vaseline, it is very important to make sure you wash your face with water and KEEP IT WET before applying. Applying to a dry face is bad.

Vaseline and petrolatum is basically composed of long chain, saturated fat, without the carboxylic acid, it's just the hydrocarbon chain.

Butter, similar to beef tallow, is very good, but a lot thicker than beef tallow.

When you say to apply vaseline to face with water and keeping it wet before applying, would you do the same thing with the squalane oil ?

OP
S

Steve123

So squalane as a skin moisturiser on a daily basis is safe? Nothing there to disrupt hormones etc? (And okay to use on penis head?)

OP
S

Steve123

And ALL squalane including the one i have linked will be 100% saturated?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals