Sprouted Coconuts! Peaty?

yerrag

4 pcs for $57? It's not suitable for my diet because I won't have money left to buy meat lol

I've eaten this mass when it's only an inch in size and it doesn't taste special. It has a very slight crunch, but when bitten, it gives way too easily to give a sense of texture that adds feel to the taste, which is just neutral, neither appealing nor unappealing. Not something the taste of which I'd pay so much for. People would pay that much for the first-time novelty of it, and not make a repeat order of it. Whoever thought of this idea is a genius though, as the world's full of novelty seekers with money, paying a premium for something of little value.

The unsprouted mature coconut has more the most oil in the flesh, which only has some protein. And the liquid holds more potassium than the young coconut, with flavor to boot. The young coconut, on the other hand, has more liquid and much less flesh, and the flesh is soft and a delight to eat, even when the oil content is low. Now, this is the flesh that's ideal for making salad. Not the overpriced sprouted coconut - it's a terrible ingredient for a salad.

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

Tremendous feedback my friend! Thank you for sparing my pocketbook! I will stick to the guava and soursop for this treat!

RealNeat

I ate my fair share in the tropics. I think they are amazing. However, I was literally picking them out from the jungle myself, fresher than fresh.

yerrag

Perhaps I don't see it clearly. What is the amazing part there? Other than the unique experience?

What I would consider amazing is the fresh coconut sap, from the tree itself. It is where coco sugar comes from. The sap is translucent white, and is taken always fresh, and usually drank cold, as the sap is cooled to keep it from turning into vinegar. This sap can also be made into alcohol.

I don't know it is processed, but it can turn into coconut, which is honey-like in its flow and texture. Further processing turns it into coconut sugar.

Because the fresh coconut sap is usually taken from the high coconut trees, it's usually tapped by agile tree climbers. This sap is rarely promoted, as it's something that people in these areas take for granted. I also suspect that city people and foreigners aren't used to the taste as the taste has to be acquired. Once one acquires the taste, he will have a longing for it, as I do. It's like blue cheese. Usually one is exposed to it through parents - a cultural passing on of a native taste.

Last edited:

RealNeat

Perhaps I don't see it clearly. What is the amazing part there? Other than the unique experience?

What I would consider amazing is the fresh coconut sap, from the tree itself. It is where coco sugar comes from. The sap is translucent white, and is taken always fresh, and usually drank cold, as the sap is cooled to keep it from turning into vinegar. This sap can also be made into alcohol.

I don't know it is processed, but it can turn into coconut, which is honey-like in its flow and texture. Further processing turns it into coconut sugar.

Because the fresh coconut sap is usually taken from the high coconut trees, it's usually tapped by agile tree climbers. This sap is rarely promoted, as it's something that people in these areas take for granted. I also suspect that city people and foreigners aren't used to the taste as the taste has to be acquired. Once one acquires the taste, he will have a longing for it, as I do. It's like blue cheese. Usually one is exposed to it through parents - a cultural passing on of a native taste.

I just like the firm marshmallow texture of it and its mild sweetness. I was always on the hunt for them. Theres almost nothing I have tasted that comes from the coconut palm that I havent loved. Even coconut shell charcoal :jimlad:

yerrag

I just like the firm marshmallow texture of it and its mild sweetness. I was always on the hunt for them. Theres almost nothing I have tasted that comes from the coconut palm that I havent loved. Even coconut shell charcoal :jimlad:

Hope you din't find the charcoal too bitter lol.

I should look for a coconut that's gone all the way to being a sprout. The taste could be different from just a budding coconut sprout. I hope I'll like it. For the taste and texture. Not sure about the nutrition. Not everything has to be nutritious, but everything has to be at least not toxic.

RealNeat

Hope you din't find the charcoal too bitter lol.

I should look for a coconut that's gone all the way to being a sprout. The taste could be different from just a budding coconut sprout. I hope I'll like it. For the taste and texture. Not sure about the nutrition. Not everything has to be nutritious, but everything has to be at least not toxic.

Yes the ones I ate had quite a long sprout on them. It's the only way I could spot them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals