spirit, intent and functional systems

Discussion in 'Ray Peat Quotes' started by pranarupa, Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. pranarupa

pranarupa Member

"The organism’s intentions, expectations, or plans, are represented in the nervous system as a greater readiness for action, and in the organs and tissues controlled by the nerves, as an increase or decrease of oxidative efficiency, analogous to the differences between innervated and denervated muscles. This pattern in the nervous system has been called “the acceptor of action,” because it is continually being compared with the actual situation, and being refined as the situation is evaluated. The state of the organism, under the influence of a particular acceptor of action, is called a “functional system,” including all the components of the organism that participate most directly in realizing the intended adaptive action."

-Ray Peat

Also Charlie I think it would be cool if you had a ninja smiley. :)

2. Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

There is a ninja smiley, we just can't see it.

And I really like your articles, by the way. You might have more fans than you think, it's just that none of us have intelligent comments to add :lol:

3. kiran

kiran Member

No kidding!

Also, you may want to break your posts into a easily digestable bites or at least a series of related posts.

4. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Sorry for the delay. :ninja

5. kiran

kiran Member

I could have sworn you had a ninja smiley already. But maybe it was another smiley or my mind playing tricks on me. :|

6. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Might have been this one.
    :offtopic