Spinal Stenosis And Venous Insufficiency Help

Inaut

“I’m suffering from Lumbar Spinal stenosis, combined with chronic venous insufficiency. Very difficult to get either working better. The facet joints have narrowed significantly, due to previous back surgery and the cvi is not curable. Adding to this, the swelling and pooling of blood throughout my legs has begun to cripple the inflammatory nerves which effectively me having the need for knee replacements but am a very low candidate for. “

Any suggestions for my friend? Much appreciated :)

SOMO

1. Massage
2. Extremely hot Epsom Salts
3. Baking Soda
4. Ephedra/Ma Huang (see a TCM for this.) to open sinuses and dilate blood vessels
5. Essential Oils/Aromatherapy to open sinuses and dilate blood vessels. Stick with the ones you would smell in a forest - Pine, Eucalyptus, Balsam, Fir, Mint, etc.
6. Inversion table

I would even try L-Arginine or L-Citrulline although people on this forum are anti-NO, those compounds are good for quick relaxation of blood vessels.

I would also definitely increase Sodium and Potassium to increase blood volume and lower adrenaline.
Decrease fat (including Saturated) to make blood more watery and flow easier

Acetazolamide/Thiamine/Seltzer/Baking Soda+Nasal Breathing to dilate blood vessels safely.

Herbie

From Ray Peat's work it would point to estrogen and hypothyroidism and suggest reading his books and articles.

TKWW

I am a retired physical therapist. I have treated more than 5,000 lumbar spine patients. Sadly, based on my experience and the data, the success rate for surgery is 25% after five years. However, you are already down that rabbit hole and I will contain my comments.

If the stenosis is at the same level as the prior surgery, and the surgery was a stabilization procedure, a foraminotomy may work, where the scar tissue from the stenosis is evacuated through a small hole in the vertebral body. In my e petience, if the lumbar segment is not fixed via fusion, removing the scar tissue will provide temporary relief followed by increased instability and a return of symptoms. If the lumbar level is not fused I would suggest PRP injections (platelet rich plasma) which works especially well with facet involvement. Wish you well.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Great suggestions so far guys. Thanks so much :) :)

Any thoughts on CO2 dry baths? Would it help or hinder progress in this case?

Dave Clark

I know some practitioners use prolozone with the PRP therapy. Even prolozone itself would be worth a try. Prolozone is injectable ozone, along with some other things like vitamins, etc.

TKWW

Prolozone can accentuate PRP. It has an antinflammatory effect and it also can attract stem cells to the injured area. The other treatments mentioned by other posts are symptomatic treatment. While symptom management is important, especially for quality of life, baths, massage, etc. will not resolve your structural issues. PRP is not symptom management, it is a healing modality. It deposits the healing components of the blood to the specific area in question. When compared to stem cell injections, the average PRP injections contain 1,000 to 1200 stem cells. Stem cell injections contain upward of 15,000 stem cells. Costs: PRP average $800 1,200. Stem cells $8,000 15,000. I have referred many patients for PRP, PRP with prolozone. I do not render this intervention, but have experienced excellent results, which in many cases avoided surgery.

akgrrrl

Prolozone can accentuate PRP. It has an antinflammatory effect and it also can attract stem cells to the injured area. The other treatments mentioned by other posts are symptomatic treatment. While symptom management is important, especially for quality of life, baths, massage, etc. will not resolve your structural issues. PRP is not symptom management, it is a healing modality. It deposits the healing components of the blood to the specific area in question. When compared to stem cell injections, the average PRP injections contain 1,000 to 1200 stem cells. Stem cell injections contain upward of 15,000 stem cells. Costs: PRP average $800 1,200. Stem cells $8,000 15,000. I have referred many patients for PRP, PRP with prolozone. I do not render this intervention, but have experienced excellent results, which in many cases avoided surgery.
GOSH I suspect many here will appreciate your experience in this arena---Welcome---and thanks for your offering in this thread.

Owen B

My take is that the issue is mainly about fluid buildup. I think that's a hypothyroid issue. Get your T3 up and burn off some of that fluid.

I remember watching the career of the third baseman for the NY Mets, David Wright, go down the tubes for what looked like an undiagnosed hypothyroid issue. He had spinal stenosis - not a problem with his "back" as the media reported. They also reported a "stress fracture" which in his case looked to be a fluid buildup not only in the spaces between the vertebrae but in his face as well. He had the classic, puffed-up "moon face" of hypothyroidism. And very overweight with fluid in his whole body.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I don’t think he looked into any of the suggestions post in this thread. I’ll find out though

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom