Sperti Fiji lamp?

Josh

Anyone used it, has it helped you raise D levels?

I know Sperti have a Vit D specifically, but I’ve heard that the Fiji is better as it more closely resembles the sun, and it still has 25%UVB which seems ample. its 75%UVA and 25%UVB.

Worth getting? I live in the UK so no D here, not sure I’m 100% happy with supplementing Vitamin D.

OP
J

Josh

Bump...

Does it matter if a bulb has mercury inside it? I think all tanning/vitamin D lamps have them

Old Irenaeus

I was wondering if it's possible to put one of the vit D bulbs into the Fiji to maybe create something like a 50/50 mix.

"The Sperti D/UV-Fluorescent lamp is effective in converting 7-DHC to previtamin D3 in vitro and in raising serum 25(OH)D3 in healthy adults."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220301-103719_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220301-103719_Samsung Internet.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 25

Korven

I was wondering if it's possible to put one of the vit D bulbs into the Fiji to maybe create something like a 50/50 mix.

I never bought one but there's a lot of discussion about the different Sperti lamps over on Jack Kruse's forum. They recommend the Fiji over the vitamin D lamp. Apparently the red Fiji lamp has the same amount of UVB as the vitamin D lamp so in theory it should be just as good for making vitamin D. You just gotta be careful not to burn yourself.

Old Irenaeus

I never bought one but there's a lot of discussion about the different Sperti lamps over on Jack Kruse's forum. They recommend the Fiji over the vitamin D lamp. Apparently the red Fiji lamp has the same amount of UVB as the vitamin D lamp so in theory it should be just as good for making vitamin D. You just gotta be careful not to burn yourself.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out their discussion too.

OP
J

Josh

Yeah I did actually get the Sperti in the end, been using it for months now, don't know if its got my D levels up

OP
J

Josh

But do you feel any subjective improvement?

Yeah I guess, I would recommend it if you are in a country with no sun during the winter, the main benefit for me has been CLEARING my persistent hand eczema, like CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR

Zpol

I just got the standard vit D blood test. Below are my results. I have been using solely my SPERTI nUVB light, no vit D supplements and no sunlight (because it's winter, January 15th). I use the lamp 5 min per day, alternating front and back sides. I'm petite and pale skin, others might need more time.
25 HYDROXY VITAMIN DYour Value51.1 ng/mL
Above is my post regarding the Vit D SPERTI. My 25OHD was in the 20s when I started using the lamp. It was RPs recommendation for me (via email) that I use a narrowband UVb lamp to get my vit D level up. It worked perfectly.
My health has improved since I began using it but I have been improving my life in many ways so I can't pinpoint any specific issue it helped.
I didn't get the Fiji lamp because from what I can gather, it's basically a tanning bed lamp.

I have an orange/red light that I set up next to my SPERTI and use the two lights simultaneously; feels more like sunlight that way.
Also, not sure if this related, but since I've been doing this, my vision has improved significantly (from -3.75 prescription to -3.25). I don't look directly at the lights though, so I don't know. It's just a weird unexpected thing.

CastorTroy

Above is my post regarding the Vit D SPERTI. My 25OHD was in the 20s when I started using the lamp. It was RPs recommendation for me (via email) that I use a narrowband UVb lamp to get my vit D level up. It worked perfectly.
My health has improved since I began using it but I have been improving my life in many ways so I can't pinpoint any specific issue it helped.
I didn't get the Fiji lamp because from what I can gather, it's basically a tanning bed lamp.

I have an orange/red light that I set up next to my SPERTI and use the two lights simultaneously; feels more like sunlight that way.
Also, not sure if this related, but since I've been doing this, my vision has improved significantly (from -3.75 prescription to -3.25). I don't look directly at the lights though, so I don't know. It's just a weird unexpected thing.
I thought Sperti didn't use narrowband UVB lamps, it has broadband ones, containing UVA as well. Did you replace yourself the bulbs in the device for with nUVB ones?

1646500751708.png

David PS

I use a Sperti lamp 2 or 3 times a week. It has a built-in 5 minute timer. I use the model with the non-tanning bulbs. I only use it for about 6 months out of the year in an attempt to keep my vitamin D levels from falling below the desired range during the winter months. In the springtime, I tan quite quickly. I believe that is because my vitamin D levels are in the proper range.

Zpol

I thought Sperti didn't use narrowband UVB lamps, it has broadband ones, containing UVA as well.
You're correct. It's not a a true nUVb light, there is UVA as well, but it's negligible in my opinion (haven't gotten a tan from it). There may be better options out there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals