Speeding up the PUFA Detox

Bluebell

When I switched to the Peat diet, I went from having lots of PUFAs to none overnight.

I am absolutely laden with them, dripping with PUFAs.

Of course I want to detox them faster, I expect a lot of Peatarians would like that too. I read that I'm supposed to let them stay in storage, keep them there & out of the bloodstream with the help of niacinamide, then allow my liver to slowly slowly safety get rid of them. After 4 years I'll have the majority gone.

Any ways to speed it up?

Maybe ...

Coconut oil - except I can't eat it, I react very strongly against even the refined stuff. Would butter/cream be a good substitute?

Losing weight/building muscle, while taking aspirin to limit damage from the released PUFAs?

Getting thyroid working again - in process!

Vitamin E - taking small amounts.

Increase liver function - not sure how to do this apart from eating v. regularly with enough sugars so glycogen stores high enough.

Maybe "other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents", I wonder what they would be?
From Ray:
“‎The larger the quantity of “toxic fat” stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.”

Any comments/other ideas gratefully received.

Jenn

How much coconut oil are you trying to eat at one time? It has been popularly promoted to eat it by the spoonful and that is NOT beneficial to a lot of people. In our house, we had to start with a very low fat, high carb diet. I found I could tolerate coconut oil on my skin and "ate" some that way. It actually helped with body temp and appetite. Not everyone can tolerate it on his or her skin either. We are all a little different.

J

j.

You don't want to speed it up. PUFAs do their damage when you get rid of them.

Bluebell

Jenn said:
How much coconut oil are you trying to eat at one time? It has been popularly promoted to eat it by the spoonful and that is NOT beneficial to a lot of people. In our house, we had to start with a very low fat, high carb diet. I found I could tolerate coconut oil on my skin and "ate" some that way. It actually helped with body temp and appetite. Not everyone can tolerate it on his or her skin either. We are all a little different.

I was having about 5-10 g on my carrot salad.

That's interesting your body temperature and appetite improved just from putting coconut oil on your skin. Maybe I'll try some that way.

Bluebell

j. said:
You don't want to speed it up. PUFAs do their damage when you get rid of them.

Thank you, yes ... but not when they are coming out through the liver, so improving liver function could help.

I still like the idea of using protective substances like E/aspirin while encouraging them out a little faster through fat loss ...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans The New Way Of Speeding Up Transit Time For Amazing Bowel Health Articles & Scientific Studies 61
johnwester130 Mercola is now anti-PUFA Miscellaneous Health Discussions 13
N Uncoupling to deplete PUFA... Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 41
md_a PUFA thrombotic complications covid-19 Scientific Studies 0
bzmazu Masterjohn...Are PUFA'S Toxic? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 16
Marine Sweet chesrnut and pufa? Good or bad? Diet, Recipes 19
D Link between depression/obesity and PUFA in this study? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 0
haidut PUFA metabolites may drive bacterial infections and their resistance to antibiotics Scientific Studies 0
haidut DHT / Progesterone / aspirin treat, cortisol ineffective, PUFA promotes prostate cancer Scientific Studies 1
H PUFA experiences Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
metabolizm Is Google pro-PUFA? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 8
haidut PUFA promote torpor / hibernation, decrease lifespan Scientific Studies 10
haidut PUFA are potent immunosuppresive agents Scientific Studies 0
haidut Blocking PUFA/prostaglandins restores metabolism and reverses brain aging Scientific Studies 5
V Comparing PUFA in beans. Not so bad? Diet 9
Brandin vitamin e to balance eggs pufa. Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 15
M Organic Milk Contains More PUFA? Diet 3
I 2004 patent for low PUFA eggs Dairy, Eggs 24
Atma Ray Peat Interview #30: LSD, Serotonin, and Hallucinations | PUFA and Lipofuscin | Strategy of Tension | William Blake Interviews 4
ursidae >70 g of PUFA a day | Does diet even matter? Diet 72
haidut PUFA is catabolic, SFA is anti-catabolic (anabolic) Scientific Studies 0
DANIEL Anti-Peat Peat Wrong About PUFA? Debate - Anti-Peat 46
GelatinGoblin Which fish is best to eat in-terms of PUFA, Mercury? And maybe pollution, nuclear waste... Seafood 4
johnwester130 did my face change from k2 and avoiding PUFA? Health 84
lvysaur The Asian-Caucasoid PUFA dichotomy Scientific Studies 4
A PUFA (omega-7 Unsaturated Fatty Acids) Cause Of 'old People Smell' Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 3
Lokzo An Interview With Haidut (Georgi Dinkov) About PUFA's haidut 9
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
A Pufa Detox - Vitamin E Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 6
Harryedgar Pufa Seems More Anabolic Than SAT Here - What Do Y’all Think? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 4
johnwester130 Malassezia Turn Sebum Into PUFA - Is This Theory True? Hair & Nails 5
S Feeling Good After PUFA Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 5
haidut Dietary PUFA In Childhood Causes Diabetes And Irreversible (male) Infertility Scientific Studies 4
haidut PUFA Exacerbate, Saturated Fats (SFA) / Albumin / Calcium Ameliorate COVID-19 Scientific Studies 2
Razvan Pufa Deplition Is Amazing Mental Issues 82
Korven German Doctor Treats MS With Low PUFA Diet (Stops Disease In 84% Of Patients) Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 27
jamies33 Is Conjugated Linoleic Acid A PUFA? Milk 0
ecstatichamster Ray Peat Interview #35: CO2, Ketosis, And Mitochondria | PUFA, Sugar, Iron, And AGEs | Progesterone And Cell Stabil Danny Roddy 21
Harryedgar Fat Loss, PUFA, Estrogen Detox And Increased Metabolism Weight 0
haidut Dietary PUFA Causes (reversible) Male Infertility And Androgen Deficiency Scientific Studies 4
N Anti-Peat Saturated Fat TERRIBLE For Liver Health & Diabetes. Compared To PUFA Debate - Anti-Peat 140
lyfe Does Conventional Milk Contain PUFA? Diet 4
koreus Tearful After Reducing Stress And Cortisol By Removing PUFA Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 11
D Firebrand Meats - Low PUFA Pork Meat 5
D Low Pufa, Plant Based + Lean Wild Meat? Better Metabolism? Diet 10
N PUFA Chart? Ask For Help or Advice 4
wealthofwisdom What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet? Diet 49
L PUFA Detox? Metabolism 3
T Is There Are An Effective Way Clean PUFA Oil From Canned Oysters? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 5
J Why Does Peat Say Beef Is Low PUFA? Studies Are Contrary. I Don't Get It Meat 6