South Korea's Approach To The Corona Virus

thomas00

South Korea is one of only two countries with large outbreaks, alongside China, to flatten the curve of new infections. And it has done so without China’s draconian restrictions on speech and movement, or economically damaging lockdowns like those in Europe and the United States.
How South Korea Flattened the Curve

I find it interesting that, as far as I can tell, no journalist or politician has grilled the medical overlords who are driving the shutdowns in the UK, Europe, Australia and the US about this, even though it has been picked by every mainstream media organization on the planet. I guess the panic has just set in far too much.

tankasnowgod

I find it interesting that, as far as I can tell, no journalist or politician has grilled the medical overlords who are driving the shutdowns in the UK, Europe, Australia and the US about this, even though it has been picked by every mainstream media organization on the planet. I guess the panic has just set in far too much.

So far, the only person who hold political office that I have seen to even question this insanity is Trump.

World-famous Celebrity makes shocking statement about the Flu « Jon Rappoport's Blog
COVID: The Media Dragons are out for Trump’s blood « Jon Rappoport's Blog

However, even he has gone along with outright destruction racked by those truly evil men at the CDC. It was a sad day, and a true heel turn, when he basically agreed to "take charge" of this utter clown show. Although much of the damage was already done, at that point.

As far as I can see, this is an absolute coordinated effort to destroy the economy, wreck the lives of people financially, and destroy small businesses. It is being done at every level of government (city, state, federal), and is a true bi-partisan effort (Newsome, Cuomo, Ducey, Abbott, 2 Dems 2 Rs, all did their part in the destruction).

It's clear to me this is also a global operation. Multinational companies, and orgs like the WHO were only too happy wreck the world economy, and people's lives around the world.

I think Rappoport is dead on, if Trump is in any way serious about ending this-

"What to do now, Mr. Trump?

It doesn’t matter who hates you and who loves you, the country is behind bars. If you want to see the proximate cause, just look behind you at any press conference. Look at the line of public health bureaucrats. Robots in rigor mortis, and yet somehow they’re still alive.

They need an Obama, a Gerry Ford, a Biden, a Jimmy Carter, but they’re stuck with you. A wild card in the deck. Every day, at least once, you think, “Don’t bull**** a bull****er.”

What are you going to do?

If you’re going to try to hit a home run and put the country back to work, you’d better do it soon."

Last edited:
OP
T

thomas00

I think it's more about medical authorities covering themselves, consolidating their influence etc, or at least being overly cautious so they protect their standing among the public if there is a catastrophe. Shame they don't seem to care much about the ramifications of that overly cautious approach.

There was a poll in Australia where 1/3 of younger people thought the whole thing was overhyped. Perhaps there has been some skepticism brewing in the public about the competency of our doctors.

Sweden is not participating in the shutdown insanity so we have another population level experiment there. I suspect they will be just fine.

I think the bailouts we are seeing is just an opportunistic capitalizing on the situation, though who knows what goes on. Maybe we'll learn more in the coming months there.

Peater Piper

The first two lessons were time dependent. That window closed over two months ago. Lesson 3 is probably not feasible in most countries, and lesson 4 would probably be ignored by most western citizens. There's no doubt that almost every country in the west has botched this, but the only reason S. Korea and Taiwan have had so much success is because they IMMEDIATELY started to act on Dec. 31st when China notified the WHO. Countries in Europe, along with the USA, didn't take any action until late January, and most didn't take any serious action until late February or early March.

tankasnowgod

the only reason S. Korea and Taiwan have had so much success is because they IMMEDIATELY started to act on Dec. 31st when China notified the WHO.

Naw. It's because "The Virus" isn't a real threat Never was, never will be. Lockdown or no lockdown, it can't even get to 1/10th of the death estimates for seasonal flu, even with those death numbers being insanely inflated. Show me a single country were the total mortality rate is significantly above the average for this time of year. In Italy, despite calling pretty much any death a "Corona Virus" death, overall mortality is slightly below the average of the previous few years.

Besides, Japan, who pretty much did nothing, completely destroys your argument. Nothing out of the ordinary health wise there, no restuarants bars or clubs closed, and no lockdown.

Summer

Firstly I’ll state that I think this virus is being overplayed for political/societal purposes. With that stated, it doesn’t make sense to compare South Korea’s response to the US’s. It’s a tiny, homogenous nation. Of course they’d be able to handle this situation in a more organized, efficient manner.

yerrag

Firstly I’ll state that I think this virus is being overplayed for political/societal purposes. With that stated, it doesn’t make sense to compare South Korea’s response to the US’s. It’s a tiny, homogenous nation. Of course they’d be able to handle this situation in a more organized, efficient manner.
By your reasoning, Iran should be doing just as well as South Korea. By your reasoning China should be doing multiple times as bad as the US.

Any state can decide on their own and not wait for Trump to babysit their own governor. This is not One America. This is the United States of America.

Scenes

Naw. It's because "The Virus" isn't a real threat Never was, never will be. Lockdown or no lockdown, it can't even get to 1/10th of the death estimates for seasonal flu, even with those death numbers being insanely inflated. Show me a single country were the total mortality rate is significantly above the average for this time of year. In Italy, despite calling pretty much any death a "Corona Virus" death, overall mortality is slightly below the average of the previous few years.

Besides, Japan, who pretty much did nothing, completely destroys your argument. Nothing out of the ordinary health wise there, no restuarants bars or clubs closed, and no lockdown.

Do you have a source for this about total mortality rates? Seems like that’s the key stat that will help dispel the fear a bit here, and if it’s on the WHO website or something similar, I assume you’d expect it to be have been removed by now?

Summer

By your reasoning, Iran should be doing just as well as South Korea. By your reasoning China should be doing multiple times as bad as the US.

Any state can decide on their own and not wait for Trump to babysit their own governor. This is not One America. This is the United States of America.

No, that’s your own logic. Comparing Iran to South Korea is just as nonsensical and I can’t really see why you would unless you just feel like arguing. If that’s the case, sorry I’m not interested. And if you believe the Chinese Communist Party has been accurately reporting on the virus (even after covering it up for weeks in December) well then bless your heart.

yerrag

No, that’s your own logic. Comparing Iran to South Korea is just as nonsensical and I can’t really see why you would unless you just feel like arguing. If that’s the case, sorry I’m not interested. And if you believe the Chinese Communist Party has been accurately reporting on the virus (even after covering it up for weeks in December) well then bless your heart.
And... what about the One America and the United States of America? You hadn't answered that one yet.

Cherry picking.

yerrag

No, that’s your own logic. Comparing Iran to South Korea is just as nonsensical and I can’t really see why you would unless you just feel like arguing.
And what a nice argument you make. Nonsensical. Just because. You're ignored!

I think it's more about medical authorities covering themselves, consolidating their influence etc, or at least being overly cautious so they protect their standing among the public if there is a catastrophe. Shame they don't seem to care much about the ramifications of that overly cautious approach.

There was a poll in Australia where 1/3 of younger people thought the whole thing was overhyped. Perhaps there has been some skepticism brewing in the public about the competency of our doctors.

Sweden is not participating in the shutdown insanity so we have another population level experiment there. I suspect they will be just fine.

I think the bailouts we are seeing is just an opportunistic capitalizing on the situation, though who knows what goes on. Maybe we'll learn more in the coming months there.

This is tinfoil hat conspiracy nutter talk. Get a grip Thomas

tankasnowgod

Do you have a source for this about total mortality rates? Seems like that’s the key stat that will help dispel the fear a bit here, and if it’s on the WHO website or something similar, I assume you’d expect it to be have been removed by now?

This is the stat tracker I've seen-

EURO MOMO

Peater Piper

Not really sure what this has to do with the main topic, which is questioning why we haven't applied S. Korea's tactics, but anyway...

In Italy, despite calling pretty much any death a "Corona Virus" death, overall mortality is slightly below the average of the previous few years.
The people working at the hospitals are saying they've never seen a similar surge in patients, so I don't believe this is just status quo. Do you have a link showing that the mortality rate for the past two months is within the norm or even below average for Italy?

I wouldn't trust Japan's numbers since they were committed to preserving a certain image in order to prevent the Olympics from being halted, not to mention Japan has a history of not reporting deaths. S. Korea seems more reliable.

tankasnowgod

Just saw this. So I'm not sure where you're saying it's below average, comparing the current week to a similar week in previous years shows Italy is well above average and potentially still climbing...

Clearly, you didn't look at the chart. It's not "well above average," not at all. It's about at the same peak it had in 2019 between week 4-16. Also below the peak in the winter months from 2017-18. The highest peak in the chart for Italy is in 2016, week 52.

Yeah, it's "potentially" still climbing. It's also "potentially" leveling off, and "potentially" falling. Those are pretty much the only three options that it can be on a chart like this.

tankasnowgod

Not really sure what this has to do with the main topic, which is questioning why we haven't applied S. Korea's tactics, but anyway...

Well, South Korea's tactics were basically the same as Japan's, neither of which employed a draconian shutdown of the economy. If you are arguing that the United States should end these silly and pointless lockdowns ASAP, then I 100% agree with you.

Peater Piper

Clearly, you didn't look at the chart. It's not "well above average," not at all. It's about at the same peak it had in 2019 between week 4-16. Also below the peak in the winter months from 2017-18. The highest peak in the chart for Italy is in 2016, week 52.
2020, week 12, a z-score of 6
2019, weeks 12-16, a z-score of 0
2018, weeks 8-12, the a z-score of 4 that fell to 0
2017, week 12, a z-score of 0
2016, weeks 1-16, a z-score of 0 to 2

For this time of year, the death rate is substantially higher than in any other year dating back to at least 2016. By this point when flu season is clearing, the z-score should be approaching 0. Clearly something is different, and there's an obvious candidate.

Well, South Korea's tactics were basically the same as Japan's, neither of which employed a draconian shutdown of the economy. If you are arguing that the United States should end these silly and pointless lockdowns ASAP, then I 100% agree with you.
South Korea was testing more than any other country, and by a significant margin, up until recently. Detected COVID-19 cases were quarantined. Anyone who was within 100 meters of an infected person was also told to quarantine and were receiving notifications to do so thanks to their tracking system. S. Korea also provided subsidies for those who were forced to self-isolate. Temperature checks were required before entering buildings. They took a proactive approach to stay ahead of the virus. I would have been fine with the USA taking a similar approach, but that clearly didn't happen, and some aspects of the approach wouldn't have been possible anyway.

Japan has tested less than just about every other country, although they did shut down schools and have occasionally shut down public places. They also rarely perform autopsies in pneumonia deaths. It would be interesting to see if their pneumonia deaths have spiked, but they haven't released that information as far as I'm aware. We really have no clue what's going on there, maybe it's working, maybe it's not, and the Japanese government likes it that way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals