Sources Of Supplements In South Africa

a buddy wants to get various supps like collagen, K2, DHEA, etc.

Any good sources in South Africa? Thanks

Elize

Hi from Elize a South African living in the US.

Try Dischem Pharmacies they are all over the Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town. Perhaps contact the Dischem in Fourways Mall as they are the largest and first one opened. You could also try Weleda Pharmacy in Sandton or Pineslopes.

Best wishes

https://www.fourwaysmall.com/store/dischem/307/

Contact Us

SQu

Weleda Pharmacy in Sandton or Pineslopes.
a buddy wants to get various supps like collagen, K2, DHEA, etc.

Any good sources in South Africa? Thanks
Where in South Africa is your friend? Weleda is in Main Rd Bryanston. Northern part ofSandton. This is what I get there:

on prescription, progesterone (from Idexis) - one of the only real progesterones I can find; they put silicon dioxide in sadly so I mix with coconut oil or mct oil and filter through coffee filter, hassle, but works quite well.

Pregnenolone (Idexis). Also silicon dioxide but I don't filter, not sure about solubility.

Pregnenolone be available like most of the rest of my list, from Solal or Solgar, on prescription. Solal can be found at Dischem. Solgar at health shops.
DHEA is prescription only

non prescription:
From the (cheap) Idexis range I also get Vit K 5mg Mk7 so not too good but better than nothing, dose is by far the highest I can find, and I believe they're working on a better version
Biotin 5 or 50 mg (I decant the latter into my own capsules)
Idexis is a small compounding pharmacy, think only found at at Weleda.
Theanine 300mg
Some Idexis in sachets (better value) includes glycine, taurine. yes there's silicon dioxide in the latter, stir, let it sink and leave that stuff in the bottom of the glass.
Metagenics D3 in drops.
Gelatin - Sally Ann Creed - cheaper than supermarket alternative.
I get good (no fillers) B1 and B3 from Sunshine Vitamins, Neal's Yard, Fourways Mall. Phone Sunshine Vitamins for deliveries

In Solgar I get P5P 50mg, cut up into quarters for approx 12mg dose

fresh oysters from Fruit n Veg Nicolway, 2 minutes from Weleda.

over the counter you can get cipla actin and menograine (clonidine) and ketotifen (as a syrup for kids)

Have just ordered for the first time from Idealabs, we'll see if it survives the Post Office...

Elize

Hi.

Dischem has a compounding section should you want to do away with fillers. Not sure about Weleda