Sources For Cyproheptadine

asajulian

Does anyone know where I can purchase some of this stuff? I don't have a doctor I can get a prescription through at the current time. All the sources I've found online have it for an insane price (over .75 per pill). Other names for it are Periactin and Peritol.

John Eels

We need to find a way to share source information. Charlie?

(in regards to your question: I don't know)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
John, I have been thinking about this.

The thing is, using these sources is technically, illegal.

I think maybe the best option is to keep sources private, and use the private messaging option to share them with each other.

If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.

OP
A

asajulian

Feel free to PM me if you can help! I never knew it was illegal. I get thyroid supplements from Mexico and UK and I remember calling them and asking if it was legal to send them to me and she said it was fine. My conscience is clear on it.

just curious...what's ur reason for taking it? i have some but i cant take it during the day or i get really tired and pass out...getting it from my doctor was too easy, i don't know if thats an option for you...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
asajulian said:
Feel free to PM me if you can help! I never knew it was illegal. I get thyroid supplements from Mexico and UK and I remember calling them and asking if it was legal to send them to me and she said it was fine. My conscience is clear on it.

http://patients.about.com/od/buydrugson ... macies.htm

If they sell you a drug without requiring your doctor's signature on a prescription or if their "doctor" has written a prescription for you even if that doctor has never seen you in person, then you and the pharmacy are in violation of the law. That can mean prison.

It's illegal for Americans to order drugs from any pharmacy located outside the United States, including Canada or Mexico. This is a law imposed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA); in some circumstances, that law may be overlooked and not enforced. Sometimes the FDA looks the other way.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... macy-drugs

"Purchasing drugs online from other countries is illegal," said Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Sandy Walsh. However, she added, the FDA rarely enforces the law against those who are buying the drugs for personal use. "The FDA recommends flat out only buying prescription drugs from legal U.S. sources because oftentimes a lot of the drugs are not what they say they are.

J

j.

Charlie said:
It's illegal for Americans to order drugs from any pharmacy located outside the United States, including Canada or Mexico. This is a law imposed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA); in some circumstances, that law may be overlooked and not enforced. Sometimes the FDA looks the other way.

Dang, the FDA writes laws now? I thought only Congress could write laws.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
A

asajulian

Interesting..thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure its legal to buy prescription drugs from anywhere, but not without a prescription.

OP
A

asajulian

OrangeJuiceManiac said:
just curious...what's ur reason for taking it? i have some but i cant take it during the day or i get really tired and pass out...getting it from my doctor was too easy, i don't know if thats an option for you...

It was recommended by Peat and I've read various things about it, but I don't need it.

J

j.

I wouldn't care if it's not likely to be enforced. How would they even know?

Also, what are the penalties? Would they send you to jail for buying say, some antibiotics without prescription?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dunno J. Wish we could come to some conclusion on this. I would like to say post all the sources you want. Just not sure what the right way to handle this is.

If anything, the thing that concerns me the most, is if what you are getting is legit medicine. For me, it almost seems too risky with taking a gamble on getting the substance you ordered.

J

j.

I think the private message thing you proposed is convenient. We probably don't want the feds snooping the forum.

J

j.

Charlie, I think posting a retailer in Mexico is legit, because some members here could live in Mexico.

John Eels

I wish we had a place to share our experiences with retailers, exactly to address the concern, you expressed, Charlie, about quality of the drug. Maybe a PDF with a list of links (with some additional information like quality rating, price, shipping, payment options etc.) at some other website. We PM you our links and brief reviews and you collect the info. Later you compile it into a PDF.

Ray-Z

John Eels said:
I wish we had a place to share our experiences with retailers, exactly to address the concern, you expressed, Charlie, about quality of the drug. Maybe a PDF with a list of links (with some additional information like quality rating, price, shipping, payment options etc.) at some other website. We PM you our links and brief reviews and you collect the info. Later you compile it into a PDF.

With all due respect, JE, what you are describing sounds like a lot of work, and perhaps a bit tangential to the purpose of this forum. (Feel free to disagree.) Charlie can speak for himself, but I suspect that he does not have the time to create and oversee a Peatarian version of yelp.com. ;) :mrgreen:

About sources for medicine...

The users of this forum are often willing to confer privately about their experiences with suppliers of health care services or products. I hate America's drug laws as much as anyone does, but I don't like the idea of posting information in this forum that might place Charlie, the forum, or individual members in any jeopardy. And where the U.S. criminal justice system is involved, a little bit of paranoia can be healthy. :( :2cents

So I tend to think the existing policy makes sense.

J

j.

Ray-Z said:
The users of this forum are often willing to confer privately about their experiences with suppliers of health care services or products. I hate America's drug laws as much as anyone does, but I don't like the idea of posting information in this forum that might place Charlie, the forum, or individual members in any jeopardy. And where the U.S. criminal justice system is involved, a little bit of paranoia can be healthy. :( :2cents

So I tend to think the existing policy makes sense.

It's hard for me to believe that saying X company sells Y product is punishable. It's a statement of fact about the world, the first amendment ought to protect that. I think the fears are way overblown. Moreover, as I said before, many users here are from Mexico and other countries, so it could be people in Mexico, for example, talking about where to buy things.

nwo2012

j. said:
I wouldn't care if it's not likely to be enforced. How would they even know?

Also, what are the penalties? Would they send you to jail for buying say, some antibiotics without prescription?

You are never going to go to prison for it, believe me. The worst case is they will seize it then send you a letter telling you if you want to contest it then forward them a prescription. I know from personal experience here and also from forum members on a 'hardcore' supplement site. Even with drugs that are in a more 'grey' area (read AAS), even a fine rarely happens. Now if they seized your packages a few times, and you keep doing it, then a fine is more likely.

c093

Hello, I am a long time lurker.

I apologize for the brevity of this post-- but could someone pm a good source for cyproheptadine that will ship to the U.S. in a timely manner.

I am suffering severe bowel and stomach issues (I won't be graphic with the first post ;)
despite the prothyroid eating andd "normal" thyroid blood panel.
Ray Peat suggested I try the cypro along with thyroid. My only other option is a litany of (more) invasive tests by GIs that will just re-diagnose me with "irritable bowel." Thank you.