Sorry, Your Gut Bacteria Are Not The Answer To All Your Health Problems

XPlus

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... t-bacteria

4620506751_0.jpg

You know it's all good when Monstanto and Bayer invest in your health.
So isn't about time to surrender yourself to the overabundance of bacterial wealth around you :cool:

It's looks like the corporate cartel doesn't need to create quirky waves among the very educated anymore, they'll just ride thiers.
Now, people growing out of fish oil within the next 15 years will make the income statement too unhealthy for a CEO to look at. So isn't it just god send to have radical science convince people of eating dirt and convince all the radical environmentalists to jump in to defend their early lifeform ancestors.

It's time for the strategic planning arms of the health industry to chillax again and let the marketing, public relations and communications departments do their magic. The plan to make everyone a living trash can by 2030 is already onboard.

So for now my dear friends, eat more dirt, fibre and tyres. Buy proboitics, trash the fridge and let your food rot, and while you're at it, you might as well stock some more fish oil in case stores run out in the next 5 years.

If all goes well, nothing will fix your lactobacillus resistosis except a life-long therapy with radioactive, broad spectrum, dual release, particle diffusing Johnson & Johnson antibiotics, costing only $195.99 a month!

Now for a limited time only.
PM for bulk discount

Dude all these krill oil kids are going to have age spots by the time they're thirty
asd.gif
and IT WILL be their parents' fault this time. We are not in the Age of Excuses anymore.

I follow this "alternative media" blog, the other day they were pushing two articles one after the other... one about the dangers of serotonin drugs, the other one about raising serotonin naturally :lol: but it is beginning to look sadder than funny, so I guess I will cry :cry:

Stuart

The title is a bit misleading. The article itself is just pointing out that Big Pharma is attemptng to jump on the gravy train of microbiome awareness. I agree. It isn't much different from their well proven record of pushing a never ending list of drugs onto sick people.
You don't need to buy any probiotic pills. Just eat a pinch of clean dirt regularly and youll get even more powerful microbiome enhancing effects - at no cost whatsoever - for as long as you live. And if you eat enough of the food that the commensals in that constant re- supply, and the ones already in your microbiota. need to prosper and thereby control the pathogens, you'll get all the benefits of having a healthy microbiome.
It's not as if they're suggesting that we don't all possess a microbiome, or even that it's health isn't an integral part of whole body health. You can never hope to be healthy if your liver isn't . So why would it be any different for your microbiome ?
They're just cautioning against corporate attempts to exploit that awareness to sell stuff
Good advice surely.

narouz

Stuart said:
The title is a bit misleading. The article itself is just pointing out that Big Pharma is attemptng to jump on the gravy train of microbiome awareness. I agree. It isn't much different from their well proven record of pushing a never ending list of drugs onto sick people.
You don't need to buy any probiotic pills. Just eat a pinch of clean dirt regularly and youll get even more powerful microbiome enhancing effects - at no cost whatsoever - for as long as you live. And if you eat enough of the food that the commensals in that constant re- supply, and the ones already in your microbiota. need to prosper and thereby control the pathogens, you'll get all the benefits of having a healthy microbiome.
It's not as if they're suggesting that we don't all possess a microbiome, or even that it's health isn't an integral part of whole body health. You can never hope to be healthy if your liver isn't . So why would it be any different for your microbiome ?
They're just cautioning against corporate attempts to exploit that awareness to sell stuff
Good advice surely.

You are appendixless, Stuart.
I am appendixless.
It could be that we are changing the experiment by observing it.
:)

Stuart

narouz said:
You are appendixless, Stuart.
I am appendixless.
It could be that we are changing the experiment by observing it.
:)

Mr. Heisenberg would love you Narouz. :D
Good point though. And I do see it. I guess we all see what we want to see. Perhaps even the things we THINK we want to see aren't what our non human masters/ mistresses on whatever far flung planet is actually behind the human experiment, want to see.
It's so easy to reassure ourselves that we, as individuals have any so called 'free will' at all.
Not expecting an answer, but I do find observational perspectives fascinating!

Also, I loved the way you tied in the 'appendixless' factor.

But now that I've got your attention, can you have a crack at explaining to me why the high levels of L- tryptophan in dairy doesn't promote serotonin? Tryptophan automatically raises available serotonin doesn't it? Of course it won't end up in your brain without some other trigger - like remembering happy events/thoughts, massage, moderate exercise, sunlight on your skin etc. Is it serotonin reserves (or the reserves of serotonin precursors like tryptophan) that are considered harmful, or just serotonin in your brain?
I'm really not trying to be provocative. Just curious.

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Such_Saturation said:
Dude all these krill oil kids are going to have age spots by the time they're thirty
asd.gif
and IT WILL be their parents' fault this time. We are not in the Age of Excuses anymore.

I follow this "alternative media" blog, the other day they were pushing two articles one after the other... one about the dangers of serotonin drugs, the other one about raising serotonin naturally :lol: but it is beginning to look sadder than funny, so I guess I will cry :cry:

I've a billion dollar proposition for you Such_.

We start fecesbook.com for the new and hip generation looking to exchange fecal transplants.
20 years from now it's gonna be the ***t and those krill oil kids are going to come crawling to our website.
Then we can join the likes of Billy Gates and promote GMOs.

Mark Sission Jr.
Male, 30yo
Slight Lipofuscion
Oral thrush
No anal fissures
Looking for a petite, blond, healthy 18yo female to exchange FT

That sounds like Mercolas Website

XPlus said:
Such_Saturation said:
asd.gif

We start fecesbook.com for the new and hip generation looking to exchange fecal transplants.
20 years from now it's gonna be the s*** and those krill oil kids are going to come crawling to our website.

I like that, perhaps to catch on it should let you compare your dumps? But that would imply a mobile platform which increases our starting costs.

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Such_Saturation said:
XPlus said:
Such_Saturation said:
asd.gif

20 years from now it's gonna be the s*** and those krill oil kids are going to come crawling to our website.

I like that, perhaps to catch on it should let you compare your dumps? But that would imply a mobile platform which increases our starting costs.

We can prolly outsource this to the freelance Microbiology Phds whom had failed probiotic startups.

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Stuart said:
The title is a bit misleading. The article itself is just pointing out that Big Pharma is attemptng to jump on the gravy train of microbiome awareness.

You're living in denial Stu.

In 2001, Joshua Lederberg, a Nobel Prize-winning biologist, coined the term "microbiome,"
This is exactly how old your microbiome is.

And here goes your credibility:
The hype has kicked off a gold rush. Big food companies—including Nestle, PepsiCo, Monsanto, and General Mills—have funded gut bacteria studies

Agribusiness firms, including Monsanto, AgBiome and Bayer CropScience, are looking into how bacteria can help farmers
Yeah right

Still, despite the optimism, some researchers caution that much of what we hear about microbiome science isn't always, well, science.
80% of Immune function? Brain Telecom? IBD cure?

"We are discovering a whole new ecosystem," she says. But "I do have some fear—we all do in the field—that the hype and the potential overpromise and the idea that somehow this is going to be different—there is a terrific fear that it will all backfire."
This sounds wiser then the wild claims on Mercola's website and KombuchaGirl's Blog.

And here goes your microbiome:
The goal of the first phase of the HMP was to identify the microbial makeup of a "healthy" microbiome. And, in a study published earlier this year, researchers made an important discovery—that there is no such thing.

"We were going about it all wrong,"
Absolutely.

Jonathan Eisen, a professor and biologist who studies the ecology of microbes at the University of California-Davis, shares Proctor's concerns. In a series on his blog called "The Overselling the Microbiome Awards," Eisen highlights what he considers to be skewed science. He has taken on transplants purported to treat multiple sclerosis, celiac disease, and Crohn's disease. He casts doubt on a study claiming there's a connection between a mother's oral hygiene during pregnancy to the health of her newborn. He critiques the notion that you can use bacteria to battle breast cancer, prevent stroke, and cure Alzheimer's.
Skewed Science. Enough said.

Worse, the growing popularity of untested and unregulated therapies based in microbiome research—such as probiotics and DIY fecal transplants—could pose health threats to the public.
Given the concerns of Proctor and Eisen, that might be a smart approach. "You haven't seen any specific therapy or product yet, and in that regard it is still some years away," Proctor says. "There is a certain pace at which things can happen and it is such a brand new area that there is a lot yet to be understood."
Rings a bill, KeffirBoy.

And here goes the less than 14yo Manosanto-funded microbiome studies:
Eisen says that one of the most common errors in studies is confusion between correlation and causation. "The microbiome has 400 million different variables that you can measure about it," Eisen explains. "The different sites, the different species, the relative abundance of those species, the variation—if you have that many variables, I can guarantee statistically that some of them will be perfectly correlated with Crohn's disease and have nothing to do with it."

Given the concerns of Proctor and Eisen, that might be a smart approach. "You haven't seen any specific therapy or product yet, and in that regard it is still some years away," Proctor says. "There is a certain pace at which things can happen and it is such a brand new area that there is a lot yet to be understood."
Yes, because a skewed science is counterproductive.

Stuart said:
You can never hope to healthy if your liver isn't. So why would it be any different for your microbiome
It's perplexing to compare an internal organ to a parasite.

Brian

I finally became convinced that high populations of intestinal bacteria don't serve a meaningful or useful purpose after taking serotonin antagonists such as BCAA's, cypro, or carrot salad. My digestion and bowel transit became perfect overnight. So I'm convinced that excellent stool formation and transit have nothing to do with bacteria and everything to do with keeping serotonin low.

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Brian said:
I finally became convinced that high populations of intestinal bacteria don't serve a meaningful or useful purpose after taking serotonin antagonists such as BCAA's, cypro, or carrot salad. My digestion and bowel transit became perfect overnight. So I'm convinced that excellent stool formation and transit have nothing to do with bacteria and everything to do with keeping serotonin low.

Since I, too, find Ray's ideas more convincing, now, it seems counterproductive buy into the hype.

Still, I find it interesting that some people report benefits from taking probiotics, eating fibre and fermented foods.
But then there's also a lot of people who seem stuck in that paradigm constantly trying to tweak things to fix their guts. There's also a lot of confusion. I remember an example when I was reading the blog of a pro-paleo girl who was describing her experience eating fruits after sometime on the paleo diet. She mentioned her stomach acting up and feeling bloated after eating fruits.

Having been reading and experimenting with Peat for a while, that sounded like SIBO to me - as a result of crumbling metabolism from low carbing.

She had a slightly different interpretation of her experience. A very interesting one. One that made me giggle and feel sympathetic to her cause.
She thought that the gut irritation she was experiencing was as a sign of the body being sensitive to junk food and this is its way of rejecting it, because now she's only used to eating the good stuff.

I wonder how many people read things like that and assume it's well rooted in science
I probably would've bought that have I still believed in paleo.

This mindless culture keeps building itself upon nothing but mere speculation.

Nicholas

"So I'm convinced that excellent stool formation and transit have nothing to do with bacteria and everything to do with keeping serotonin low." or it could be that reducing serotonin allows the bacteria population to be in harmony. i think serotonin is equally unchartered territory and can't be thrown around like we fully understand its character in the gut.

Nicholas

"Still, I find it interesting that some people report benefits from taking probiotics, eating fibre and fermented foods.
But then there's also a lot of people who seem stuck in that paradigm constantly trying to tweak things to fix their guts. There's also a lot of confusion. I remember an example when I was reading the blog of a pro-paleo girl who was describing her experience eating fruits after sometime on the paleo diet. She mentioned her stomach acting up and feeling bloated after eating fruits. "

i know what you're saying, but in all fairness fruit has fiber, right?

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Nicholas said:
"Still, I find it interesting that some people report benefits from taking probiotics, eating fibre and fermented foods.
But then there's also a lot of people who seem stuck in that paradigm constantly trying to tweak things to fix their guts. There's also a lot of confusion. I remember an example when I was reading the blog of a pro-paleo girl who was describing her experience eating fruits after sometime on the paleo diet. She mentioned her stomach acting up and feeling bloated after eating fruits. "

i know what you're saying, but in all fairness fruit has fiber, right?

Yes, I didn't intend to generally disregard fibre as bad and regard fruits as good.
Within the context of gut issues fibre is highly risky and the risk from eating fruits usually depends on ripeness and digestive function.

Brian

Nicholas said:
"So I'm convinced that excellent stool formation and transit have nothing to do with bacteria and everything to do with keeping serotonin low." or it could be that reducing serotonin allows the bacteria population to be in harmony. i think serotonin is equally unchartered territory and can't be thrown around like we fully understand its character in the gut.

Good point. The truth is I all I know is that pro-metabolic lifestyle and diet make my digestion and body work very well. I can't claim to know the exact mechanism. There could very well be some role of bacteria in the system, but I have never found good results by intentionally trying to manipulate them.

It really amazes me actually how big a difference the serotonin-reduction methods work and how fast they worked in my case. If I was illiterate I would probably think it was magic.

Nicholas

yeah - i took antibiotics a couple months ago and felt great - everything improved instantly. then again, i think i was coming from an especially high serotonin state at that point as my stomach got enormously bloated in a single day. it was likely stress that increased the serotonin, if that's what it was.

pboy

consistently eating antibiotics...which I dont anymore, but I cant say that having done so in the past wasn't a HUGE part of my freeing my body and mind in my life. Bacteria either promote cortisol or estrogen, and really don't want to be kicked out. Even in the flush out of them, theres like a serotonin response until theyre literally out. When I was eating raw cacao in extremely high amounts...6-7 years ago, it changed my life. Knowing what I know now, it...has a special effect similar to tobacco but much more powerful, in that it...basically bacteria and/or yeast perhaps are representations of thought patterns, that aren't yours, that came from other people or potentially were self induced. Anything that would have you seem like you owe someone, the world, something, that induces guilt that isn't in an obvious way of you deserving it like littering or something, anything that is a 'should' or that basically takes your energy...the key is, it doesn't bring you feelings of high dope and love in your heart, which is the state you are supposed to be in, its beyond thoughts a lot of times. Any pattern, thought, person, 'duty', or like perspective on life..theres always a sad melancholic or kind of victim hopeless...or even victim of 'god' or 'necessary duty for mankind' thought is actually serotnerigically generated and the manifestation is in microbes in the gut. If you consistently eat large amounts of potent material like raw cacao, the thing...at the time I didn't quite know what it was, but...basically you become you, your own heart, joy, and basically ability to dance and flow through life, have confidence...feel elated doped feelings comes back. Senses of shame or guilt or non worthiness to be in a situation or talk to certain people or anything like that, are quelled almost completely...depending. And of course, the people that are parasitic in your life that prevent you from dancing, the thought patterns, or whatever it is, will try to fight back and throw guilt or doubt and ***t into you, and you have to commit to dumping them. Once you do, the proper wiring will set in through living and experience, and then you ***t out the micriobes, usually in a soapy froth fashion. Eventually when your experience and immune system and wiring is to a certain degree, you don't need antibiotics anymore...you use your senses, and pay attention to what takes your joy away, even a thought, and you can cast it out just via your own inner eye's immune system. Dancing, feeling doped and elated, is the precursor to casting out all parasitic influences from your life and internally. Strong antimicrobials can help you do this, but probably the main factor and why raw cacao is so powerful is PEA, dopamine, oxytocin and other things that have you feeling surged with elated feelings and positivity and capability. Its funny and beautiful how everything in life changes when having those surging through you, discernibility is almost perfect, the way nature appears and feels, just everything gets put into its rightful karmic place and its easy to distinguish what your heart really is, who you are, what makes you in your highest...thought wise and in the totality. Ultimately antimocribials are harsh on the intestines and are kind of a roller coasted ride of back and forth epic feelings to feeling constipated or tugged down because usually they are very astringent, so you want to end needing them...it can take years though...in our society all the ***t, all your parents, school, whatever..like a million subtle things, but eventually your own immune system steps up...at the same time you will have to be careful with how you live your life, where you go, who you're around, what you say, where you work and all that, but the joy you feel...freedom, in your heart, trumps everything so its ok. If you promote serotonin on purposed such as eating offensive or gas producing food ...starve yourself, anything that weakens your fire basically, predisposes you to being needy or desperate or needing excessive help from others...and then their bull**** kind of thoughts or perspectives, your perspectives o n life, get...tainted often times, and then they stay with you, and then microbes set in, always...whenever your joy is gonna come on, throw doubt and fear at you, and the particular thought or energetic pattern they represent, and basically it is like the kind of thing that makes you want to cringe or scream cause you cant ever quite feel totally free flowing free and ...your mind always gets infested with thoughts that distract you from your pure beingness, dancing and flowing in joy, just because, totally heart guided

ive been on an alone journey trailblazing this kind of knowing, and have had to endure so much intensity of all kinds, the kinds that pretty much no one ive met could even come close to handling. Take it as a gift of love

narouz

pboy-
I too have long been curious about your Raw Cacao Era.
And you also have a qualifiedly positive view of tobacco sometimes.

Could you give us a glimpse?

pboy

man ...don't do it just because I said..like its not all fun and games its incredibly...intense and can put you in profound suffering states as you go through things...I cant suggest herbs at all to other people because of that. I gotta stop posting and talking in public forums, its too much of a karmic tangle, I think I might be doing something wrong...kinda know I am now...im speaking from the other end, and often don't think of what the path was, and why...and I don't know who im talking to or might read what I say

Yes many harsh things have helped me a lot, but I cant suggest it to other people because its invariably me knowing the hardships they'll likely go through

The goal is to end suffering...all I can say is refuse to suffer, be unworthy of suffering deep in your soul and then figure out how to manifest that in this life...that is the path. Its like when they say in certain teachings...kung fu isn't just a martial art, your life is kung fu. Every thing you do all the time matters, how you do it...everything, nothing is overlooked, everything has its effect

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom