Sorry To Be Gross, But

A. squamosa

Just now (midday), there was actual, complete, undigested slices of mushroom in my stool from the previous night's dinner. How?! Why?!:barf

Footscray

You obviously didn't chew them. Remember your stomach doesn't have teeth, they are in your mouth for a reason. To give digestion the greatest hand possible, regardless of what you eat, chew your food.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

You obviously didn't chew them. Remember your stomach doesn't have teeth,

I did chew, and if a couple of slices make it down the gullet having avoided the teeth, shouldn't stomach acid (or something) take care of it?

Footscray

My wife and I tell off the kids as we say "slow down, chew your food" . I was ribbing you a little bit, but I think really the point remains, we shouldn't really be swallowing chunks. And if mushies are as antibacterial as I am lead to believe, then I see no problem with them making the journey, post mouth, intact. A bit like corn, if that's not chewed, it goes through to the keeper as well.

raypeatclips

I chopped up mushrooms before and ate them and saw many of them in my stool. I wonder if grating them before boiling would help, the strands would be much smaller than I would be able to chop, and would be quite convenient I'd imagine. I'm going to give it a go on my next mushroom batch.

tara

I did chew, and if a couple of slices make it down the gullet having avoided the teeth, shouldn't stomach acid (or something) take care of it?
I think that's the reason Peat has suggested raw carrots and cooked bamboo and mushrooms as useful fibre. They are less soluble, and more likely to stay intact so they can perform a better broom function than if they were dissolved by the digestive juices or bacteria munching on them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals