Sorghum

Does sorghum boost DHT?

• No and my labs confirm it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From January 15th to February 15th I will consume 1 cup of sorghum daily. I will run 3 DHT blood test before/during and towards the end.

If you guys end up doing the same post your labs!

Peace out

CDT

Cant wait to see the results. Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't higher DHT be negative? High DHT levels is commonly associated with hairloss? Thanks in advance for your response!

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Cant wait to see the results. Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't higher DHT be negative? High DHT levels is commonly associated with hairloss? Thanks in advance for your response!
DHT is beneficial for strength, memory, libido, confidence, normal development of genitalia during puberty, facial hair growth, morning wood and erections. Micro penis is caused by low 5 alpha reductase/ low DHT. Whether it causes hair loss I’m not sure I haven’t looked into the studies. I think hairloss is genetic and when you add in high estrogen/cortisol/prolactin and low thyroid function it could accelerate it.

DHT is not the only hormone you should focus on optimizing but it’s one of them.

Your not ignorant man. We’re all just here to learn. Maybe other members have more to add.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Just got my sorghum so I will commence the experiment!

Just a heads up

I’ll be taking 400-800 mgs of Vitamin e along with the one cup of sorghum a day to mitigate PUFA as much as I can

I’ll be getting my before results for DHT soon which will be posted and I will post my after in exactly a month time

Thanks peeps!

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Hmm..
Does vitamin E affect DHT at all? I feel like it does.
This experiment won't be as effective if sorghum isnt the only variable being changed
Hmmmmmmm! It should since it lowers prolactin. How about this if more people agree I should drop it for the sake of experiment then so be it. I’ll be the lab rat for a month.

I agree with jamies33, for the sake of a proper experiment I suggest you drop vitamin E. You want to know if sorghum supplementation not sorghum with vitamin E supplementation will affect DHT levels.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I agree with jamies33, for the sake of a proper experiment I suggest you drop vitamin E. You want to know if sorghum supplementation not sorghum with vitamin E supplementation will affect DHT levels.
As the people wish! Day 2 onward will be nothing but sorghum.

J

jb116

Earlier I was going to mention, how would one know the effects are from E or the sorghum. But now I'm thinking, you should try both! Imagine that:
Control = before any of these
Test 1 = only sorghum
Test 2 = only E
Test 3 = both

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Earlier I was going to mention, how would one know the effects are from E or the sorghum. But now I'm thinking, you should try both! Imagine that:
Control = before any of these
Test 1 = only sorghum
Test 2 = only E
Test 3 = both
I’ll just do sorghum alone for you rascals.

I think vitamin E has already been proven to work but sorghum is lacking any traction only claims but no blood tests

Hairfedup

Props to you man, this is great. I think it might indeed spike DHT levels. The Nilotic people of Sudan [and the rest of Central/East Africa] are known to eat mostly sorghum and millet. Interestingly, most descriptions on them always mention their height and strength. But...they have terrible hairlines and most Nilotes I knew growing up in Kenya/Uganda were bald/extremely bad hairline by 25. So the staple sorghum and millet diet [along with red meat+milk] might really play a role.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Props to you man, this is great. I think it might indeed spike DHT levels. The Nilotic people of Sudan [and the rest of Central/East Africa] are known to eat mostly sorghum and millet. Interestingly, most descriptions on them always mention their height and strength. But...they have terrible hairlines and most Nilotes I knew growing up in Kenya/Uganda were bald/extremely bad hairline by 25. So the staple sorghum and millet diet [along with red meat+milk] might really play a role.
Hopefully it does haha