Sorghum

Does sorghum boost DHT?

• No and my labs confirm it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
Alex Jaramillo
Taking inspiration from the thread Imma [I've actually already started] start with sorghum. I made sure its actual African sorghum [bel/mtema -reddish in colour] and not the bleached 'sweet white' or whatever BS they got coming out from Australia...my granny is from the African Great Lakes so remembering how she did it, I either soak the sorghum for a night or preferably ferment it over a few days, keeping the batch alive. Boil with water + sugar, finish with some lime, yogurt or sour milk. This how she and locals prepare it so this what we going with. Locals say you're never supposed to eat it unsoaked, dont know why but some traditional knowledge is good. Its been 10 days and my memory is back how it used to be...voice deeper but its hard to tell that ish already deep as hell...same with my beard its impossible to tell cuz its already strong. I do feel great since starting though...alot of my GERD/Barret's symptoms have decreased heavily as well. Cant do bloods obviously at this time and where I live at, but imma keep the thread updated.

edit: sorghum has PUFA?
Yeah it is nasty un-soaked. There are some syrups out there that are reddish. I wonder if those would be just as good as that is a lot easier to use on a daily basis. Im glad your seeing results though man. Which brand are you using to get this reddish sorghum?

Hairfedup

Yeah it is nasty un-soaked. There are some syrups out there that are reddish. I wonder if those would be just as good as that is a lot easier to use on a daily basis. Im glad your seeing results though man. Which brand are you using to get this reddish sorghum?

Thanks bro, yeah I'm not sure about the syrup...I use a brand called Super Mabela from South Africa..if its not on Amazon I just go to my local African grocer...theres a bunch where I live..if it says Mabela/Bel/Mtema on the front its the good stuff, should be a pinkish brown raw. Dark reddish brown cooked. Same as finger millet, but even that is mostly white and Australian now days if its not from an African or Indian source.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Thanks bro, yeah I'm not sure about the syrup...I use a brand called Super Mabela from South Africa..if its not on Amazon I just go to my local African grocer...theres a bunch where I live..if it says Mabela/Bel/Mtema on the front its the good stuff, should be a pinkish brown raw. Dark reddish brown cooked. Same as finger millet, but even that is mostly white and Australian now days if its not from an African or Indian source.
Appreciate it! Do you think the reddish brown sorghum has a better affect on your androgens then the white sorghum flour?

Hairfedup

Appreciate it! Do you think the reddish brown sorghum has a better affect on your androgens then the white sorghum flour?

No worries man. Yeah absolutely, God knows what they do to the genus of sorghum or how they process it, but that white/beige stuff is not the sorghum eaten in Africa for milennia...there's something off about it...in terms of androgens I feel nothing on the commercial variety and yeah its purely anecdotal but the stuff's just not the same. Sorghum one of the few food sources of vitamin D, but I doubt there's anything but trace in the processed version they selling in stores.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
No worries man. Yeah absolutely, God knows what they do to the genus of sorghum or how they process it, but that white/beige stuff is not the sorghum eaten in Africa for milennia...there's something off about it...in terms of androgens I feel nothing on the commercial variety and yeah its purely anecdotal but the stuff's just not the same. Sorghum one of the few food sources of vitamin D, but I doubt there's anything but trace in the processed version they selling in stores.
I had no idea it had vitamin D

Michael Mohn

Taking inspiration from the thread Imma [I've actually already started] start with sorghum. I made sure its actual African sorghum [bel/mtema -reddish in colour] and not the bleached 'sweet white' or whatever BS they got coming out from Australia...my granny is from the African Great Lakes so remembering how she did it, I either soak the sorghum for a night or preferably ferment it over a few days, keeping the batch alive. Boil with water + sugar, finish with some lime, yogurt or sour milk. This how she and locals prepare it so this what we going with. Locals say you're never supposed to eat it unsoaked, dont know why but some traditional knowledge is good. Its been 10 days and my memory is back how it used to be...voice deeper but its hard to tell that ish already deep as hell...same with my beard its impossible to tell cuz its already strong. I do feel great since starting though...alot of my GERD/Barret's symptoms have decreased heavily as well. Cant do bloods obviously at this time and where I live at, but imma keep the thread updated.

edit: sorghum has PUFA?

Sorghum has higher levels of goiterogenic substances. Especially the red, african versions. Soaking and washing removes a lot of them. Lime helps. Boiling in sodium bicarbonate breaks up the seed. Sorghum always increased strength and felt androgenic.

Hairfedup

I had no idea it had vitamin D

Yeah me neither till recently.

Other fat-soluble vitamins, namely D, E, and K, have also been found in sorghum grain. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10942910802252148

Sorghum is also a good source of vitamins and minerals. The vitamin B complex (pyridoxine, riboflavin, and thiamin) and some fat‐soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K) are the principal vitamins in sorghum, with potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc being the main minerals (Léder, 2004; MartinoI et al., 2012; USDA, 2019) from : Sorghum Grain: From Genotype, Nutrition, and Phenolic Profile to Its Health Benefits and Food Applications

sladerunner69

Never ran blood tests and currently don’t have either vitamin E (tocovit) or sorghum plus going through some tough times at the moment but would be great to finally know if it has an influence on the almighty DHT maybe some people in this thread could try it out

I tried it years ago and didn't like how it made me feel. But I am willing to give it another shot because I seem to respond well to anything that increases DHT, 5-ar etc. I wikll keep you updated.

Hairfedup

Sorghum has higher levels of goiterogenic substances. Especially the red, african versions. Soaking and washing removes a lot of them. Lime helps. Boiling in sodium bicarbonate breaks up the seed. Sorghum always increased strength and felt androgenic.

Thats great to know, thank you.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Yeah me neither till recently.

Other fat-soluble vitamins, namely D, E, and K, have also been found in sorghum grain. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10942910802252148

Sorghum is also a good source of vitamins and minerals. The vitamin B complex (pyridoxine, riboflavin, and thiamin) and some fat‐soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K) are the principal vitamins in sorghum, with potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc being the main minerals (Léder, 2004; MartinoI et al., 2012; USDA, 2019) from : Sorghum Grain: From Genotype, Nutrition, and Phenolic Profile to Its Health Benefits and Food Applications
That’s news to me. Thanks for informing me :)

David90

DHT is beneficial for strength, memory, libido, confidence, normal development of genitalia during puberty, facial hair growth, morning wood and erections. Micro penis is caused by low 5 alpha reductase/ low DHT. Whether it causes hair loss I’m not sure I haven’t looked into the studies. I think hairloss is genetic and when you add in high estrogen/cortisol/prolactin and low thyroid function it could accelerate it.

DHT is not the only hormone you should focus on optimizing but it’s one of them.

Your not ignorant man. We’re all just here to learn. Maybe other members have more to add.

+1

Sorghum is indeed a Potent DHT Raiser. ( 5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid )

I have ordered a Package of Sorghum Flour a Year Ago. But i never try'ed it for one Month like you did. I'll wait also for the Results and maybe jump on the Bandwagon and try it myself for one or Two Months....

Coderr

Sorghum is said to be goitrogenic. Is that true? Does it cause problems for the thyroid?

OP
Alex Jaramillo
+1

Sorghum is indeed a Potent DHT Raiser. ( 5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid )

I have ordered a Package of Sorghum Flour a Year Ago. But i never try'ed it for one Month like you did. I'll wait also for the Results and maybe jump on the Bandwagon and try it myself for one or Two Months....
I haven’t had any in a long time but I agree with @sladerunner69 I did get a sense of warmth from sorghum consumption