Sons Tumor

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
R

Rah

Thank you . I truly see the goodness of God in you and the countless people on this forum who help for free. I don’t know how to express through this keyboard how grateful people like me are for the knowledge you provide. Never stop you guys are like a beacon of light in dark times.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you . I truly see the goodness of God in you and the countless people on this forum who help for free. I don’t know how to express through this keyboard how grateful people like me are for the knowledge you provide. Never stop you guys are like a beacon of light in dark times.

Thank you, good luck, and keep us posted!

OP
R

Rah

The treatment they want is Larotrectinib from wiki
Larotrectinib (tradename Vitrakvi) is a drug for the treatment of cancer.[1] It is an inhibitor of tropomyosin kinase receptors TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC. It was discovered by Array BioPharmaand licensed to Loxo Oncology in 2013.

And from the vitrakvi site

Most Common Adverse Reactions (≥20%): The most common adverse reactions (≥20%) were: increased ALT (45%), increased AST (45%), anemia (42%), fatigue (37%), nausea (29%), dizziness (28%), cough (26%), vomiting (26%), constipation (23%), and diarrhea (22%).

Drug Interactions: Avoid coadministration of VITRAKVI with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (including grapefruit or grapefruit juice), strong CYP3A4 inducers (including St. John’s wort), or sensitive CYP3A4 substrates. If coadministration of strong CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers cannot be avoided, modify the VITRAKVI dose as recommended. If coadministration of sensitive CYP3A4 substrates cannot be avoided, monitor patients for increased adverse reactions of these drugs.

I know no here is the doctor and I need to discuss all things with the doctor and his team. But I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were and if any of the therapies I’ve been using thyroid, aspirin, k2 , Emodin, pryucet, niacinamide etc could possibly be combined with therapy or not.

Last edited:

alywest

The treatment they want is Larotrectinib from wiki
Larotrectinib (tradename Vitrakvi) is a drug for the treatment of cancer.[1] It is an inhibitor of tropomyosin kinase receptors TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC. It was discovered by Array BioPharmaand licensed to Loxo Oncology in 2013.

And from the vitrakvi site

Most Common Adverse Reactions (≥20%): The most common adverse reactions (≥20%) were: increased ALT (45%), increased AST (45%), anemia (42%), fatigue (37%), nausea (29%), dizziness (28%), cough (26%), vomiting (26%), constipation (23%), and diarrhea (22%).

Drug Interactions: Avoid coadministration of VITRAKVI with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (including grapefruit or grapefruit juice), strong CYP3A4 inducers (including St. John’s wort), or sensitive CYP3A4 substrates. If coadministration of strong CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers cannot be avoided, modify the VITRAKVI dose as recommended. If coadministration of sensitive CYP3A4 substrates cannot be avoided, monitor patients for increased adverse reactions of these drugs.

I know no here is the doctor and I need to discuss all things with the doctor and his team. But I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were and if any of the therapies I’ve been using thyroid, aspirin, k2 , Emodin, pryucet, niacinamide etc could possibly be combined with therapy or not.
I would ask the doctor. You really don't know if they could have adverse interactions. I would go with what the doctors want to do to stay on the safe side. I know that's not a popular opinion on this forum. The best thing you can do is focus on foods that don't hinder and hopefully support thyroid because that is going to help keep him strong during chemo or whatever they want to give him. I don't think thyroid supplementation can hurt unless you give too much. A little t3 goes a long way. Ask the doc about ondansetron for nausea.

OP
R

Rah

I would ask the doctor. You really don't know if they could have adverse interactions. I would go with what the doctors want to do to stay on the safe side. I know that's not a popular opinion on this forum. The best thing you can do is focus on foods that don't hinder and hopefully support thyroid because that is going to help keep him strong during chemo or whatever they want to give him. I don't think thyroid supplementation can hurt unless you give too much. A little t3 goes a long way. Ask the doc about ondansetron for nausea.

Thank you

OP
R

Rah

His thyroid tests
We had them checked because his hair is shedding.

T3 Total 156 ng/dL
T4 9.0 UG/dL
TSH 6.21 mcu/ml
Thyroperoxidase ab, S 0.4 iu/ml
Thyroglobulin antibody, s 1.8 iu/ml

Any thoughts

Last edited:

alywest

His thyroid tests
We had them checked because his hair is shedding.

T3 Total 156 ng/dL
T4 9.0 UG/dL
TSH 6.21 mcu/ml
Thyroperoxidase ab, S 0.4 iu/ml
Thyroglobulin antibody, s 1.8 iu/ml

Any thoughts
Very high TSH. I would go to as many doctors, including naturopaths as you need to to find someone who will prescribe thyroid. Naturopaths are much likelier to also prescribe t3. Insist on non-generic cytomel. Otherwise order t3 from Mexico. I find that once the doctors start treatment for thyroid they're not scared of a lower TSH but it has to be out of range for them to start treating it. His is out of range anyway, so you shouldn't have a hard time getting levothyroxine, the standard med of regular docs.

OP
R

Rah

Very high TSH. I would go to as many doctors, including naturopaths as you need to to find someone who will prescribe thyroid. Naturopaths are much likelier to also prescribe t3. Insist on non-generic cytomel. Otherwise order t3 from Mexico. I find that once the doctors start treatment for thyroid they're not scared of a lower TSH but it has to be out of range for them to start treating it. His is out of range anyway, so you shouldn't have a hard time getting levothyroxine, the standard med of regular docs.

Their standard range at this hospital is
0.39 - 7.26 MCU/ML

I’ Been trying to get them to look at the obvious symptoms as low body temp, weight gain , thinning hair , constipation etc but as long as it’s in the normal range I’m just crazy. We should meet with the doctors this week about the treatment I will try again. Is there a connection between TSH and cancer reoccurrence? That would make a great argument.

Peatful

alywest

Their standard range at this hospital is
0.39 - 7.26 MCU/ML

I’ Been trying to get them to look at the obvious symptoms as low body temp, weight gain , thinning hair , constipation etc but as long as it’s in the normal range I’m just crazy. We should meet with the doctors this week about the treatment I will try again. Is there a connection between TSH and cancer reoccurrence? That would make a great argument.
Is it possible for you to go to another doctor that's not at that hospital? I can't believe that's the range they use now, just ridiculous! Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get optimal thyroid care from an allopathic doctor, your best bet is probably to search for a naturopath and have them treat thyroid. The hospital isn't going to have a problem with that hopefully, but obviously I would make sure they know all the meds and supplements he'll be taking.

OP
R

Rah

Just to update this thread we had another MRI. And the tumor shrunk by 50%. That’s the best response in 6 years. The only thing we have been doing other than the drug is a low-fat diet. It’s summer so he gets some sunlight almost daily. We will continue on Vitrakvi for as long as it continues to work I guess for up to a year. Thanks for all your guys advice and please keep him in your prayers going forward.

Peatful

Thank you for this update.
Especially the great news.
Well done mom and dad!

I will pray (and if you feel comfortable sharing his first name I would love to use that as I lift him up- although not necessary of course).

OP
R

Rah

Update

We had another MRI and the tumor shrank by 20%. We are thru the roof excited. He’s never been better. We have been using oxidal, aspirin, niacinamide,thyroid as he’s temp was 95.8 now it’s 97.6. The newest addition was the pryucet and second only to God’s grace I believe pryucet was the secret weapon. I continue to learn as I go. If anyone is battling illness especially cancer look into Pyrucet. Thanks Haidut for all your supplements and contributions to all. The only thing is he’s gained some weight and having a tough time not gaining more. I don’t know if that’s part of the healing process or not.

Peatful

Update

We had another MRI and the tumor shrank by 20%. We are thru the roof excited. He’s never been better. We have been using oxidal, aspirin, niacinamide,thyroid as he’s temp was 95.8 now it’s 97.6. The newest addition was the pryucet and second only to God’s grace I believe pryucet was the secret weapon. I continue to learn as I go. If anyone is battling illness especially cancer look into Pyrucet. Thanks Haidut for all your supplements and contributions to all. The only thing is he’s gained some weight and having a tough time not gaining more. I don’t know if that’s part of the healing process or not.
I’m excited with you all.

If you’re in the US- happy Thanksgiving.

Special love to your little boy.
A Superhero!

tankasnowgod

Update

That's awesome! I remember seeing this thread when you posted, and didn't really have much to offer initially. Sounds like things are going really well.

Inaut

Update

very glad to read this @Rah. God bless him

Motif

Awesome!
No idea how this influences tumors, but maybe try to add magnesium , potassium, glycine, taurine and l theanine? My overall health improved a lot from that.

Also ox bile : hcl betaine for digestion.

I swear on that stuff. My immune system improved so much from that. And not just that.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update

This is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing! Keeping fingers crossed he will keep improving.
FWIW, the weight gain is probably due to cypro but I think this is minor concern considering his young age. He will probably lose that extra weight when he enters puberty.
Also, if you have not tried it yet, you may want to try a few drops of Pyrucet on the navel as per the post below.
Navel Application / Absorption Rivals Intravenous One, Skin Route Not Far Behind

A number of people reported getting much stronger effects when using our products topically there and I think user @ecstatichamster had some really good effects specifically with Pyrucet, so maybe he can chime in with more info on how much he used, days on/off regimen, and how much can be used without causing irritation to the skin.
Best of luck and please keep is posted!