Son With Possible Giardia

margieplant

Hi,
My name is Margie. I hear Dr. Peat on KMUD radio, in northern CA once a month on Fridays. I am 56 but I am really searching out some info for my son, who is 26. I'm hoping Dr. Peat can help us find a solution for some digestive system issues he has been having for about 3 years. My son worked in the back country and although he was not specifically diagnosed with a waterborne illness such as giardia, it seemed he had most of the symptoms of giardia. The doctor prescribed the common medication, Flagell, to kill off bacteria in his digestive system. He then he was instructed to take probiotics to build back up his flora in his system. He also began taking daily essential enzymes as a digestive aid from a natural based company. He currently has bouts of inflammation and food passes through his system very quickly. I'm hoping you can provide references and suggestions for helping him. We would greatly appreciate it!
Margie

Austin

margieplant said:
Hi,
My name is Margie. I hear Dr. Peat on KMUD radio, in northern CA once a month on Fridays. I am 56 but I am really searching out some info for my son, who is 26. I'm hoping Dr. Peat can help us find a solution for some digestive system issues he has been having for about 3 years. My son worked in the back country and although he was not specifically diagnosed with a waterborne illness such as giardia, it seemed he had most of the symptoms of giardia. The doctor prescribed the common medication, Flagell, to kill off bacteria in his digestive system. He then he was instructed to take probiotics to build back up his flora in his system. He also began taking daily essential enzymes as a digestive aid from a natural based company. He currently has bouts of inflammation and food passes through his system very quickly. I'm hoping you can provide references and suggestions for helping him. We would greatly appreciate it!
Margie

Hi Margie,

I had similar issues 3-4 years ago, and thought I had giardia as well at first. There's a pretty simple test your son can take with a gastroenterologist that tests for giardia. Of course that test is about 60% accurate. I was tested 3 times and all 3 times the tests came back negative. Giardia symptoms really are the same symptoms as IBS-D and hundreds of other gut problems. That is of course what brought me to Dr. Peat's work. After a year of eating 60% Peat, most of my symptoms are gone minus a few lingering issues that seem to be improving. The gastroenterologists couldn't figure out what was wrong with me at the time after various tests and wasted money. It may be wise to seek their help first to rule out more serious issues like life threatening parasites and the like. If they can't fix the problem though, then the next step could be trying a Peat style diet.

Hope this helps.

yoloswag

I had giardia as per a stool test and used Flagyl to get rid of it. I wasn't eating Peat back then but I immediately felt better and could sleep without waking up. Flash forward 2 years later and I still have IBS-like symptoms (bloating, inflammation, constipation) but it is getting much better after a lot of fine tuning from my diet. I mostly eat fish, eggs, oxtail, shrimp, grapes, apricots, and maple syrup.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Margie and yoloswag, welcome to the forum. :welcome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals