Son With Possible Giardia

margieplant

Hi,
My name is Margie. I hear Dr. Peat on KMUD radio, in northern CA once a month on Fridays. I am 56 but I am really searching out some info for my son, who is 26. I'm hoping Dr. Peat can help us find a solution for some digestive system issues he has been having for about 3 years. My son worked in the back country and although he was not specifically diagnosed with a waterborne illness such as giardia, it seemed he had most of the symptoms of giardia. The doctor prescribed the common medication, Flagell, to kill off bacteria in his digestive system. He then he was instructed to take probiotics to build back up his flora in his system. He also began taking daily essential enzymes as a digestive aid from a natural based company. He currently has bouts of inflammation and food passes through his system very quickly. I'm hoping you can provide references and suggestions for helping him. We would greatly appreciate it!
Margie

Austin

margieplant said:
Hi,
My name is Margie. I hear Dr. Peat on KMUD radio, in northern CA once a month on Fridays. I am 56 but I am really searching out some info for my son, who is 26. I'm hoping Dr. Peat can help us find a solution for some digestive system issues he has been having for about 3 years. My son worked in the back country and although he was not specifically diagnosed with a waterborne illness such as giardia, it seemed he had most of the symptoms of giardia. The doctor prescribed the common medication, Flagell, to kill off bacteria in his digestive system. He then he was instructed to take probiotics to build back up his flora in his system. He also began taking daily essential enzymes as a digestive aid from a natural based company. He currently has bouts of inflammation and food passes through his system very quickly. I'm hoping you can provide references and suggestions for helping him. We would greatly appreciate it!
Margie

Hi Margie,

I had similar issues 3-4 years ago, and thought I had giardia as well at first. There's a pretty simple test your son can take with a gastroenterologist that tests for giardia. Of course that test is about 60% accurate. I was tested 3 times and all 3 times the tests came back negative. Giardia symptoms really are the same symptoms as IBS-D and hundreds of other gut problems. That is of course what brought me to Dr. Peat's work. After a year of eating 60% Peat, most of my symptoms are gone minus a few lingering issues that seem to be improving. The gastroenterologists couldn't figure out what was wrong with me at the time after various tests and wasted money. It may be wise to seek their help first to rule out more serious issues like life threatening parasites and the like. If they can't fix the problem though, then the next step could be trying a Peat style diet.

Hope this helps.

yoloswag

I had giardia as per a stool test and used Flagyl to get rid of it. I wasn't eating Peat back then but I immediately felt better and could sleep without waking up. Flash forward 2 years later and I still have IBS-like symptoms (bloating, inflammation, constipation) but it is getting much better after a lot of fine tuning from my diet. I mostly eat fish, eggs, oxtail, shrimp, grapes, apricots, and maple syrup.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Margie and yoloswag, welcome to the forum. :welcome

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Help for my son Skin 9
A Please Help My 3 Year Old Son Who His Suffering From Epilepsy Mental Issues 35
Mito CDC investigating Virginia woman’s death in connection to possible side-effects from Johnson & Johnson vaccine Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
CreakyJoints Deer antler extract and possible applications for degenerative bone and joint disorders. Scientific Studies 10
Marine Is possible to have and mantain a. high sex drive everyday? Male Issues 29
SatoshiPufamoto Acid Reflux/Possible Hiatal Hernia Ask For Help or Advice 3
metabolizm Is zero starch only possible for milk drinkers? Ask For Help or Advice 37
Q Is Vitamin D induced serotonin syndrome possible? Please hear me out... Ask For Help or Advice 60
GorillaHead Enamel regeneration possible after all ? Oral Health 3
L Freezing Gait & Slow Movement (Possible Parkinson’s) My Dad is 55 Ask For Help or Advice 16
J The best possible toothpaste Oral Health 11
md_a Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines Scientific Studies 14
H Is it really possible to live without fear, indecision, self-doubt, regret, etc? Mental Issues 91
J Is it ever possible to 100% reverse a cavity? Oral Health 18
A Is Gum Rewgrowth Possible? Health 14
G Possible mold exposure - I need to sleep Ask For Help or Advice 13
Alex Jaramillo Possible testicular torsion Male Issues 2
C Is It Possible To Safely Raise My TSH? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Bogdar Low PTH, Low D, High Calcium - How Is It Possible? Blood Work, Labs 16
Starship Is It Possible To Keep Metabolism High And MTOR Low? Metabolism 2
BearWithMe How To Stop Inflammation Of The Nerves As Quickly As Possible Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Thoughts On PSSD And Possible Treatment Male Issues 4
Doludolu Teeth Enamel Worn Out. Why? Remineralization Possible? Oral Health 76
L Is Growing Taller As An Adult Possible? Male Issues 29
Velve921 What Are Things You Can Do Now That You Didn’t Believe Would Be Possible? Metabolism 1
Lamp Possible To Improve Hearing? Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 5
P Thyroid Woes, Possible Viral Infection/desperate For Guidance Ask For Help or Advice 6
L Possible Skin Cancer Help :/ Skin 6
ScurveDream DHEA Or Pregnenolone To Combat Possible Caffeine-induced Stress? Ask For Help or Advice 9
D Possible Constipation Male Issues 18
R Is It Possible To Regenerate Herniated Spinal Disc ? Ask For Help or Advice 6
D Possible Ways To Lower Serotonin In Young Children Autism 10
D Is It Possible For Gynecomastia Go Away IF You Got It After Puberty? Male Issues 20
ddjd Buying Steroids From China: Any Possible Way To Verify Quality? Ask For Help or Advice 14
J Is It Possible To Grow Bone Structure At The Age Of 21? Ask For Help or Advice 14
G Lab Test Shows HIGH Trans Fats But I Consume Zero Trans Fats. How Is This Possible? Blood Work, Labs 2
alywest Losartan As Anti-coagulant, Possible Explanation For Success In COVID Patients? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 1
F A Possible Solution To COVID-19 Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
dfspcc20 Possible Viral Symptoms? Maybe COVID-19? Symptoms, Causes 12
Mito SARS-COV-2 Infection: The Possible Preventative Role Of Methylene Blue Scientific Studies 38
Laurence Possible Inhibitors Of ACE2, The Receptor Of 2019-nCoV Scientific Studies 3
Mito Possible Biological Explanations For Kids’ Escape From COVID-19 Articles & Scientific Studies 0
N PCOS & Tumor On Thyroid - Possible Treatments Female Issues 6
BearWithMe Possible To Overtax The Pancreas / Liver / Digestive System By Too Much Sugar? Ask For Help or Advice 4
T Is It Possible To Heal Hypothyroidism Without Medicine? Thyroid and Hormones 35
C Is It Possible To Supplement Female Cat Hormones After Spaying? Animals 1
R Is It Possible To Restore DHEAs Levels? Ask For Help or Advice 19
UltraSuperior How Do I Get Ripped As Fast As Possible? Weight 40
L Possible (but Painful) Way To Get Around The Accumulating Birth Control In Water Toxins, Detoxification 2
J Need To Boost Metabolism High As Possible For A Test Metabolism 19