Something rather disgusting...

radix

I just tried to bomb a load of salt and it made me throw up.
That was at 8.10pm.

In the puke was a load of carrot that I ate at 2.45pm.

Is it normal for food to stay in the stomach that long?

Since then I ate a bowl of Ray Peat Potato Soup (I love that stuff!), a fair bit of milk and gelatin and a pint of freshly squeezed watermelon juice.
Does it mean that everything that I ate since then was still in there too? I did see white stuff and red stuff, but I had just eaten some milk and juice before attempting to jam down the salt.

I know that Ray said that you shouldn't eat raw carrot with other foods as you can't digest the other foods. This could mean that everything I eat after the raw carrot isn't being digested properly - maybe that's why I can't store glycogen and am waking up at 2.30am every night feeling all cortisoly.

Jenn

radix said:
I just tried to bomb a load of salt and it made me throw up.
That was at 8.10pm.

In the puke was a load of carrot that I ate at 2.45pm.

Is it normal for food to stay in the stomach that long?

Since then I ate a bowl of Ray Peat Potato Soup (I love that stuff!), a fair bit of milk and gelatin and a pint of freshly squeezed watermelon juice.
Does it mean that everything that I ate since then was still in there too? I did see white stuff and red stuff, but I had just eaten some milk and juice before attempting to jam down the salt.

I know that Ray said that you shouldn't eat raw carrot with other foods as you can't digest the other foods. This could mean that everything I eat after the raw carrot isn't being digested properly - maybe that's why I can't store glycogen and am waking up at 2.30am every night feeling all cortisoly.

Normal, yes, probably, but not good. You actually want your food to digest in an hour, 2 at the most. Yes, not digesting well means your adrenals are keeping your blood sugar up, not your food.

I recommend eating salt to taste. ;)

Rolan

Oh damn, I've been eating my raw carrot with scrambled eggs and helluva lot of salt. Maybe I should re-think and take the eggs out. Goes really well together :)

By bomb do you mean parachute AKA eat on it's own? Yeah, never do that again. Been there, done that. I wanted to die it was so bad. I'm not normally such a ***** I swear :lol:

OP
R

radix

Jenn,

I think that eating in this very specific way - all choices designed to perform a certain actions is in itself stressful - psychologically. I think that it tends to elicit stress reactions, especially combined with all the monitoring, planning and thinking about it. I know that I definitely feel and sleep better when I'm carefree, regardless of what I'm eating. All this tends to force the adrenals to do the work, rather than the food.

I wonder how many of my problems, and those of many on this forum could be solved by a good shrink, rather than a Peat diet? Hmmmmm.

Maybe I'll go on holiday rather than get those labs done.

Dan W

I agree, Radix, in a way. I think attitude is probably more important than just about any other health consideration.

In my case, I actually enjoy the experimentation and monitoring, and I'm not bothered by restricting foods (especially when getting the results I want). But other people might try those same techniques and feel miserable, negating any benefits they'd get from them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals