Something Different For The Forum

Inaut

I recently stumbled on to these videos randomly and developed a very profound interest in Ghost Towns.... Some of you may or may not appreciate this kind of stuff but it’s easy viewing for me. It’s nice to disconnect mentally sometimes....

Feel free to share other random things here. As much as there’s a ton of junk on the net these days, there’s some real gems we’d never know about without it....

Giraffe

I am fascinated by landscape restoration projects and related topics. Nature has an incredible ability to heal herself if you let her and work with her (and not against). It can take takes a huge effort to reverse vast destruction. However there are also lots of examples of people who singlehandedly have reversed desertification. There are villages that made themselves drought-prove by installing simple water harvesting structures (like swales and ponds). Some areas only need to be protected from being overgrazed. Yellowstone National Park completely changed after the wolves were reintroduced (linked here).

If you search "water harvesting" or "reforestation" or "regreening" you'll find many amazing videos. I am only going to link this one:

Tarmander

I watched a couple of this guy's videos on the Ghost town. They are very enjoyable. Love the scenery. I don't think he is getting enough calories given the elevation and amount of work he is putting in though.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Well I Got Some Good News And Something To Work With Now Male Issues 23
ursidae Is IgA Deficiency Something To Be Concerned About? Ask For Help or Advice 7
Vileplume If You Sleep Well After Eating Something, Can This Be Taken As A Sign Of Good Digestion? Digestion 2
Diokine Something Is Happening Mind, Sleep, Stress 0
Broken man Did Somebody Buy Something From Science.bio? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
L What Will You All Do If Something Happens To The Food Supply? Society 7
Galia Secondary Hypothyroidism Or Something Else ? Metabolism 0
Ptolemy Is This Something To Worry About? Study: Eggs Increase Oxidizability Of Human Plasma And Cholesterol Eggs 18
Vinny A Cry For Help: Uncontrollable Fat Gain. Something Is FUNDAMENTALLY Wrong :( Ask For Help or Advice 193
English Is My Hormone Results Something To Be Concerned About? High Prolactin? Blood Work, Labs 4
C Is Fish Something To Be Avoided Or Included? Diet 0
G Something To Keep In Mind About Peat And His Diet Diet 9
ScurveDream Pink Under Eye Coloring/bags. Allergies Or Something Else? Skin 0
R Silent Reflux, Blurry Vision, Slow Metabolism. Histamine Or Something Else? Ask For Help or Advice 4
T Regeneration Of The Kidneys - Something That Is Still Unresolved In Medicine Ask For Help or Advice 53
Rickyman Something Odd Is Happenings With Me. Help Please Ask For Help or Advice 10
GorillaHead Help Me Find Something To Induce Adipogensis ! Skin 3
ecstatichamster Something Amazing About "receptors" Thyroid and Hormones 0
Linbaba Is My Metabolism Fragile/unstable Or Is My Temps An Indicator Of Something Else? Metabolism 2
prider90 Anxiety Or Something Else? Mental Issues 35
Runenight201 I’m Sensitive To Something In Milk, And It Isn’t The Protein Milk 17
Ulysses I'm Sensitive To Something In Coffee, And It Isn't Caffeine Caffeine 36
ecstatichamster Post Your Experience OVER Doing Something That Seemed To Work At First Experiments 33
Light Ideas For Something To Put On Crackers? Recipes 27
camagunn Something Interesting I Noticed Hair & Nails 1
A Simple Syrup. Something Special Ask For Help or Advice 4
jamies33 Something Interesting I've Noticed About Peating To Fatloss Diet 42
T Did I Do Something Wrong With Enema? Ask For Help or Advice 11
Xisca Bacterias In The Nerve, Still Possible To Do Something? Oral Health 40
Elchapchapchapo Improving Focus - Need Something Besides Caffeine Ask For Help or Advice 10
L UNREAL SYMPTOMS; Accutane Side Effects Still The Culprit Of My Suffering? Or Is It Something Else? Ask For Help or Advice 28
Broken man Ginger/ Red Spots On My Beard. Could It Be Something With Copper? Hair & Nails 29
L Am I Missing Something In My Diet? Diet, Recipes 9
Elysium Something Fills Up My Bladder Several Times At Night Ask For Help or Advice 2
V Is Ray Peat Wrong On Starches Or I Am Missing Something? Digestion 60
MyUsernameHere I Messed Something Up - Eye Pressure And Pain Ask For Help or Advice 2
beachbum Tyw. Said Something That Makes Alot Of Sense! Diet 276
Jonah Something You Can Do Right Now (To Greatly Reduce Your Stress) Mind, Sleep, Stress 1
Amazoniac Public Utility: Searching For Something Specific On A Colossal Thread Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 6
Fame Trying To Understand Something About Sugar Digestion 6
scarlettsmum What Is Wrong With This Program? Or Am I Not Getting Something? Ask For Help or Advice 12
N Add Something To Milkshakes? Diet 2
Westside PUFAs The Pain May Not Stop After A Tooth Is Pulled, Something Really Bad. "Dry Socket. " The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
F Thyroid Dropping Temps - Lowering Of Stress Hormones Or Something Else? FredSonoma 3
bodacious Bioresonance—quackery Or Is There Something To It? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
I Anyone did 23andme? im searching for SNPs that have something to do with the following symptons Ask For Help or Advice 1
healthnatura Gripes - If You Don't Like Something I Want To Know! Reviews 16
milk_lover I drink this before I study something. My mind becomes clearer. Recipes 9
S Going Through Divorce, Depressed And Need To Do Something Ask For Help or Advice 40
Y Whenever I feel like I'm even remotely good at something... The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 8