Someone please help me with my dry mouth. I always have it and it gives me really bad breath. I've tried everything!

RealNeat

I have had the same issue for years. In my case, it is caused by poor digestion, chronic (silent) reflux. This is what is working very well for me now-

-3 Enzymes before every meal. I have tried many different types of enzymes. I will attach a photo of the only enzyme that works well for me. 1-2 enzymes doesn’t seem to help but 3 works miracles. Always take before meal.

-I was diagnosed with H Pylori after doing a GI Map Stool Test. I tested negative for H Pylori on a blood test, breath test, and then positive on the GI Map test. My doctor said the GI Map test is most comprehensive test. It tests for various probiotic levels and many gut bacterias.

I took antibiotics and a PPI a year ago for 10 days, to get rid of the H Pylori. I did very well for months after. In the last few months I started having the symptoms again. I tested again for H pylori and it had returned. Now I am treating everyone in my family and hoping to also treat my dogs, as H pylori is very contagious and can be passed around, through sharing drinks/saliva.
I’m back on antibiotics/PPI/Bismuth now for 10 days to treat the H Pylori.

-Like you, I’m very sensitive to dairy and nuts and I’m especially sensitive to chocolate. Chocolate is a killer for me. I’m able to drink coffee every other day.

-I have found that drinking lemon water with my meals also helps. I’m guessing it helps my digestion by increasing acid levels.

-Be sure to have a good solid bowel movement minimum once daily. Taking probiotics, enzymes and plenty of fiber/fruits can help with this.

-Most Supplements seem to flair my reflux so I don’t take many if any oral supplements. I’ve found vitamin patches and creams to work best for me.

- It may be wise to do a food sensitive test, such as the ALCAT test. It’s very likely that one or more of the foods you’re eating daily is aggravating your gut. I ate eggs daily for 20 years but seem to do better now, avoiding eggs.

-The best diet to keep my reflux in check is a high protein diet. I eat lean protein at every meal.

Feel free to message me if you have questions. Good luck with this! I know how frustrating it can be.
I would try aged Pau D Arco tea or extract for h pylori. Make sure it's authentic inner bark.

It has many other benefits besides h pylori. Antibacterial activity of Tabebuia impetiginosa Martius ex DC (Taheebo) against Helicobacter pylori - PubMed

@Jason_Stewartes try black seed (nigella sativa) on a spoon full of honey to see if that clears you up.

Negative Ion generators may be able to help (no or very low ozone)

Have you tried nasal dilators and mouth tape at the same time at night?

Garlic gives me dry mouth every time I eat it.

There is an herb that forces saliva flow, it's quite the thing, it's called Chilcuague, may be worth a try as a spray.

Also as others mentioned xylitol tooth adhering tabs may work, it's a bandaid but you may be able to set something in motion or preserve your breath and teeth until you resolve the issue.

Last edited:

LLight

"Acetylcholine released by the parasympathetic nervous system stimulates muscarinic
receptors and triggers the secretion of serous saliva."
Oral Dryness and Thirst
―The Central Effect of Acetylcholine on Drinking Behavior―

L_C

I have had the same issue for years. In my case, it is caused by poor digestion, chronic (silent) reflux. This is what is working very well for me now-

-3 Enzymes before every meal. I have tried many different types of enzymes. I will attach a photo of the only enzyme that works well for me. 1-2 enzymes doesn’t seem to help but 3 works miracles. Always take before meal.

-I was diagnosed with H Pylori after doing a GI Map Stool Test. I tested negative for H Pylori on a blood test, breath test, and then positive on the GI Map test. My doctor said the GI Map test is most comprehensive test. It tests for various probiotic levels and many gut bacterias.

I took antibiotics and a PPI a year ago for 10 days, to get rid of the H Pylori. I did very well for months after. In the last few months I started having the symptoms again. I tested again for H pylori and it had returned. Now I am treating everyone in my family and hoping to also treat my dogs, as H pylori is very contagious and can be passed around, through sharing drinks/saliva.

-Like you, I’m very sensitive to dairy and nuts and I’m especially sensitive to chocolate. Chocolate is a killer for me. I’m able to drink coffee every other day.

-I have found that drinking lemon water with my meals also helps. I’m guessing it helps my digestion by increasing acid levels.

-Be sure to have a good solid bowel movement minimum once daily. Taking probiotics, enzymes and plenty of fiber/fruits can help with this.

-Most Supplements seem to flair my reflux so I don’t take many if any oral supplements. I’ve found vitamin patches and creams to work best for me.

- It may be wise to do a food sensitive test, such as the ALCAT test. It’s very likely that one or more of the foods you’re eating daily is aggravating your gut. I ate eggs daily for 20 years but seem to do better now, avoiding eggs.

-The best diet to keep my reflux in check is a high protein diet. I eat lean protein at every meal.

Feel free to message me if you have questions. Good luck with this! I know how frustrating it can be.
What antibiotics did you try for H Pylori?

OP
J

Hey I've been taking the digest gold enzymes you recommended and so far they have helped keep my bowel movements consistent and solid without the sticky texture that it used to have. Now I clean very easily and my stool doesn't smell much anymore. Thank you so much for recommending it!! The enzymes have made my bathroom visits so much easier. However, I still have a dry mouth. I found out that if I take Vitamin B complex twice a day, my coated tongue goes away! However I still get a dry mouth. What worked for you? Should I up my intake of the Gold enzymes to more than 1 for my dry mouth to go away?

BigShoes

You may be eating too much meat and protein. I must qualify this by saying, I am by no means a vegetarian / vegan advocate:

When I was on the "carnivore diet", the more protein I ate, the more my lips became dry. The more water I drank just made it worse and worse. It took me a *long* time to make the connection about what was going on.

It is possible that you are unable to break down all of the protein that you are eating (you are having 3 meat dishes per day).

I also have the same problem as you, and was recommended digestive enzymes / possibly having too low stomach acid. I wonder if it might also be kidney related. Basically, a lot of water is being pulled from all over the body in order to digest and break down all of the protein. Whilst meat is obviously very good for you (I would say essential), I don't think we need more than c. 300g per day (60g complete animal), especially if we are also having eggs and gelatin.

To test this, I recommend doing a 2-3 days experiment with (comparatively) v. low protein, moderate fat, and high carb - and see what happens. The cleanest my tongue has ever been in recent memory was when I sat around for two or three days playing video games and eating almost nothing but Haribo gummies, drinking cola, a little ice cream and a small pack of tiger prawns (100g-150g of prawns = 20g-30g protein). I would not recommend this as a long term strategy (especially not the "sitting around playing video games" part), but it did make me realize that my high meat consumption may be more than my body could handle.

PeskyPeater

What I eat on a regular day:​

-Breakfast: 3 eggs with ground beef or beef salami and oatmeal a little later
-Lunch: Rice with chicken, beans, and a salad
-Dinner: Pasta with either ground beef or chicken
I have digestion problems with nuts and dairy
your way of eating sucked at that time :)

you should not eat much protein for breakfast, until you have carbs in your system.
beans are terrible they can irritate the gut and are estrogenic, the fiber is soluble and ferments in the gut.
salads ferment in the gut. only eat the functional fiber, as in raw carrot, cooked bamboo shoots, and wheatbran or oatbran in some greek yogurt or something to get that down.
stay away from meals high in wheat, unless its sourdough bread.
try to get 2-3grams of calcium in your diet with dairy you are able to handle, else add calciumchloride or -carbonate supplements.

Now, do you drink coffee?

Inaut

Try a little malic acid. It is said to help with dry mouth and I can confirm it makes my mouth water

OP
J
your way of eating sucked at that time :)

you should not eat much protein for breakfast, until you have carbs in your system.
beans are terrible they can irritate the gut and are estrogenic, the fiber is soluble and ferments in the gut.
salads ferment in the gut. only eat the functional fiber, as in raw carrot, cooked bamboo shoots, and wheatbran or oatbran in some greek yogurt or something to get that down.
stay away from meals high in wheat, unless its sourdough bread.
try to get 2-3grams of calcium in your diet with dairy you are able to handle, else add calciumchloride or -carbonate supplements.

Now, do you drink coffee?
Thanks for the helpful advice, yeah I noticed I don't handle beans well. I stopped having salads too as they weren't helping with anything. I can't do coffee anymore, it gives me an unpleasant feeling in the stomach, starts making noise and I almost feel like having to use the bathroom.

OP
J
Stop working out, stop all supplements, stop obsessing over meaningless numbers and start following your cravings
I honestly don't crave much, but I remember I used to eat a lot of sugary foods back before all this started. I've been on a sugar free diet for the past 5 years now however the dry mouth is getting worse and worse.

OP
J
You may be eating too much meat and protein. I must qualify this by saying, I am by no means a vegetarian / vegan advocate:

When I was on the "carnivore diet", the more protein I ate, the more my lips became dry. The more water I drank just made it worse and worse. It took me a *long* time to make the connection about what was going on.

It is possible that you are unable to break down all of the protein that you are eating (you are having 3 meat dishes per day).

I also have the same problem as you, and was recommended digestive enzymes / possibly having too low stomach acid. I wonder if it might also be kidney related. Basically, a lot of water is being pulled from all over the body in order to digest and break down all of the protein. Whilst meat is obviously very good for you (I would say essential), I don't think we need more than c. 300g per day (60g complete animal), especially if we are also having eggs and gelatin.

To test this, I recommend doing a 2-3 days experiment with (comparatively) v. low protein, moderate fat, and high carb - and see what happens. The cleanest my tongue has ever been in recent memory was when I sat around for two or three days playing video games and eating almost nothing but Haribo gummies, drinking cola, a little ice cream and a small pack of tiger prawns (100g-150g of prawns = 20g-30g protein). I would not recommend this as a long term strategy (especially not the "sitting around playing video games" part), but it did make me realize that my high meat consumption may be more than my body could handle.
Hey thanks for the help, that makes sense! I do remember there being some days where I didn't eat much and my mouth would start to water. I do workout every day and so that's why I try to eat a lot of protein, but I will try this out. Thank you!

Vileplume

It could be worth a two-week stint of no workouts, to see what happens. Maybe your daily exercise is keeping your nervous system in a sympathetic state, related to what @LLight posted.

I also have been a chronic exerciser, and I have dealt with bad digestive issues and a coated white tongue. When I go a few days without exercise, my tongue clears up.

OP
J
It could be worth a two-week stint of no workouts, to see what happens. Maybe your daily exercise is keeping your nervous system in a sympathetic state, related to what @LLight posted.

I also have been a chronic exerciser, and I have dealt with bad digestive issues and a coated white tongue. When I go a few days without exercise, my tongue clears up.
Now that you have mentioned it, I realize that every time I don't workout for a few days, my tongue does go pink. You're definitely on to something. So then how does one get out of a sympathetic state but also exercise at the same time?

Waynish

Coated tongue. Go to a TCM. Lookup which foods are pro-spleen and stop eating damp foods. Yes that includes stuff like milk and honey until your system improves.

PeskyPeater

@Jason_Stewartes yw, thanks for your reaction.

bummer that you have such bad reaction to coffee, I think I see why.
the cafeic acid affects the cholinergic activity negatively. The cafeine itself as a xanthine increases the activity of cholinergic system by inhibiting the adenosine a1.
So I suggest to try cocoa instead of coffee, the theobromine (xanthine) should help to potentiate cholinergic transmission and improve dry mouth.

VonKeister

I honestly don't crave much, but I remember I used to eat a lot of sugary foods back before all this started. I've been on a sugar free diet for the past 5 years now however the dry mouth is getting worse and worse.
Low carbers often complain of having dry and odorous mouths. Starches (potatoes, rice, bread noodles,..) and spicy peppers have been very good at increasing saliva flow in my experience. Coconut and olive oil are good at killing off mouth bacteria (and intestinal to some extent). It's best when you combine them in a meal rather than treating them as supplements. Also, try to eat enough calories, maybe that's your issue.

redpanda

Things I have tried that didn't work:

- Supplemented on Vitamin B2 (100 MG), B3 (500 MG as Niacinamide), B6 (50 MG as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate), B9 (1 MG), B12 (1000mcg as Methylcobalamin) for a month
- Supplemented on Zinc for a month
- Took Zypan Betaine HCL and Apple Cidar Vinegar pills after meals
- Took 10,000 IU of Vitamin D-3 per day for a month
- (4 hour gap between dinner and sleep) Ate dinner around 8-9 PM and slept around 1-2 AM
- Salads containing Spinach, Kale, Carrots, and Cucumbers every night before dinner.
- 2 servings of fruit per day
- Chewed my food properly
- Inclined Pillow
- Antibacterial mouthwash given by dentist
- Nystatin
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Many different strains of probiotics in the billions
- Not drinking water for at least 30 minutes after meals
- Flossing and brushing every day of course
- Drink lots of water

What I eat on a regular day:​

-Breakfast: 3 eggs with ground beef or beef salami and oatmeal a little later
-Lunch: Rice with chicken, beans, and a salad
-Dinner: Pasta with either ground beef or chicken
I have digestion problems with nuts and dairy

Me:​

- Age 23
- Gender - Male
- Height - 6'2
- Weight - 155 lbs
I workout everyday

View attachment 42391

A few months ago, my dry mouth went away completely for 3-4 days and I was super excited. Unfortunately it came back and I don't know what caused it. I was eating the exact same things. All I remember was that I hadn't eaten for 8 hours straight and then I started drinking some water. All of a sudden I started salivating more and more and my white tongue cleared up in a day.
Maybe low cortisol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals