Someone Experienced Energy From Glycine?

Experienced Energy From Glycine

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

-Luke-

I took pure glycine for some time because it improves sleep for some people. When I took it I felt more relaxed and calm, but at the same time it worsened my insomnia. We're talking about 1-3g before bed. Didn't have any problems when I took it in the morning or with lunch, though.

So yes, I guess I experienced a relaxed and calm state of energy, but at the expense of my sleep.

I also experienced insomnia with taurine and magnesium if taken too close to sleeping time. Funny how some things have the exact opposite effect for some people than for other people.

Dr. B

I took pure glycine for some time because it improves sleep for some people. When I took it I felt more relaxed and calm, but at the same time it worsened my insomnia. We're talking about 1-3g before bed. Didn't have any problems when I took it in the morning or with lunch, though.

So yes, I guess I experienced a relaxed and calm state of energy, but at the expense of my sleep.

I also experienced insomnia with taurine and magnesium if taken too close to sleeping time. Funny how some things have the exact opposite effect for some people than for other people.
glycinate caused insomnia for me, worsened sleep quality
magnesium aspartate actually seemed to help a lot with deep sleep , staying asleep
it wasnt sedative, but it had no effect or even helped to relax
i tried both magnesium aspartate, as well as zma which had 3.5mg b6, 10mg zinc aspartate and mono L methionine and 150mg magnesium aspartate. both helped stay asleep through the night, and didnt have the glycinate issues
im not sure how glycine powder is made? I wonder if the sourcing for aspartate is safer than glycinate even though the glycine amino acid is preferable...?
i cant remember what happened with magnesium malate but it irritated my stomach, caused some stomach pain, apparently malic acid is even more acidic lower ph than citric acid...

fr@

Super thanks, all clear to me now.
hes okay with many vitamins and amino acid supplements but doesnt think they should be used as nutrients, only on a temporary basis, where the drug like effects benefits outweigh side effects. He doesnt recommend using taurine as a supplement unless its temporary to help fix a problem. I havent asked him about glycine. and he seems much more wary of supplementing minerals than the vitamins... i dont think he likes supplementing any minerals besides selenium/zinc/copper and only if theres an issue that they can help.
Thanks as well, now that you've mentioned Ray doesn't recommend Taurine as a supplement unless it's temporary...
I've now decided to stop Taurine supplementation and then see how it goes.
'Cause I've been supplementing it regularly for I don't know how long now, maybe close to a year; and lately I've been getting weird symptoms (like nausea).
But I'll have to see it for myself once I've stopped taking it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals