Someone Experienced Energy From Glycine?

Experienced Energy From Glycine

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

berk

i wondering if glycine users here have experienced that they got direct energy after taking glycine.

Last edited:

Auslander

I take 5 grams of glycine in the morning with 5 grams of taurine and 5 grams of creatine. I also take 60 grams of collagen spread throughout the day. That’s a lot of glycine.

I feel nothing but an incredible happiness from being 44 and healthy, slim and reasonably good looking.

I’m pretty sure it’s not just glycine, but very possibly glycine is a tiny part of a much bigger and far more intricate picture. Personally I don’t get people thinking they’ll take one measly ultraprimitive chemical compound and expect some of their physical attributes or their whole life to turn 180. It doesn’t work like that, I’d say physiology is far more complex than that.

Last edited:

Kunstruct

I take 5 grams of glycine in the morning with 5 grams of taurine and 5 grams of creatine. I also take 60 grams of collagen spread throughout the day. That’s a lot of glycine.

That is a lot of any of those, if I take that much Glycine alone (5grams) or Taurine (5grams) I just become dormant and drained of all energy.
But I might reach that point one day, who knows there have been times when I did not tolerate something than after some time all of the sudden is not a problem anymore.

Last edited:

Auslander

That is a lot of any of those, if I take that much Glycine alone (5grams) or Taurine (5grams) I just become dormant and drained of all energy.
But I might reach that point one day, who knows there have been times when I did not tolerate something than after some time all of the sudden is not a problem anymore.

I honestly find it fascinating that something that has no discernible effect on me is capable of draining someone else. I mean what gives??

Auslander

Actually I have Hashi. High antibodies, USG confirmed, although TSH is about 2, and T4 is perfectly within the range. No thyroid supplementation of any kind.

OP
berk

berk

I don’t get people thinking they’ll take one measly ultraprimitive chemical compound and expect some of their physical attributes or their whole life to turn 180. It doesn’t work like that, I’d say physiology is far more complex than that.
Well i notice some of this 180 effect.
i was taking 1-2 grams glycine with apples and had a huge increase of energy thats doenst apples alone never gives to me.
Also the incredible happiness, but thats always hand in hand with energy.
Glycine alone doesn't gives these effects and apples alone either.
I think that glycine +apples makes me warmer and turns on my appetite.

i read somewhere that glycine helps to regulate blood sugar levels and move blood sugar to cells and tissues throughout the body, to be consumed as energy.
Maybe this is happening..
Sad enough, the effects never takes long, maybe i must increase the dosage

redsun

Well i notice some of this 180 effect.
i was taking 1-2 grams glycine with apples and had a huge increase of energy thats doenst apples alone never gives to me.
Also the incredible happiness, but thats always hand in hand with energy.
Glycine alone doesn't gives these effects and apples alone either.
I think that glycine +apples makes me warmer and turns on my appetite.

i read somewhere that glycine helps to regulate blood sugar levels and move blood sugar to cells and tissues throughout the body, to be consumed as energy.
Maybe this is happening..
Sad enough, the effects never takes long, maybe i must increase the dosage

Glycine is a co-agonist of the NMDA receptor so that's likely part of its energy increasing effects.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States

Glycine powerfully lowers cortisol so that could explain. On carnivore glycine made me very sleepy and lethargic as you said (although pleasantly so), now it gives me a rush of energy unless I take it around bed time. I'll take around 10-30 grams most days and consider it food rather than supplement

japanesedude

Glycine is so strong.It sedates me too much even under 1g dose taken with 100mg caffeine pill.

Dr. B

oh yeah glycine sometimes gives me sleep paralysis if I take too much while having poor sleep hygiene.
what do you mean by poor sleep hygiene

I feel nothing but an incredible happiness from being 44 and healthy, slim and reasonably good looking.

I’m pretty sure it’s not just glycine, but very possibly glycine is a tiny part of a much bigger and far more intricate picture. Personally I don’t get people thinking they’ll take one measly ultraprimitive chemical compound and expect some of their physical attributes or their whole life to turn 180. It doesn’t work like that, I’d say physiology is far more complex than that.

but singular compounds can completely destroy you, if its certain hormones or minerals or vitamins used improperly, so potentially, maybe for some people singular compounds could also completely turn things around

drop67

what do you mean by poor sleep hygiene

but singular compounds can completely destroy you, if its certain hormones or minerals or vitamins used improperly, so potentially, maybe for some people singular compounds could also completely turn things around
like sleep in a poor position, prolonged phone use In bed, stuff that hinders quality sleep. glycine is known for being the neurotransmitter that keeps u in a paralysed state while dreaming to stop you from reenacting your dreams so if your woken up at the wrong time it can cause mild sleep paralysis <10 secs.

fr@

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that it's actually true based on my experience on supplementing Glycine ('cause Ray Peat isn't a fan of Isolated Aminos).
Actually, I started having some sort of Nerve Pain at the back of my head (close to my Right Ear) around 2019.
'Cause I've been supplementing Glycine consistently late 2018, and started to associate that feeling to some sort of Nerve Cancer, 'cause my dad passed away from such.

As with my recent observations ('cause I still have quite a lot Glycine stocked at my place), every time I take it I get somewhat irritable later in the day.
And if I continue taking it (ie. 2 days straight) I start to feel a faint sensation of that Suspecting Never Cancer at the back of my head.

And if you look at studies that's related to Glycine and Cancer, it just kind of makes sense to me (though I don't have the competency to argue with the data presented).
I'm also about to observe if I would really get the same issues if I consume Bone Broth, 'cause I've decided to eat Knee Caps (w/ lots Cartilages) a couple of weeks ago.
And started to feel that same sensation again... but I still have to confirm though w/ Bone Broth (which will be stored in an ice tray; then consume 1 cube per meal).

Mossy

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that it's actually true based on my experience on supplementing Glycine ('cause Ray Peat isn't a fan of Isolated Aminos).
He seems to be ok with Glycine:

“I don’t think it’s very safe to use individual amino acids, glycine is the only one I know of that is safe by itself because it can be used as energy”
—RP

But, if it makes you feel bad, it would make sense not to take it in my opinion.

fr@

Ah, so Glycine is the only Individual Amino Acid that Ray Peat is in approve of.

Thanks, will keep an eye on it -- maybe mine's just an auto-immune condition to somethings that I'm not yet so clear about.

Ah, so Glycine is the only Individual Amino Acid that Ray Peat is in approve of.

Thanks, will keep an eye on it -- maybe mine's just an auto-immune condition to somethings that I'm not yet so clear about.

Screenshot_20210919-223605_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Dr. B

hes okay with many vitamins and amino acid supplements but doesnt think they should be used as nutrients, only on a temporary basis, where the drug like effects benefits outweigh side effects. He doesnt recommend using taurine as a supplement unless its temporary to help fix a problem. I havent asked him about glycine. and he seems much more wary of supplementing minerals than the vitamins... i dont think he likes supplementing any minerals besides selenium/zinc/copper and only if theres an issue that they can help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals