Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

TheSir

what i do know is tendon tissue usually have awful blood flow
Yes exactly. The reason for further reduction in blood flow here can be either mechanical or metabolical. It's important to figure out which one you have in order to properly address the problem.

There is a discord group dedicated to the "scalp tension theory". People have been massaging, loosening their scalps for months and some even for years without major success. I'm not denying it doesn't contribute to the whole MPB cascade, but fixing it definitely doesn't cause regrowth.
Not surprising. Attacking fibrosis is unlikely to achieve much without addressing simultaneously addressing the underlying cause. Though when this cause is addressed simultaneously, scalp massage speeds up the process.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Okay so earlier I posted photo of that dude with the super weird head after steroids maybe hgh idk. But I looked him up and I found more recent photos and his skull looks nothing like that in the after photo in fact if we compare the before to these photos I am posting now his skull doesn’t look much different. How bizarre. also another thing to note is the fact his eyebrows sit up higher now. Over active muscles ? Back skull muscles pulling on his face?

Attachments

• D454BE4D-45FD-4536-B4C4-C9EFB8DEB6FE.jpeg
    D454BE4D-45FD-4536-B4C4-C9EFB8DEB6FE.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 6E4E8739-3791-4ABC-BAEA-26103738FEE3.jpeg
    6E4E8739-3791-4ABC-BAEA-26103738FEE3.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 141

Zigzag

Okay so earlier I posted photo of that dude with the super weird head after steroids maybe high idk. But I looked him up and I found more recent photos and his skull looks nothing like that in the after photo in fact if we compare the before to these photos I am posting now his skull doesn’t look much different. How bizarre. also another thing to note is the fact his eyebrows sit up higher now. Over active muscles ? Back skull muscles pulling on his face?
adobe photoshop skull gains lol.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

adobe photoshop skull gains lol.
Right lol it’s bizarre. But either way I couldn’t find any literature that shows androgens result in anything but facial cranio changes. Nothing about above the skull or back. I mean what if people’s heads appear to get bigger due to increased calcification. Thinning of the skin and the lack of hair.

I don’t want to believe this theory at all. I have sound reasons not to believe it but there’s also this preponderance that there is something to it. Could be the muscles.

If skull expansion does happen it’s probably an effect not a cause. I mean hgh levels drop off significantly after 30 I don’t see how the skull could expand. There are 18 year old balding too like it’s crazy.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Indeed and it's been only getting worse.
YA unfortunately. I have been studying scleroderma and frontal fibrosing alopecia lately.

They seem to link FFA to an allergy to components on sun screen. Heavy metals. I mean with MPB the histamine aspect can’t be ruled out at all. The inflammatory factor may very well be increased oxidization and damage but the response to fibrosis immediately is rather odd.

None the less a strong aloe Vera gel applied topically daily should theoretically blunt mast cell release.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

@TheSir

What u think of this article.
They stretched this mans sclap skin and that scalp skin maintained his hair and they stretched over the front of his head and they claim he will never lose that hair cause its not apart of the mpb sensitive area. Now whether i beleive he will never lose hair is one thing but here they Literaly talk about how tissue expands under stretching forces. Not become fibrosis.
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: Man's head expanded like BALLOON for surgery

TheSir

@TheSir

What u think of this article.
They stretched this mans sclap skin and that scalp skin maintained his hair and they stretched over the front of his head and they claim he will never lose that hair cause its not apart of the mpb sensitive area. Now whether i beleive he will never lose hair is one thing but here they Literaly talk about how tissue expands under stretching forces. Not become fibrosis.
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: Man's head expanded like BALLOON for surgery
Interesting. Hard to say without knowing the details of the surgery, i.e. was it just the superficial skin or all the layers of the scalp that were stretched together?

tallglass13

What’s everyone think about these photos. I am unsure how genuine they are but they are interesting. They are photos comparing before and after steroid use.
One is during and after.

The photo of the man before and after steroids is interesting because the back of his skull grew like crazy. Like what happened there anyone care to explain.

the second photo is also interesting the man is clearly on steroids with zero recession and then boom off steroids lost all his muscle and full on norwoods
the photo of Dorian Yates was first one in his 20's , second photo in his 50's. He still has full head of hair with slight recession. But his skull remained small, that why I believe he kept his hair. the first section of photos is a man with obvious skull expansion and tightness.

CLASH

Prevention by calciphylaxis of the progeria-like syndrome induced by chronic dihydrotachysterol overdosage. - PubMed - NCBI

Calciphylaxis enables the organism to deposit calcium selectively in certain areas. Thus, following pretreatment with parathyroid hormone or dihydrotachysterol (DHT), various calciphylactic challengers (egg white, metals, serotonin, etc.) can induce selective calcification-often with inflammation, sclerosis, necrosis or degenerationin the skin, muscles, cardiovascular system, pancreas, salivary glands, or uterus.”

Thats not the DHT your thinking of lol.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Interesting. Hard to say without knowing the details of the surgery, i.e. was it just the superficial skin or all the layers of the scalp that were stretched together?
@TheSir
what are your thoughts on retrograde alopecia. It’s not complete loss but thinning in the areas where there is tendon tissue on the skull besides the gales. I wonder if hairloss is related to synnovial fluid. There are veins that go from the galea to the skin of the scalp.

I believe your skull size will determine how large your forehead will be but I still believe norwooding is different. Mature hairline vs balding. I used to think they were the same.

the thing is as your head gets bigger the area of hair you have will clearly cover less. But the loss that occurs over time resulting in Norwood patterns this must be another issue.

mangoes

No, it isn’t. I’m pretty sure he’s referring to a widows peak as a “mature hairline” which refers to a hairline in the shape of a V rather than a straight line. Some people have this widows peak just naturally and not because of recession. It can be easy to conflate the two

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

No, it isn’t. I’m pretty sure he’s referring to a widows peak as a “mature hairline” which refers to a hairline in the shape of a V rather than a straight line. Some people have this widows peak just naturally and not because of recession. It can be easy to conflate the two
Yes this. Of course if u search mature hairline on google most of the photos are of people balding but mature hairline can be seen as early in pubertal boys and even women.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

• Dr. Frederick Hoelzel of Chicago reported the observations he made in 1916-17 while he served as a technician in gross anatomy at the College of Medicine of the University of Illinois. During that time, he removed the brains of around 80 cadavers and noticed an obvious relation between the blood vessel supply to the scalp and the quantity of hair: “baldness occurred in people where calcification of the skull bones apparently not only firmly knitted the cranial sutures but also closed or narrowed various small foramens through which blood vessels pass“. He thought this would also explain why men suffer baldness more than women, since bone growth or calcification is generally greater in males than females [28].

Not my words. But this has always resonated with me ultimately calcification is the cause but the causes are numerous and whether it’s related to tension I am unsure but I have often noticed that men who bald their eye brows sit up higher. This can only happen from two causes in my opinion the rear occipital muscles shorten due to lack of use. So they pull on the eyes. Take your hand put it being ur head and pull on the down on the occipital and your eye brows go up.

And the muscle itself causes changes to the tendons or inflammation and hairloss. I think it would be ideal to constantly pull on this muscle back and forth in order to loose it ?

this would be different than scalp massage. Scalp massages seem to be focused on the actual skin

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I always thought that hypoxia caused DHT to upregulate but after reading what information was posted on this hair forum i am so confused Blocking arteries near scalp regrows hair

if reducing bloodflow reduced hairloss. One would assume that less androgens made it to the scalp so less hair fall.

but then that would mean hypoxia is not the cause of hairloss. Afterall loreal did patent a substance that was suppose to mimic hypoxia to grow hair.

whats going on here!?

Zigzag

The whole point of massaging and needling is to boost the blood flow. Damn, so much contradicting info.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

The whole point of massaging and needling is to boost the blood flow. Damn, so much contradicting info.

its one massive paradox. All we know for sure is there is calcification and there is fibrosis eventually. We know the body signals the hairs to die.

i wish we had more geniuses on this forum. If i was a professor at Stanford id dedicate an entire program on balding and cure it with my students lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals