Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

This study right here tells me it all has to do with fat!

Diets Rich in Saturated and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Induce Morphological Alterations in the Rat Ventral Prostate

people who bald. They have high sensitivities to pufa.

what if the cause or balding is super high pge2 which is then blocked and down-regulated with high pgd2.

theres a study on ulcerative colitis patients, three groups. One group normal healthy people. Second group remission UC patients. And the other active UC.

they found that only the second group had high pgd2 and crth2 receptors.

If you know what UC is. In UC people often bleed from their gut. Massive dilation. Pgd constricts. A method to counteracting the bleeding could be PGD2 itself. The bodies response.

Broken man

This study right here tells me it all has to do with fat!

Diets Rich in Saturated and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Induce Morphological Alterations in the Rat Ventral Prostate

people who bald. They have high sensitivities to pufa.

what if the cause or balding is super high pge2 which is then blocked and down-regulated with high pgd2.

theres a study on ulcerative colitis patients, three groups. One group normal healthy people. Second group remission UC patients. And the other active UC.

they found that only the second group had high pgd2 and crth2 receptors.

If you know what UC is. In UC people often bleed from their gut. Massive dilation. Pgd constricts. A method to counteracting the bleeding could be PGD2 itself. The bodies response.
You can take benfotiamine to block increase in prostaglandins.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Something just clicked in my head and it’s something I believe may be true. Pge2 is known to age skin when it’s hyper expressed. What if fatty acids cause hairloss in men and cellulite in women. Men express high pgd2 a downstream of high local dht. Women express high pge2 a downstream of high local estrogen.

Summer

Okay I’m 90% convinced bad posture is the cause of my hair loss. I’ve got what I like to call gameboy posture. Forward head posture combined with rounded shoulders which is a result of me hunched over playing my gameboy as a child. I am constantly clenching my teeth. I wake up clenching my teeth. Today I’ve made a point of correcting my posture, but I know I’m doing something wrong because it’s causing back pain and I can feel the tension on my scalp which is resulting in increased itch and hair fall.

On one hand I’m happy to finally have a significant clue as to what was causing receding hairline and miniaturization. On the other I’m discouraged because my posture is so bad that I’m not sure that I can fix it on my own.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Okay I’m 90% convinced bad posture is the cause of my hair loss. I’ve got what I like to call gameboy posture. Forward head posture combined with rounded shoulders which is a result of me hunched over playing my gameboy as a child. I am constantly clenching my teeth. I wake up clenching my teeth. Today I’ve made a point of correcting my posture, but I know I’m doing something wrong because it’s causing back pain and I can feel the tension on my scalp which is resulting in increased itch and hair fall.

On one hand I’m happy to finally have a significant clue as to what was causing receding hairline and miniaturization. On the other I’m discouraged because my posture is so bad that I’m not sure that I can fix it on my own.

If its posture then why do women not experience this issue ?

GreekDemiGod

@GorillaHead I think bad posture during developmental years leads to craniophacial distrophy. Women / girls generally have a better posture, they are thought from a young age to 'stand straight with the chest showing', to look more beautiful. This leads to better maxilla / cranium development (forward growth)

Summer

If its posture then why do women not experience this issue ?

GreekDemiGod has a good point. The few women that I have seen with obvious forward head posture didn't have great hair.

This is taken from a study posted in the other hair loss thread, posted by @md_a: A hypothetical pathogenesis model for androgenic alopecia: clarifying the dihydrotestosterone paradox and rate-limiting recovery factors - ScienceDirect

"(1) chronic scalp tension transmitted from the galea aponeurotica induces an inflammatory response in androgenic alopecia-prone tissues; (2) dihydrotestosterone increases in androgenic alopecia-prone tissues as part of this inflammatory response; and (3) dihydrotestosterone does not directly miniaturize hair follicles. Rather, dihydrotestosterone is a co-mediator of tissue dermal sheath thickening, perifollicular fibrosis, and calcification – three chronic, progressive conditions concomitant with androgenic alopecia progression. These conditions remodel androgenic alopecia-prone tissues – restricting follicle growth space, oxygen, and nutrient supply – leading to the slow, persistent hair follicle miniaturization characterized in androgenic alopecia."

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

When tendons do stretch they swell. Why doesnt that happen in the scalp? Or does it and that swelling is really low causing hypoxic environment leading to inflammation.
Posture for hair its hard to say for sure. Kelly slater lost his hair and he has great form.

Summer

When tendons do stretch they swell. Why doesnt that happen in the scalp? Or does it and that swelling is really low causing hypoxic environment leading to inflammation.
Posture for hair its hard to say for sure. Kelly slater lost his hair and he has great form.

Well in Kelly's case, the tension might be caused by skull shape rather than posture.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Well in Kelly's case, the tension might be caused by skull shape rather than posture.
I really dont think the skull would grow without the tendons to compensate in appropriate growth without hurting other components of the body.

thats like an autoimmune disease. Body's normal growth leads to damage of the body?

also men who take transgender meds sometimes grow back their entire hair highly doubt the postures changed suddenly so well. Also old age women should start losing their hair

Summer

I really dont think the skull would grow without the tendons to compensate in appropriate growth without hurting other components of the body.

thats like an autoimmune disease. Body's normal growth leads to damage of the body?

also men who take transgender meds sometimes grow back their entire hair highly doubt the postures changed suddenly so well. Also old age women should start losing their hair

I guess you can look at hair loss as damage of the body, but there are more extreme examples of the body compromising one part of itself to benefit another. Plus we have no idea what factors went into someone's upbringing. Diet, lifestyle, habits, etc all can affect the way the body forms starting at a young age.

Old age women often do start losing their hair. Men who chemically castrate themselves probably regrow hair because they're essentially ridding their body of inflammatory androgens.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Well if it is posture. Whats the correcr posture. Cant hurt to implement

However the fact i personally have thinned in the back and even the nape. Its hard for me to see posture or any mechanical concept being attributable here.

Summer

Well if it is posture. Whats the correcr posture. Cant hurt to implement

However the fact i personally have thinned in the back and even the nape. Its hard for me to see posture or any mechanical concept being attributable here.

Are you experiencing miniaturization? I don't think scalp tension accounts for all types of hair loss.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

There us one piece of personal evidence that would support a tension theory. I sometimes experience burning and or tender sensations on my scalp.

i thought about it. Tendon injuries can manifest just like that burning pain without visible swelling.

hey if its as simple as massaging and posture i am all for it

Scenes

Are you guys sure that saturated fats make you super warm hands/feet? I’m having almost the opposite experience. Are you eating any pufas as well?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Are you guys sure that saturated fats make you super warm hands/feet? I’m having almost the opposite experience. Are you eating any pufas as well?

i feel i am. Then again could be placebo. I read two-three anecdotes that a stearic acid diet made them warm. I read sugar made people cold. And i read that ALA made someone warm on reddit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals