Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

Inaut

aspirin/coffee(caffeine) for the win if its the iron thing as many including @lampofred has been saying for a while???? salicylic acid and caffeine in soap or shampoo daily

homyak

aspirin/coffee(caffeine) for the win if its the iron thing as many including @lampofred has been saying for a while???? salicylic acid and caffeine in soap or shampoo daily

But that probably won't be enough to break up the calcification/fibrosis on the skull. Probably add in some type of scalp massage therapy for 5-10 minutes a day. In any case, I am going to try doxycycline for a few months, aspirin, p5p and black tea daily w/scalp massage.

Inaut

But that probably won't be enough to break up the calcification/fibrosis on the skull. Probably add in some type of scalp massage therapy for 5-10 minutes a day. In any case, I am going to try doxycycline for a few months, aspirin, p5p and black tea daily w/scalp massage.

red/infrared lights then too? thats what im using

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Came across this a few days ago, may shed light on your new found understanding. From what I gather, he did not experience massive hair growth until he got his iron levels in check. Apparently iron massively raises oxidative stress, which itself has been linked to androgenic alopecia.

How I started reversing Male Pattern Baldness naturally ? – Regrow Your Hair Naturally

That blog post will also lead you to Morley Robbins on how detrimental iron overload is to metabolic health.

Interestingly, I have come across a few members' posts here stating that they experienced huge energy and mood benefits when they lowered their iron levels significantly.

Doxycycline is a known chelator of iron. Seems that humble antibiotic has many benefits to metabolic health.

I heard inositol can reduce iron too. Doxy isnt super easy to get a hold of here.

Someone here told me that the iron levels in babies is why they have male pattern baldness pattern but babies dont have scalp fibrosis. Maybe its because they dont have prolonged iron levels? Or the lack of dht to actually cause the fibrosis?

One other reason i am starting to point to metals as the cause of follicular inflammation is due to Frontal fibrosing alopecia. Which displays itself almost just like MPB without the pattern.

numerous cases have been reported that sunscreen could cause it. Then i read a case about a women who stopped using sunscreen and hair came back! Spirolactone. Glucocorticoids and anti dht couldnt solve her problem. To this day they havent been able to identify the actual substance in sunscreen.

one theory was we need UV but the better one was the fact sunscreen has so many heavy metals in it and even titanium. Hair probably sucks in metals like i wouldnt be surprised if all the toxic metals in our body tend to shootup to our scalp. Doxycycline has also been shown to help people with frontal fibrosing alopecia

Selenium. Iron. Zinc just some of the metals that really work for hair development. Hair loves metal. And maybe some of that metal is bad

I think metal has something to do with it but i dont think its iron. In iron overload darkening of the skin occurs Weight loss and fatigue increased hair loss isnt off the labeled symptoms

Last edited:

homyak

I heard inositol can reduce iron too. Doxy isnt super easy to get a hold of here.

Someone here told me that the iron levels in babies is why they have male pattern baldness pattern but babies dont have scalp fibrosis. Maybe its because they dont have prolonged iron levels? Or the lack of dht to actually cause the fibrosis?

I am really starting to think this may be the cause for my hair loss. Whenever I eat a lot of enriched flour bread, pasta, or pizza, not only does my energy and mood become horrible but my hair almost immediately starts thinning and falling out. It takes me a few days to recover from a simple bowl of cereal. I have already been using 1-2g of aspirin daily for a few months, but it doesn't seem like it is enough to break up the scalp fibrosis/calcification. Plus, I think it has contributed to 10-15lbs of additional fat. Im going to do blood donations, 500mg of aspirin, 100mg of doxycycline, 50mg of p5p, 1-2 doses of magnoil, eat a peaty diet, scalp massages and red light (as @Inaut suggested) daily. This iron thing is starting to make sense for me.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I am really starting to think this may be the cause for my hair loss. Whenever I eat a lot of enriched flour bread, pasta, or pizza, not only does my energy and mood become horrible but my hair almost immediately starts thinning and falling out. It takes me a few days to recover from a simple bowl of cereal. I have already been using 1-2g of aspirin daily for a few months, but it doesn't seem like it is enough to break up the scalp fibrosis/calcification. Plus, I think it has contributed to 10-15lbs of additional fat. Im going to do blood donations, 500mg of aspirin, 100mg of doxycycline, 50mg of p5p, 1-2 doses of magnoil, eat a peaty diet, and scalp massages daily. This iron thing is starting to make sense for me.

Keep us updated. I will assume if you dont post up ill just think it didnt help. Also try to take photos of one are often. Shampoos and lighting can make a huge cosmetic effect that will significantly skew your reporting.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

More information. This information I am skeptical of but here’s a quote from the website. I would love to see the studies they claim using inositol.

Not sure how each form of inositol differe in terms of effect. But ip6 has been reported to chelate iron.

According to the statement below it seems like Inositol is a must in the fight against baldness

“Inositol is also a member of the B vitamin group. It is a compound occurring in the brain, muscles, liver, kidney and eyes.

In laboratory animals, a diet lacking Inositol produced baldness, but when the vitamin was added to the food of these animals, the hair grew back again. It was also observed that male animals lost hair twice as fast as female animals. The result of this experiment would suggest that males require a higher Inositol intake than females. An Inositol deficient diet can also cause eczema, a form of skin irritation.

One doctor in a series of experiments prescribed Inositol together with other sources of B vitamins to all his balding patients. In almost all case's hair loss was arrested, in some case's hair growth was noticeable in as little as one month. In one case hair recovery was total and not one bald spot remained.

Inositol, also appears to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood.”

Last edited:

TibRex

Fix
The
Liver
"Traditional Chinese Medicine knowledge suggests the liver stores blood and circulates blood to the sides and top of the head. If the liver is stressed or under pressure, it will dysfunction and decrease blood flow to the head, causing hair thinning and grayness in these regions.

Kidneys dominate the growth and development of the body including hair. If someone has a strong kidney essence, hair is shiny, thick, strong, healthy, and they will have fewer gray hairs as they get older."

Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for Hair Loss - China Education Center

TibRex

Attachments

• Carey Reams - Lemon Water Fast.pdf
    146 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

I began taking DHEA and Pregnenolone about 2 months ago and now my scalp hair is significantly thinner, but oddly enough my facial hair is growing much thicker and faster.
****! I recently started on Pansterone.
How are we supposed to increase our Testosterone while regrowing hair?

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I
"Traditional Chinese Medicine knowledge suggests the liver stores blood and circulates blood to the sides and top of the head. If the liver is stressed or under pressure, it will dysfunction and decrease blood flow to the head, causing hair thinning and grayness in these regions.

Kidneys dominate the growth and development of the body including hair. If someone has a strong kidney essence, hair is shiny, thick, strong, healthy, and they will have fewer gray hairs as they get older."

Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for Hair Loss - China Education Center

Is there any research actually shows the liver is responsible for blood flow to the scalp?

I don’t doubt this information. This actually may explain why my hairloss has halted. I heavily detoxed my body. Now I have to say I am still taking finasteride but .15mg. People are right when they say this ***t is poison even when I i was taking .25mg no results. When I lowered my dosage. My strength suddenly shot up significantly! I dream every night like it’s almost annoying lol. People don’t know what they are doing to their body until they get off that ***t.

Last edited:

Zigzag

You might not get the "hair sides". I didn't on pansterone+androsterone+tyromix (Im nw2 atm). Meanwhile my friend got hit even by the slightest androgen spike.

homyak

I would limit it to 1-3 times a week and only a single does, until you determine if it is affecting the quality of your hair.

baccheion

I'd bet it traces back to parathyroid activity.

The theories I keep accidentally stumbling across center around stress hormones, inflammation, insulin resistance, impaired circulation, calcification, etc.

What hormones change after 25 (around when balding tends to start)? Cortisol, insulin, DHT:testosterone, SHBG, and luteinizing hormone goes up. HGH, melatonin, DHEA, and testosterone:estradiol goes down. May be something to do with them. Later also somewhat comes thyroid hormone decline.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

if balding has begun the ultimate solution would be a solution that reverse skin fibrosis. Minoxidil doesn't reverse the fibrosis it just stops the tgfbeta signal sent to the follicle because of fibrosis, this forces hair into growth.

Anything that can actually reverse skin fibrosis could help millions of men regrow hair and millions of people can shrink their skin scars.

I honestly havent seen anything at all that can reverse skin fibrosis besides corticosteroids but their effects on other components are negative.

homyak

if balding has begun the ultimate solution would be a solution that reverse skin fibrosis. Minoxidil doesn't reverse the fibrosis it just stops the tgfbeta signal sent to the follicle because of fibrosis, this forces hair into growth.

Anything that can actually reverse skin fibrosis could help millions of men regrow hair and millions of people can shrink their skin scars.

I honestly havent seen anything at all that can reverse skin fibrosis besides corticosteroids but their effects on other components are negative.

Apparently mechanical intervention such as towel massage or pinching is effective for helping to reverse the fibrosis/calcification.

TheSir

Apparently mechanical intervention such as towel massage or pinching is effective for helping to reverse the fibrosis/calcification.
Is someone really able to pinch their scalp? I don't have enough loose skin in it to make it possible. My cat thinks I'm having a stroke.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Well yes but this is just not ideal. The amount of mechanical intervention and consistency would probably be tremendous. Like just how hard and how long do I need to do this for.

Is someone really able to pinch their scalp? I don't have enough loose skin in it to make it possible. My cat thinks I'm having a stroke.

Ya I can pinch it only on the crown area and sides and front temples. But the middle I can’t

Soren

Forum Supporter
I personally think that remodelling of the scalp tissue/breaking up the fibrosis and calcification is very difficult to achieve without including some form of massaging or micro-needling. I have personally noticed a definite filling in of my temples and also on my crown after adding in micro-needling. It is a very fine balance to strike though as if you are too aggressive with the micro-needling and the massaging then you will actually cause more hair loss because the the scalp will just be chronically inflamed (this definitely happened to me in the early days).

I think the body has to be healthy enough to be able to handle the inflammation and repair accordingly.

I personally found that the micro-needling has to be quite aggressive for it to have a positive effect (you have to draw blood). I do it once every 10-14 days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals