some questions about my cytomel sup

T

tobieagle

I ordered a bottle of cytomel a month ago.
On the label it says:

Lote: BM201204
Cad: SEP 14

Am i right at the assumption that my cytomel got produced at 20.13.2004 and the date of expiry is SEP 2014?

If so, is that appropriate since i ordered the product one month ago ?! :?

Dan W

I'm guessing the lot date means April 2012. Mine says BM201202 and expires June 2014.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
2 Years sounds about right.

OP
T

tobieagle

Dan Wich said:
I'm guessing the lot date means April 2012. Mine says BM201202 and expires June 2014.

makes more sense ^^

thank you

narouz

My Cynomel has exactly the same dating codes.

You guys are talking about Cytomel, right?

narouz

I thought Cytomel and Cynomel were made by different pharmaceutical companies.
Cytomel...is it Phizer?
And Cynomel is Grossman.

I know, of course, that they are both T3.
But from what I've been reading they could very well have different potencies
because they are made by different companies.

dietf***ed

"It will take me from shivering to warm in 20 minutes....that's all I care about."

Jenn, how much do you take? This happened to me once and I felt all hot and sweaty with a surge of confidence with respect to speaking to a group of people. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce that feeling.

Jenn

I just take a nibble every couple of hours, when I remember. I don't necessarily finish the single pill in a day. Coffee and aspirin can have a similar effect. So can eating some home made fries. Rubbing coconut oil on my entire body can cause me to heat up too.

My nutritionist said people can either be too sweaty or not sweat enough. I am a not sweat enough person, my son is a too sweaty person. He also experiences and in between stage where is just barely sweats and then itches like crazy.

btomczak

so does the date actually matter on the mexican pharmacy stuff?? Mine is two years expired... I figured that wouldnt matter at all...

btomczak

it does work, but 1/4 armour is more effective then 1/4 cytomel.... I think it should be the other way around, but its not... so perhaps my stuff is "old"

narouz

btomczak-
Just so we're clear,
what strength are your Cytomels? How many mcgs per tab?
And, are you sure they are Cytomel and not Cynomel?

btomczak

I realize that armour is t3/t4, but I just thought the t3 only would have more a kick to it.. Both Initially made my heart pound (not fast, but just hard) now BOTH have stopped doing that thankfully... It is cynomel from My Mexican drug store, but I bought it quite a long time ago, hence the date. I just never used it till now.. Either way thyroid has really helped w/ my milk in tolerance and hair loss, speech.. It was never bad, but when I drank it in the past it would give me scalp itch, and headache.. Now I'm able to drink a cup an hour and be fine... Though it is giving me a stuffy nose, so there is still some allergic reaction to it.. Only been supplementing thyroid for a week and half.. Tpically 1/4 of an armour pill and 2-4mcg t3 an itermittent times, and 1/4 armour at night with a heaping bowl of ice cream.. So I am still in the early stages of thyroid supplementation, and I was pretty hypo 4-5 tsh, normal t4 and t3.... I have hashis as wel..

My apologies for the rant.

the strength is the 25mcg pills

narouz

btomczak said:
I realize that armour is t3/t4, but I just thought the t3 only would have more a kick to it.. Both Initially made my heart pound (not fast, but just hard) now BOTH have stopped doing that thankfully... It is cynomel from My Mexican drug store, but I bought it quite a long time ago, hence the date. I just never used it till now.. Either way thyroid has really helped w/ my milk in tolerance and hair loss, speech.. It was never bad, but when I drank it in the past it would give me scalp itch, and headache.. Now I'm able to drink a cup an hour and be fine... Though it is giving me a stuffy nose, so there is still some allergic reaction to it.. Only been supplementing thyroid for a week and half.. Tpically 1/4 of an armour pill and 2-4mcg t3 an itermittent times, and 1/4 armour at night with a heaping bowl of ice cream.. So I am still in the early stages of thyroid supplementation, and I was pretty hypo 4-5 tsh, normal t4 and t3.... I have hashis as wel..

My apologies for the rant.

the strength is the 25mcg pills

(You think that's a rant?! :lol: )

The Armour (or anything with T3) will make you feel weird at first--at least it did for me, and it is typical.
The T4 only doesn't do that--at least I don't remember that it did.

So...how much total Armour are you doing per day, btomczak?

It does seem strange to me that the Armour makes you feel that way vs. the Cynomel.
Could indeed point to the Cynomel being old, inactive.

btomczak

well I ordered cynoplus and new cynomel so I should be getting them soon enough.. im only maybe half of a 30mg armour tablet. 1/4 in AM 1/4 bedtime.. When I take it at bedtime it kinda gives me insomnia, so I may need to cut back.