some questions about my cytomel sup

narouz

btomczak said:
well I ordered cynoplus and new cynomel so I should be getting them soon enough.. im only maybe half of a 30mg armour tablet. 1/4 in AM 1/4 bedtime.. When I take it at bedtime it kinda gives me insomnia, so I may need to cut back.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the bedtime dosing when you're just starting T4/T3.

Are you charting your temps and pulses?
If so, how are they doing at that dosage,
and have you noticed any improvement from when you were not supplementing
(this would assume you'd charted temps/pulses then)?

With the hard heart pounding...
this is a subject Charlie, our administrator/moderator, has great expertise in. :D
We discussed it a lot...but I don't think the discussion took place in an aptly titled thread,
so it might be hard to find.
You could search "Hard Heart Pounding" or "HHP."
I think he started focusing on it in his "Minocycline Blog" or "Minocycline Diary" or somesuch.
His experiences might be instructive.

btomczak

I haven’t been charting my temps, but in the past my morning temp was low 97.8… My pulse is low as well low 70’s.. I really go by feeling, hair coarseness, speech, confidence. The pounding heart isn’t an issue anymore, and as I said before, it wasn’t beating fast when this was happening.. I haven’t been able to get my pulse up… But as I said.. I’m still in the infancy of thyroid supplementing, so I have to give it sometime… Perhaps youre also right about the t3 being less effective due to the expired date.. may have to start all of this all over again once I get the new stuff.. I’m also transitioning from a diet of around 1800 cals or a diet of 2500-3000 so …

btomczak

I can tell you that with the added calcium from milk I have warmed up GREATLY, whereas before I had consistant cold hands, feet, extremities..

narouz

btomczak said:
I haven’t been charting my temps, but in the past my morning temp was low 97.8… My pulse is low as well low 70’s.. I really go by feeling, hair coarseness, speech, confidence. The pounding heart isn’t an issue anymore, and as I said before, it wasn’t beating fast when this was happening.. I haven’t been able to get my pulse up… But as I said.. I’m still in the infancy of thyroid supplementing, so I have to give it sometime… Perhaps youre also right about the t3 being less effective due to the expired date.. may have to start all of this all over again once I get the new stuff.. I’m also transitioning from a diet of around 1800 cals or a diet of 2500-3000 so …

That morning temp looks pretty good/normal.
As you say, I'd recommend charting carefully while doing a good Peat diet
and see what happens--over time.

The pulse you note isn't terrible--especially if it is a morning pulse.

In general, I wouldn't go overboard with the thyroid supplementation.
There's another subject Charlie's had experience with! :D
The dose you're at now is reasonably cautious.
I wouldn't go above that for a while--a while of Peating and charting.
It's important to get your base levels well-established
and to see what Peatian dietary changes will do
before you go pumping a bunch of thyroid in.

btomczak

Well, I know there is some need for thyroid supplementation, as my kidney function was badly suffering, and since supplementing thyroid that has changed.. Diet alone and the increase in calories will def improve my thyroid status so I agree.. I do not plan on going any higher at all trust me.. I am also taking LDN so that is definitely lowering the need for thyroid medication quite a bit. Pulse is 60 upon waking not in the low 70s. Low 70s is usually after a breakfast and beyond.. Ive also run into some hyperthyroid situation over the past week as well where I saw hair fall, and symptoms in general getting worse.. There really seems to be a perfect amount for each individual person, and I just have to figure out what that is….

narouz

btomczak said:
Well, I know there is some need for thyroid supplementation, as my kidney function was badly suffering, and since supplementing thyroid that has changed.. Diet alone and the increase in calories will def improve my thyroid status so I agree.. I do not plan on going any higher at all trust me.. I am also taking LDN so that is definitely lowering the need for thyroid medication quite a bit. Pulse is 60 upon waking not in the low 70s. Low 70s is usually after a breakfast and beyond.. Ive also run into some hyperthyroid situation over the past week as well where I saw hair fall, and symptoms in general getting worse.. There really seems to be a perfect amount for each individual person, and I just have to figure out what that is….

Yes, that sounds sensible.
I wasn't saying you should never go higher than your present thyroid dosage--
just to go slowly and keep good records of your temps and pulses and other signs.
It takes a pretty long while for the T4 to build up in your system,
and one can get ahead of that curve and get into trouble--hyper city.

btomczak

Never experienced hyper city .. Never had heart palps ever... Even when taking an entire Armour tablet, so I'm not too concerned about that.. Plus I have a good feel for my body.. I'm just very impatient and I can get ahead of myself sometimes..

OP
T

tobieagle

Do you know wether longterm supplementing with T3 only is dangerous?

I take about 40 mcg (~1,5 tabs cytomel) throughout the day.

SheilaHelm1

Anybody know what the comparable dose of Cytomel would be to Levothyroxine??
I used to be on 150mcg of Levothyroxine so equivalent cytomel would be what?? :?

I bought some from mymexicandrugstore about a month ago and have been taking 1 a day i.e. 25mcg. I don't feel any positive affect from it. I have been 'more' tired (who knew that could happen) and possibly had less frequent visits to the 'bathroom'.....

I have still continued with the NDT so maybe I'm overdoing the thyroid....??? :|

All suggestions appreciated x

jyb

tobieagle said:
Do you know wether longterm supplementing with T3 only is dangerous?

I take about 40 mcg (~1,5 tabs cytomel) throughout the day.

There are protocols with T3 only for several months. RP says one might feel better with some T4, which amount can be smaller for some people, but I don't think I've read T3 only being dangerous.

4peatssake

SheilaHelm1 said:
Anybody know what the comparable dose of Cytomel would be to Levothyroxine??
I used to be on 150mcg of Levothyroxine so equivalent cytomel would be what?? :?

I bought some from mymexicandrugstore about a month ago and have been taking 1 a day i.e. 25mcg. I don't feel any positive affect from it. I have been 'more' tired (who knew that could happen) and possibly had less frequent visits to the 'bathroom'.....

I have still continued with the NDT so maybe I'm overdoing the thyroid....??? :|

All suggestions appreciated x

I clearly have no idea. Have you asked RP? He would be the best to answer that I would think!

BTW, I mentioned the other Mexican pharmacy to him they other day http://farmaciadelnino.com/eng/index and he told me he'd not heard of it but that he had become annoyed with the price increases at mymexicandrugstore and that he was going to start recommending the other one.

You can get cynoplus and cytomel for half the cost at the other one.

Hope you figure this out very soon.

Stunning4keke

i am kinda new to all of this and Peat's idea's. i would like to know how i should start seeing how my thyroid is doing? the only thing i have done so far is take stock of my body and i do get cold extremities. what should the morning temp be? and the temp later on after the am temp? i have no idea about any of the medications yet as i'm just reading through everything now.
thanks!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals