Some of the first and few empirical data that ties ESTROGEN to androgenetic alopecia!

Just a devil's advocate question but if high estrogen causes baldness then wouldn't women be bald?
They do bald, just at a smaller rate. I have a female coworker who has pattern baldness in her early 30’s. Seen also lot of women in their 50’s with pattern baldness - my observation most of those people are chronically stressed with systemic diseases.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Hi there. Could you maybe point us towards some of the evidence that you have encountered of estrogen supplementation having resulted in significant hair regrowth? So far, I have seen only one such example, a member of the forum HairLossTalk, bridgeburn. Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life. To be honest, I am at abit of a loss as to what to think. On the one hand, it is somewhat difficult to argue with a person who can produce images of his hair before his having used a given treatment and also images of his hair having improved significantly from use of the treatment. But a careful read of this person’s post will reveal that his use of estrogen is only as effective as he construes. He claims that he observed results only days after switching from a less potent estrogen to a more potent one and also after increasing the dose of the more potent estrogen but this could be mere coincidence. What if those results owed to some of the other treatments that he admits to have been using concurrently with the estrogen? Nevermind that he had been using 50 mg of Cyproterone Acetate daily, which is said to have a strong progesterone potency. He was also using Minoxidil! It is also very difficult to believe that any treatment for hair loss can produce results in a matter of days.
The balding studies. Bald people had less aromatase expressiom than non balding people in their frontal zones by 4 folds.

Peeno

Melatonin increase p4 and lowers estrogen synthesis and modulates ERA. Try about 600mcg to 1mg of melatonin and see what happens to your hair. In my observation there is a sweet spot for hair, too low oestrogen (lack of ER binding) = bald, too high oestrogen (low p4 too much ERA binding and collagen build-up and scalp hypoxia) = bald.
I
n regards to women I've noticed that what I perceive as higher oestrogen women seem to be more likely to have slight recession in the hairline but still very luscious hair which is what more oestrogen seems to provide. Hair is a massive subconscious instinctual indication to someone's hormonal profile, as well as skin. E.g. P4 creates lighter skin and oestrogen makes it more tan and golden via increased melanocyte activity.

Melatonin / p4 for high oestrogen balding subtype.

For low aromatase high t balding subtype I'm not really sure what would help. P4 although it is an anti androgen could make hair loss worse if you lack e2 for hair health.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Melatonin increase p4 and lowers estrogen synthesis and modulates ERA. Try about 600mcg to 1mg of melatonin and see what happens to your hair. In my observation there is a sweet spot for hair, too low oestrogen (lack of ER binding) = bald, too high oestrogen (low p4 too much ERA binding and collagen build-up and scalp hypoxia) = bald.
I
n regards to women I've noticed that what I perceive as higher oestrogen women seem to be more likely to have slight recession in the hairline but still very luscious hair which is what more oestrogen seems to provide. Hair is a massive subconscious instinctual indication to someone's hormonal profile, as well as skin. E.g. P4 creates lighter skin and oestrogen makes it more tan and golden via increased melanocyte activity.

Melatonin / p4 for high oestrogen balding subtype.

For low aromatase high t balding subtype I'm not really sure what would help. P4 although it is an anti androgen could make hair loss worse if you lack e2 for hair health.
Studies show melatonin works in both women and men. Not sure if its got to do with low or high aromatase per se