"Some Fruits, Including Bananas, Pineapples, And Tomatoes. "

Amazoniac

Since it's cold out, the coconuts that I have are getting the concrete floor (on porch) after being drained through the third eyelet. There exists three small indents on the top of the coconut, yet only one is easily penetrable. This hole represents the very location the sprout first makes it's appearance.

I just palm it in my right hand and quickly smash using a velocity and force determined prior, using other coconuts.

You can then keep tapping (fastest way) to create small enough pieces (about ¹⁄₈ coconut) to represent a one‐pry piece: a piece of coconut and shell that can be spoon‐pried quickly and easily. If examine your spoons you will notice they all have different radii of curvature (unless, of course, you're one of those people)—this matters! You want to be using a spoon having a curvature matching the curvature of the coconut you are de‐shelling.

Chuck Norris just looks at it the damn thing; the shell spontaneously combusts leaving a one‐piece inner coconut with slightly‐charred exterior which he feeds half to his dog—not because he's particularly magnanimous, but because he eats other people's souls (to save room).
But in the demo you posted, I had recognized that coconut cutting tool. If you look for Vietnamese grocery stores in your area, I think you'd be able to find one. All Vietnamese grocery stores in Minnesota, Illinois, and Wisconsin have the same kitchen items (which I assume they all order from the same catalogue, or but from the same distrubutor who is selling them crates of young coconuts, dragonfruit, durian, rambutan, persimmon, and toasted seaweed snacks.) I do have one specialized coconut tool, personally, which reminds me of a french nail and could ostensibly be used as such (this makes opening coconut with it a veritable training exercise for trench warfare).
https://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Tool-Stainless-Steel-Removal/dp/B006OCS5ZU
But if you force with any tool between the shell and the peel, it should separate with no problem as long as you have pieces that aren't curved enough to oppose the movement as you lift a tip.
__
That opening tool tends to rust where they decided to mark with patent number/brand, right? They should start stamping those parts instead..
It looks to me like giant needles. :ss

Birdie

'Del Monte took 73-114, which it dubbed MD-2, to its plantations in Costa Rica, found it to be well-suited to growing there, and launched it publicly in 1996.'

The Del Monte pineapples are much better than the rest. I think most bad experiences with pineapples can be attributed to other varieties. I don't particularly like Wal‐Mart, but they are one national retailer which sells exclusively the Del Monte Gold pineapple. Hopefully, your favourite grocery store will sell Del Monte pineapples—and not Dole pineapples.
I'd been buying pineapple at Fresh Market, but we were in Sam's Club and got samples. So delicious. The others were tasteless in comparison and were expensive.

In the past, I had balked at pineapples, remembering Ray's comments about their being highly industrialized. I wonder what makes them more industrialized than say oranges...

Amazoniac

Phytoserotonin: A review

"In fruits of pineapple SER distribution in tissues is not uniform, with great amount in the outer skin of fruit, considerably less in inner skin and pulp.14 SER levels are known to increase as the fruits ripen in many species, including tomato, although the inverse is true of the fruit of pineapple (Ananas comosus).15"

"Although several different roles have been proposed, the function of SER is not yet clear. Furthermore, SER is implicated in flowering, ion permeability and in a protective role as an antioxidant.4 Kang et al. (2009),44 reported that tryptophan levels were significantly induced upon senescence and the increased tryptophan was readily converted into SER by the induction of Tryptophan decorboxylase (TDC). SER is a preferable mediator of senescence."

"One interesting study on SER synthesis and its possible biological function was reported for walnut ( Juglans regia) seeds, in which SER is mainly accumulated during the process of fruit abscission.17 This abscission period is accompanied by proteolysis and deamination of amino acids giving rise to ammonium accumulation in walnut seeds. To circumvent the toxic accumulation of ammonia, glutamine synthase assimilates ammonia together with glutamic acid via the synthesis of glutamine, which directly serves as a substrate for tryptophan synthesis. SER synthesis is closely associated either with ripening or maturation of plant organs or with the accumulation of ammonia, which occurs predominantly during the process of plant senescence.58"

"SER, was reported in coffee, its presence in seeds and leaf wax29 and also in polished coffee called Astra, contain 20–40 mg SER/100 g and marketed as “low irritant” coffee in Germany and Switzerland.62 Due to the presence of SER in roasted coffee and in brew, it has physiological action in humans.63 SER was the amine most resistant to the effects of roasting and it was observed for some samples in higher amount after roast than in the green beans. The predominant amines that are reported in green coffee are SER and putrescine, followed by spermidine and spermine.63"​

upload_2018-1-31_17-33-49.png
I commented on his thread that the best (and mildest) pineapples tend to be those with clear (predigested) pulps. I figured images would be helpful:

upload_2018-1-31_17-36-35.png

too fibrous and not clear enough

upload_2018-1-31_17-38-20.png

completely clear and approved by Travisord

If you happen to pick a harsh one, it can always be.. marmaladed. There are recipes using cinnamon, lime zest, etc.

Travis

Phytoserotonin: A review

"In fruits of pineapple SER distribution in tissues is not uniform, with great amount in the outer skin of fruit, considerably less in inner skin and pulp.14 SER levels are known to increase as the fruits ripen in many species, including tomato, although the inverse is true of the fruit of pineapple (Ananas comosus).15"

"Although several different roles have been proposed, the function of SER is not yet clear. Furthermore, SER is implicated in flowering, ion permeability and in a protective role as an antioxidant.4 Kang et al. (2009),44 reported that tryptophan levels were significantly induced upon senescence and the increased tryptophan was readily converted into SER by the induction of Tryptophan decorboxylase (TDC). SER is a preferable mediator of senescence."

"One interesting study on SER synthesis and its possible biological function was reported for walnut ( Juglans regia) seeds, in which SER is mainly accumulated during the process of fruit abscission.17 This abscission period is accompanied by proteolysis and deamination of amino acids giving rise to ammonium accumulation in walnut seeds. To circumvent the toxic accumulation of ammonia, glutamine synthase assimilates ammonia together with glutamic acid via the synthesis of glutamine, which directly serves as a substrate for tryptophan synthesis. SER synthesis is closely associated either with ripening or maturation of plant organs or with the accumulation of ammonia, which occurs predominantly during the process of plant senescence.58"

"SER, was reported in coffee, its presence in seeds and leaf wax29 and also in polished coffee called Astra, contain 20–40 mg SER/100 g and marketed as “low irritant” coffee in Germany and Switzerland.62 Due to the presence of SER in roasted coffee and in brew, it has physiological action in humans.63 SER was the amine most resistant to the effects of roasting and it was observed for some samples in higher amount after roast than in the green beans. The predominant amines that are reported in green coffee are SER and putrescine, followed by spermidine and spermine.63"​

I commented on his thread that the best (and mildest) pineapples tend to be those with clear (predigested) pulps. I figured images would be helpful:

View attachment 8234
too fibrous and not clear enough

View attachment 8235
completely clear and approved by Travisord

If you happen to pick a harsh one, it can always be.. marmaladed. There are recipes using cinnamon, lime zest, etc.
That second pineapple pictured above has the best color, and reminds me of that those Guatamalan Dole™ pineapples I had a few years ago. The ones I get right now are not so good—yet are only $2 apiece! The pineapples I have available at the moment are Costa Rican Dole™, too green and only the lower half being good. I bought two boxes (12 pineapples total) last week and had about two per day, but this week I just went straight to the organic pears—also $2 apiece (per 3# bag)!

So I'm eating ≥ 1000‧Cal per day from the coffee + date + coconut combination and another ~1000‧Cal from the more vitamin‐rich and watery fruits—whichever ones appear most suitable. This coconut and fruit‐eating puts me in the radically‐low linoleic acid club, and the kale gives me enough α-linolenic acid to produce enough brain DHA for brain and nerves. It's been experimentally proven that docosahexaenoic acid, and its precursor α-linolenic acid, increase myelination yet DHA is not a primary constituent of myelin; in fact, it is present at about 1% only:

Mylelin is about 80% lipids and ~20% protein, and of the lipids slightly over half is either cholesterol, progesterone, or pregnenolone. Older assays in the '60s had tallied the progesterone and pregnenolone as 'cholesterol,' but the similar pregnenolone is there and it's significant. Binding assays indicate that pregnenolone has an unusually‐high affinity for tubulin, perhaps forming a 'seed' for myelin formation while being a 'first responder' in stabilizing microtubules. Of the other half of the myelin lipids are sphingomyelin and triglycerides: Sphingomyelin—representing about 25% by mass—has two lipid chains which are always fully saturated or monounsaturated, so DHA can only be found in the triglyceride fraction where it exists at about 4% of the total (at most). Thus: the concentration of DHA in myelin is one‐twenty‐fifth of 25% the concentration of total lipids, which in turn represents roughly four‐fifths of myelin by mass.

(¹⁄₂₅) × (.25) ×(⁴⁄₅) = .008 = .8%

So how does DHA increase myelination despite not being a real constituent of such? I do have an idea: I think DHA enhances oil–liquid phase partitioning while creating a more salient grey–white matter MRI phase contrast by excluding cholesterol and saturated lipids from cell membranes of the grey matter—due to higher water solubility, kinked shape, and rapid molecular motions. That is to say: it enhances myelination simply by displacing progesterone, pregnenolone, and stearic acid from everywhere besides the nerves—the stationary phase. Whey else would the body elongate and desaturate α-linolenic acid exclusively to DHA? for the brain and nowhere else?

Last edited:

Wagner83

So I'm eating ≥ 1000‧Cal per day from the coffee + date + coconut combination and another ~1000‧Cal from the more vitamin‐rich and watery fruits—whichever ones appear most suitable.
How long have you been on this low-protein raw vegan diet?

Travis

How long have you been on this low-protein raw vegan diet?
The amount of protein needed for nitrogen balance is only 35‧g.

How long have you been eating excess methionine and tryptophan?

Wagner83

From your posts and interactions with people on the forum it sounds like you are doing well, so I'm just curious how long you have been doing this. There was no negativity implied on my part (like "it isn't sustainable you should be eating turducken daily").

Travis

From your posts and interactions with people on the forum it sounds like you are doing well, so I'm just curious how long you have been doing this. There was no negativity implied on my part (like "it isn't sustainable you should be eating turducken daily").

For about ten years, but with an intervening period of cheese‐eating restricted more‐or‐less to half the year—the cold season—for a few years. I know the epidemiology only shows 'vegans' living only a few years longer on average, but I don't think the line should be drawn at non‐vegan/vegan. This is a very crude distinction considering how much biochemical science has been published in the last 100 years; I think we'd be doing ourselves a disservice by seeing things so simply. Most vegans, the McDougall vegans, eat linoleic acid and immunogenic food proteins. I think we can do better my making the distinction between linoleic acid and the other lipids, avoiding wheat and allergenic seeds/pulses/beans, and ensuring a natural vitamin C intake with reasonable methionine and tryptophan. I think 'calorie restriction' works only with standard rat chow and restricting calories when fed a more suitable diet wouldn't lead to any real gain in longevity. The non‐vegan/vegan distinction breaks down when it's realized that wheat is worse than goat milk on so many levels, so further refinements are certainly needed. I always thought the raw/cooked dialectic was more important because you'd gravitate towards high‐vitamin natural foods like coconut and fruit, and perhaps even raw fish (primitive islanders have been known to eat raw fish).

LUH 3417

For about ten years, but with an intervening period of cheese‐eating restricted more‐or‐less to half the year—the cold season—for a few years. I know the epidemiology only shows 'vegans' living only a few years longer on average, but I don't think the line should be drawn at non‐vegan/vegan. This is a very crude distinction considering how much biochemical science has been published in the last 100 years; I think we'd be doing ourselves a disservice by seeing things so simply. Most vegans, the McDougall vegans, eat linoleic acid and immunogenic food proteins. I think we can do better my making the distinction between linoleic acid and the other lipids, avoiding wheat and allergenic seeds/pulses/beans, and ensuring a natural vitamin C intake with reasonable methionine and tryptophan. I think 'calorie restriction' works only with standard rat chow and restricting calories when fed a more suitable diet wouldn't lead to any real gain in longevity. The non‐vegan/vegan distinction breaks down when it's realized that wheat is worse than goat milk on so many levels, so further refinements are certainly needed. I always thought the raw/cooked dialectic was more important because you'd gravitate towards high‐vitamin natural foods like coconut and fruit, and perhaps even raw fish (primitive islanders have been known to eat raw fish).
Do you follow cravings?

Wagner83

Thank you.
I think we can do better my making the distinction between linoleic acid and the other lipids, avoiding wheat and allergenic seeds/pulses/beans, and ensuring a natural vitamin C intake with reasonable methionine and tryptophan.
Do you see properly prepared lentils as a potentially harmful meal? Besides the effects on digestion (legume) I admit I don't know of anything that means they should be avoided.

Travis

Thank you.

Do you see properly prepared lentils as a potentially harmful meal? Besides the effects on digestion (legume) I admit I don't know of anything that means they should be avoided.
I know they are less immunogenic than many foods but I think we should look at the linoleic acid content, which could be variable from bean‐to‐bean type. They do have the allure of being non‐refined and having minerals, so I think a low‐linoleate bean could perhaps be elevated to the level of the sweet potato (on my personal food rating scale).

superhuman

No way. Where do you base that number on Travis? i guess if you just lay on the coach for the whole day its ok, but if you do anything you need more then 35 g protein. Would really like to see where you got that number from and do you mean that overall or just as a baseline and increase it with activity, weight training etc?

T

tca300

No way. Where do you base that number on Travis? i guess if you just lay on the coach for the whole day its ok, but if you do anything you need more then 35 g protein. Would really like to see where you got that number from and do you mean that overall or just as a baseline and increase it with activity, weight training etc?
You can live off of ~35 grams of protein. But your muscle mass will top out at durian rider levels lol. Its undisputed that people who want to carry around above average levels of muscle mass, need at least .65 grams of digestible protein per pound of body weight, even though myself and countless others I have worked with need more than that. The only people I know who eat that little protein are extremely sedentary, they all are very cold all the time, and like stated above have extremely low levels of muscle mass. Not to mention all the studies that show higher protein intakes improve survival when exposed to various toxins. The liver uses protein derivatives for energy purposes and knowing how important that organ is, living on the edge seems risky.

durianrider-harley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EIRE24

You can live off of ~35 grams of protein. But your muscle mass will top out at durian rider levels lol. Its undisputed that people who want to carry around above average levels of muscle mass, need at least .65 grams of digestible protein per pound of body weight, even though myself and countless others I have worked with need more than that. The only people I know who eat that little protein are extremely sedentary, they all are very cold all the time, and like stated above have extremely low levels of muscle mass. Not to mention all the studies that show higher protein intakes improve survival when exposed to various toxins. The liver uses protein derivatives for energy purposes and knowing how important that organ is, living on the edge seems risky.

View attachment 8383
Durian rider lol. Guy has to be admired.

How many grams of fat, protein and carbs do you eat in a day? @tca300

T

tca300

You'v increased fat lately? Is this from whole milk or coconut oil?
I did 5-23 grams of fat for over a year, felt pretty good, then terrible things started happening, I became very allergic to salicylates and related substances, and my body stopped processing fructose.. so in order to keep my cholesterol from crashing I drink a 50/50 mix of 1% and 2% milk, since I dont have fructose to keep my cholesterol up anymore. I also feel stronger and sleep better with more fat. If coconut oil wasnt high in salicylates I would be using hydrogenated coconut oil enstead of dairy fat.

Travis

I base that number on a meta study which had analyzed over 100 studies to determine this. I would assume the subjects were in the ~180‧lb range but not particularly active.

Rand, W. "Meta-analysis of nitrogen balance studies for estimating protein requirements in healthy adults." The American journal of clinical nutrition (2003)

What do you base your incredulity on?

Last edited:

Travis

View attachment 8383
That guys a long‐distance bike rider; to be any bigger would be a professional liability.

Last edited:
T

tca300

That guys a long‐distance bike rider; to be any bigger would be a professional liability.
Can you show me evidence of any low protein eater without excess fat that has successfully built even moderate amounts of muscle? All skinny people who keep their protein low have very little muscle mass, which makes sense for a sedentary person or an endurance athelete, but I have never seen any proof whatsoever that anyone can build hardly any muscle while eating such low amounts of protein. I have personally experienced this during my vegan days, and have seen well over 50 of past clients who are trying to build muscle but fail to do so until more protein is consumed. The size of the house you can build is dependent on the amount of materials available, and since carbohydrates and fats cannot be converted into amino acids/protein by any human capable process, its quite obvious that a certain EXTRA amount is needed. The amount can very somewhat from person to person, but 35 grams isn't enough for any full grown human to build muscle on, unless they were eating even less than that for a time period beforehand. Low protein ( as well as very high ) diets also result in continuously elevated cortisol.. no thanks.

P.s As he is not a professional athelete, its not at all a liability. Also, he used steriods for a period and still gained zero muscle tissue. Thats quite remarkable but expected when protein consumption is that low.

And just a few snippets from the lord and savior himself

" Vegetarians often notice temporary exhilaration when they stop eating meat, probably because their thyroid has been suppressed. But a more serious hypothyroid state often follows, from a low protein inadequate vegetarian diet. Low protein diets definitely interfere with the liver’s ability to detoxify estrogen and other stressors.” - Ray Peat

“A few years ago, most of the nutritional problems that I saw were caused by physicians, by refined convenience foods, and by poverty. Recently, most of the problems seem to be caused by badly designed vegetarian diets, or by acceptance of the idea that 40 grams of protein per day is sufficient. The liver and other organs deteriorate rapidly on low-protein diets. Observe the faces of the wheat-grass promoters, the millet-eaters, and the ‘anti-mucus’ dieters, and other low-protein people. Do they look old for their age?” - Ray Peat

" A simple protein deficiency has many surprising effects. It lowers body temperature, and suppresses the thyroid, but it increases inflammation and the tendency of blood to clot. Since the brain and heart and lungs require a continuous supply of essential amino acids if they are to continue functioning, in the absence of dietary protein, cortisol must be produced continuously to mobilize amino acids from the expendable tissues, which are mainly the skeletal muscles." - Ray Peat

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals