Some "experts"say Anti Inflammatory Drugs Can Enhance Corona Infection

Bodhi

Some "experts"say anti inflammatory drugs can enhance Corona infection ...

Any thoughts on this please ???

I am taking lots of Asprin these days ,could this be a bad idea ???

Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises

Ibuprofen may aggravate coronavirus says France health ministry. - CNN

Are Warnings Against NSAIDs in COVID-19 Warranted?

Thanks i hope someone can refute this and state that Aspirin will actually be helpful against getting Corona or still improve immunity while the virus is around .......

Cheers !

tankasnowgod

Some "experts"say anti inflammatory drugs can enhance Corona infection ...

Any thoughts on this please ???

I am taking lots of Asprin these days ,could this be a bad idea ???

Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises

Ibuprofen may aggravate coronavirus says France health ministry. - CNN

Are Warnings Against NSAIDs in COVID-19 Warranted?

Thanks i hope someone can refute this and state that Aspirin will actually be helpful against getting Corona or still improve immunity while the virus is around .......

Cheers !

FWIW, those articles don't even say anything about aspirin. It's only mentioned in the first, and not even relation to the disease, just that people are buying it (okay).

They seem to think that "inflammation is good" when fighting a disease. I don't buy that, personally.

Nothing here would change the amount of aspirin I take. I don't think any health advice offered in MSM sources like this is worthwhile.

Even then..... do you think you are part of the 100,000 or so active cases? Or one of the other 7,699,899,000 other people on the planet?

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

I guess you are right, just an extra concern and to see i anyone here in Peatland has a solid founded logical argument against Asprin and Corona so far i thing fighting low grade inflammation and upping thyroid with Aspirin is a good thing .....

Hairfedup

Aspirin has more or less healed my Barret's/SIBO symptoms in over 2 weeks - if these symptoms hadn't diminished and I contracted Corona [if it is really what they make it out to be] then I'd be in a worse position. Aspirin >

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Aspirin has more or less healed my Barret's/SIBO symptoms in over 2 weeks - if these symptoms hadn't diminished and I contracted Corona [if it is really what they make it out to be] then I'd be in a worse position. Aspirin >

How much aspirin did you take and how long to reduce endotoxin ? do you think this also reaches the small intestine

schultz

Personally, I think ibuprofen and acetiminophen damage the liver, impairing endotoxin detoxification. This could easily make things worse. Aspirin would be beneficial IMO.

I am just a lay person though....

Hairfedup

How much aspirin did you take and how long to reduce endotoxin ? do you think this also reaches the small intestine

Just 300mg in the morning with a little milk. Gelatin throughout the day. Still on it, I idiotically can't kick cigarettes so some minor symptoms persist.

yerrag

Personally, I think ibuprofen and acetiminophen damage the liver, impairing endotoxin detoxification. This could easily make things worse. Aspirin would be beneficial IMO.

Plus doesn't ibuprofen and paracetamol lower body temperature, and in doing so is fighting one way the body heals itself?

jdherk

FWIW, those articles don't even say anything about aspirin. It's only mentioned in the first, and not even relation to the disease, just that people are buying it (okay).

They seem to think that "inflammation is good" when fighting a disease. I don't buy that, personally.

Nothing here would change the amount of aspirin I take. I don't think any health advice offered in MSM sources like this is worthwhile.

Even then..... do you think you are part of the 100,000 or so active cases? Or one of the other 7,699,899,000 other people on the planet?

How much do you take daily?

schultz

Plus doesn't ibuprofen and paracetamol lower body temperature, and in doing so is fighting one way the body heals itself?

I have heard this theory before, but I don't know if it is true or not.

Ray of course has mentioned that being warm can be beneficial generally (taking a warm bath, sleeping with socks and hat) and being cold is stressful.

LPS (pyrogens) can cause fever and I think prostaglandin can cause fever.

berk

The World Health Organization recommended Tuesday that people suffering COVID-19 symptoms avoid taking ibuprofen, after French officials warned that anti-inflammatory drugs could worsen effects of the virus.

The warning by French Health Minister Veran followed a recent study in The Lancet medical journal that hypothesised that an enzyme boosted by anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen could facilitate and worsen COVID-19 infections.

Asked about the study, WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier told reporters in Geneva the UN health agency's experts were "looking into this to give further guidance."

"In the meantime, we recommend using rather paracetamol, and do not use ibuprofen as a self-medication. That's important," he said.

He added that if ibuprofen had been "prescribed by the healthcare professionals, then, of course, that's up to them."

His comments came after Veran sent a tweet cautioning that the use of ibuprofen and similar anti-inflammatory drugs could be "an aggravating factor" in COVID-19 infections.
"In the case of fever, take paracetamol," he wrote.
The French minister stressed that patients already being treated with anti-inflammatory drugs should ask advice from their doctor.
Paracetamol must be taken strictly according to the recommended dose, because too much of it can damage the liver.

The COVID-19 pandemic, which has infected around 190,000 people worldwide and killed more than 7,800, causes mild symptoms in most people, but can result in pneumonia and in some cases severe illness that can lead to multiple organ failure.

Even before the pandemic, French authorities sounded the alarm over serious "infectious complications" linked to the use of ibuprofen, which is sold under various brands like Nurofen and Advil, and other anti-inflammatory drugs.

A spokesperson for British pharmaceutical company Reckitt Benckiser, which makes Nurofen, said in an email statement that the company was aware of concerns raised about "the use of steroids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) products, including ibuprofen, for the alleviation of COVID-19 symptoms."

"Consumer safety is our number one priority," the spokesperson said, stressing that "ibuprofen is a well-established medicine that has been used safely as a self-care fever and pain reducer, including in viral illnesses, for more than 30 years."

"We do not currently believe there is any proven scientific evidence linking over-the-counter use of ibuprofen to the aggravation of COVID-19," the statement said.

The spokesperson said Reckitt Benckiser was "engaging with the WHO, EMA (the European Medicines Agency) and other local health authorities" on the issue and would provide "any additional information or guidance necessary for the safe use of our products following any such evaluation."

source: WHO Now Officially Recommends to Avoid Taking Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

I think you are right !

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

They talk about ibuprofen and steroids. But they tend to extrapolate ibuprofen risks to all NSAIDs. Without understanding difference in mechanisms of action.

Indomethacin is NSAID. Direct antiviral action against carona.
Indomethacin Has a Potent Antiviral Activity Against SARS Coronavirus - PubMed

Aspirin + lysine + glycine impairs coronavirus replication
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ylate_glycine_Impairs_Coronavirus_Replication

WTF! intresing studies !!!

I needed this thanks !!

S.Seneff

Aspirin is the exception, right ?
People with circuliratory problem and with coagulation issues seems the more affected.
Perahps the speed of the organism to fight the invaders depends of the speed of the microcirculation in parts.

Wilfrid

That's the sad part of the french authorities declaration and recommendation since an OTC drug called " ASPEGIC " , a combination of DL-lysine acetylsalicylate + glycine + ammonium glycyrrhizate ( a compound with anti-viral activities as well ), is widely and easily available in France.
FWIW, Cyproheptadine ( under the drug name : PERIACTINE ) is also easily available OTC.