Some Dude Sounding High IQ Talking About Looksmaxxing On An Incel Forum

Ableton

He makes some Peaty points so I thought you guys might enjoy discussing it:

Gudru said:
You are one of the most high IQ members on here. Please just tell me about it . I'm a desperate teenager and I'm working hard on looksmaxxing. The future is now and I need to do what I can do to maximise everything.

x30001:
Well it's all really hard to understand at the start, but you'll eventually realise that real looksmaxing comes down to anti-aging, maximising your health, mental and physical and staying harmonious and never having to struggle on here again. Once you have a plan, your life will spiral upwards; appearance, attitude, success. They'll all carry support each other and push you really far.

Everyone here is so lazy and just want some magic "pill". Everything anyone suggests is just a quick-fix gimmick or something that just treats a symptom like a band aid would. Even that collagen guy just has no ******* clue what he's talking about.

The real way to looksmax extremely hard is through consistent hard work, exercise, working on everything. Perfecting your sleep. Understanding everything and executing your plan.

The real looksmaxing compound is called Nicotinamide Mononucleotide. It's a precursor to NAD+ in our body. Supplementation with NAD+ is impossible since the molecule is too large to enter our cells. NMN (Nicotinamide Mononeuclotide) is a small enough molecule to enter the outer membrane of our cells. A transporter called Slc12a8 carries into the inner membrane where it can bind to other NMN molecules and create NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide). By age 20 we have 50% the NAD+ that we had in our body when we were in childhood. By age 50, we have 50% the amount we had when we were 20. That's the main thing. And you'll have to discover yourself why it's so important to looksmaxing and how you can literally exert more energy and do more work whilst not letting oxidative stress / inflammation affect your appearance just by having more NAD+ and learning how to balance your energy so that energy metabolism becomes seamless and doesn't age the mitochondria or cause DNA damage. There's so much more too it. Everything's linked. Looksmaxing, motivation, overcoming depression, getting smarter. Literally everything. It's all in our minds and bodies. No one on this forum even knows about BDNF (Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor), and how increasing levels of BDNF literally makes memory retention and the learning/problem solving process much much easier. Everything can be improved, anxiety/depression can be abolished. It's all possible, and there's so much more to everything. The rabbit hole is incredibly deep. Dr Joseph Mercola shared a few secrets on his YouTube and on some blogs and Google immediately deleted his videos and lowered his SEO for search engine results. All the "supplements" people talk about here are complete bull****. I've never heard anyone once talk about any supplement which can help activate the AMPK or sirtuin pathways. No one knows anything about autophagy. No one knows anything about NAD+ and why it's so important. Want to know how Kinobody has such big muscles and such perfect skin and hair without taking steroids? It's because he can workout harder by supplementing with NMN and balancing his energy by controlling the insulin/IGF1 signalling pathway, the AKT/AMPK pathway, the Forkhead Box protein pathway, etc. The depth to this is actually ******* insane and I just don't want to put the info out there since firstly no one will understand, and secondly, I want everyone else to just spin their wheels or make stupid decisions like take steroids or have surgeries. Only heard one user ever mention GHK-cu but even he didn't want to explain it for obvious reasons, and then he left the forum forever. I have a whole thread on how to keep AKT shut off and achieve skeletal muscle protein synthesis in without having any other anabolic pathways activated, whilst benefiting from AMPK. You can even bypass MTORC1 activation and achieve an extremely selective and more powerful form of S6 synthesis through SIRT1. Besides that, you can achieve protein synthesis through CASTOR1 and Sestrin2 and temporarily activate MTORC1 which will negatively regulate IRS once P70S6K is activated through the backdoor. Nobody understands why insulin is looksminning them and nobody even has a slightest clue what it is or what it does. But what I've told you doesn't even scratch the surface of real looksmaxing. Right now it's possible to reverse the cosmetic and neurodegenerative effects of aging. Big pharma don't like it as they want to keep profiting off their medication, but some people like Mercola, David Sinclair, Siim Land etc are in the know.

Gudru
| Making my dreams come true |

30 minutes ago

Holy ***t, should I buy it right away? This sounds insanely interesting and I"m really curious what else it could do.

+1Reply

Gudru

30 minutes ago

Cancer Research Points to Key Unknowns about Popular “Antiaging” Supplements
The health promises of boosting an important metabolic molecule may be clouded by its possible role in promoting cancer-cell growth
www.scientificamerican.com

Thoughts on this?

+1Reply

x30001
Ghk-cu maxing

10 minutes ago

Gudru said:
Holy ***t, should I buy it right away? This sounds insanely interesting and I"m really curious what else it could do.

x30001:
No don't buy it. You need to understand it's distinct purpose and how it reverses mitochondrial aging. You won't have skin issues if your skin cells are completely healthy, with perfect mitochondrial functioning in each cell. Skin cells, and EVERY cell. You should look into intermittent fasting and how fasting can activate AMPK, and all kinds of autophagy. You should also look into what autophagy is. Autophagy is a state your body can enter where it recycles old proteins and gets rid of useless cells, allowing new cells to grow and letting your body and brain work to the best of their abilities. There's an autophagic pathway called PDK2 which activates some of the most powerful exogenous anti-oxidants we have. It's just about taking a whole load of polyphenols and anti-oxidants through supplements. What we want is to achieve a heightened state of hormesis by constantly exposing ourselves to different kinds of mild oxidative stress, in which our body will upregulate its endogenous anti-oxidant defense systems. There's so many longevity/anti-aging pathways that most people living today have never activated. People just eat frequently and keep the insulin signalling cascade active, never allowing AMPK to become active. Anabolism/Catabolism basically refers to growth and self eating. The ultimate consequence of anabolism is death through growth of tumors, cancer cells, or any disease.. diabetes, getting obese (fat is inflammatory). The ultimate consequence of catabolism is death by starvation. Balancing anabolism and catabolism is so integral; but nobody ever puts themselves in a state or caloric/nutrient deprivation, because they're addicted to food and are unaware of the extreme health benefits of caloric restriction. When you restrict calories, your NAD+ also increases. Hunter Gatherers millions of years ago used to go for periods of fasting and feasting. They'd exercise in an energy deprived state, hunt their food, experience the benefits of adrenaline whilst using the AMPK fuel channel due to the absence of insulin signalling. Then they'd eat their food, usually meat or fish (no carbs, no refined bull**** sugars), they'd get all their minerals/vitamins, and they'd go to sleep, keeping a good circadian rhythm as we should as we are diurnal creatures. They'd expose themselves to cold and heat. Lighting bonfires at night to keep them warm (fire only inhibits melatonin by 2%). You can check how detrimental blue light exposure is at night. Even red light exposure inhibits melatonin production by 40%. We have cold-shock and heat-shock proteins in our body, which are very beneficial to health and longevity. All this is hardwired into our biology, from millions of years ago. But the world we live in wants us to eat 3 meals per day, keeping insulin signalling active all the time, and keeping us in an overly anabolic state. No wonder people are getting diabetes and cancer.

Reactions:
Gudru

x30001
Ghk-cu maxing

7 minutes ago

Gudru said:

Cancer Research Points to Key Unknowns about Popular “Antiaging” Supplements
The health promises of boosting an important metabolic molecule may be clouded by its possible role in promoting cancer-cell growth
www.scientificamerican.com

Thoughts on this?

x30001:
Well it's not even possible to supplement with NAD, so even if you were to consume raw NAD powder, the molecule would be too large to enter your cell. You'd need to take NMN. NR can work too but is far less effective and converts to NAM (Nicotinamide Adenine Mononucleotide), so I'm really unsure how much NR actually converts to real intracellular NAD+ in the end.

Reactions:
Gudru

Gudru

6 minutes ago

x30001 said:
No don't buy it. You need to understand it's distinct purpose and how it reverses mitochondrial aging. You won't have skin issues if your skin cells are completely healthy, with perfect mitochondrial functioning in each cell. Skin cells, and EVERY cell. You should look into intermittent fasting and how fasting can activate AMPK, and all kinds of autophagy. You should also look into what autophagy is. Autophagy is a state your body can enter where it recycles old proteins and gets rid of useless cells, allowing new cells to grow and letting your body and brain work to the best of their abilities. There's an autophagic pathway called PDK2 which activates some of the most powerful exogenous anti-oxidants we have. It's just about taking a whole load of polyphenols and anti-oxidants through supplements. What we want is to achieve a heightened state of hormesis by constantly exposing ourselves to different kinds of mild oxidative stress, in which our body will upregulate its endogenous anti-oxidant defense systems. There's so many longevity/anti-aging pathways that most people living today have never activated. People just eat frequently and keep the insulin signalling cascade active, never allowing AMPK to become active. Anabolism/Catabolism basically refers to growth and self eating. The ultimate consequence of anabolism is death through growth of tumors, cancer cells, or any disease.. diabetes, getting obese (fat is inflammatory). The ultimate consequence of catabolism is death by starvation. Balancing anabolism and catabolism is so integral; but nobody ever puts themselves in a state or caloric/nutrient deprivation, because they're addicted to food and are unaware of the extreme health benefits of caloric restriction. When you restrict calories, your NAD+ also increases. Hunter Gatherers millions of years ago used to go for periods of fasting and feasting. They'd exercise in an energy deprived state, hunt their food, experience the benefits of adrenaline whilst using the AMPK fuel channel due to the absence of insulin signalling. Then they'd eat their food, usually meat or fish (no carbs, no refined bull**** sugars), they'd get all their minerals/vitamins, and they'd go to sleep, keeping a good circadian rhythm as we should as we are diurnal creatures. They'd expose themselves to cold and heat. Lighting bonfires at night to keep them warm (fire only inhibits melatonin by 2%). You can check how detrimental blue light exposure is at night. Even red light exposure inhibits melatonin production by 40%. We have cold-shock and heat-shock proteins in our body, which are very beneficial to health and longevity. All this is hardwired into our biology, from millions of years ago. But the world we live in wants us to eat 3 meals per day, keeping insulin signalling active all the time, and keeping us in an overly anabolic state. No wonder people are getting diabetes and cancer.
So what should I do then? The problem is I'm naturally lean, I used to be very skinny as a younger kid and I still wanna gain weight. Is intermittent fasting the only way to allow AMPK to become active?

+1Reply

Gudru

6 minutes ago

x30001 said:
Well it's not even possible to supplement with NAD, so even if you were to consume raw NAD powder, the molecule would be too large to enter your cell. You'd need to take NMN. NR can work too but is far less effective and converts to NAM (Nicotinamide Adenine Mononucleotide), so I'm really unsure how much NR actually converts to real intracellular NAD+ in the end.
What should we do instead?

+1Reply

x30001
Ghk-cu maxing

5 minutes ago

x30001 said:
There's an autophagic pathway called PDK2 which activates some of the most powerful exogenous anti-oxidants we have.
Meant to say *endogenous

Reactions:
Gudru

x30001
Ghk-cu maxing

1 minute ago

Gudru said:
So what should I do then? The problem is I'm naturally lean, I used to be very skinny as a younger kid and I still wanna gain weight. Is intermittent fasting the only way to allow AMPK to become active?

x30001:
Just research and learn how everything works. AKT/AMPK are like a 2-way switch. They can't both be active at the same time; and AKT is activated through insulin. So yeah, AMPK is activated when in a fasted state. Supplements like Berberine are extremely powerful and speed up the process of entering AMPK and also target the Sirtuin pathway. People consider Berberine to be a better alternative to Metformin, even though Berberine is just a herbal supplement and not a pharmaceutical.

You should also look into telomeres and how they can be shortened and how you can prevent the shortening of them. There's a lot to digest and the rabbit-hole really is never ending.

Watch Siim Lands videos on YouTube, that's a good place to start and it's not that complicated or advanced.

Report Edit

OP
A

Ableton

Nice one. Berberine is the perfect replacement for metformin. Same effects, possibly more effective. Pterostilbene instead of resveratrol due to better bioavailability and basically being the same as resveratrol itself. NMN and NR really not needed unless you're an oldcel since calorie restriction and exercise can increase NAD+ levels anyways.

PQQ for PGC1 alpha activation and mitochondrial biogenesis + free radical scavanging.
Pterostilbene/Resveratrol for SIRT1 activation.
Berberine for AMPK, SIRT1 and TBC1D1 activation
Exposure to extremities in pressure and temperature for hormetic adaptions (saunas) + to activate FOXO3
CoQ10, ALCAR, methylcobalamin for mitochondrial performance (included in PQQ energy NOW foods supplement)
Blueberries to increase cyclic AMP
Coleus Forskohlli to activate CREB (cyclic AMP response-element binding protein) and to activate PKA (protein kinase A). AKT being PKB (Protein Kinase B). Rapamycin shouldn't be used since caloric restriction, exercise and Berberine can inhibit mTOR and activate AMPK at the same time whilst Metformin alone cannot.

Exercising in an energy deficit is incredibly underrated. Hormetic upregulation is also incredibly misunderstood and underrated. Fasting for autophagic benefits is also very important.

Creating senescent cells and preventing apoptosis and protein misfoldings is also incredibly important. Being aware of what causes DNA damage and using Astragalus to prevent telomere shortening is also very important as once you've reached your hayflick limit, your DNA will be damaged due to there not being any telomeres to protect you chromosomes anymore. But your telomeres degrade at different rates on each chromosome anyways. Using fisetin can also repair DNA damage. But all this info is useless unless used in an extremely specific protocol anyways. Using CRISPR (eventually) to prevent genetic diseases and to activate the ACTN3 gene, changing the MSTN gene to have 1 or 2 G-Alleles rather than being Thymine/Adinene would also cause a mutation allowing you to hold more skeletal muscle due to having less myostatin, which'll have pro-longevity effects.

As you get older, supplementing with NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide) will help you maintain high NAD+ levels to allow you to metabolize energy in a more efficient way and to keep you healthier even if you can't exercise as much as you'd like (like David Sinclair). NMN enters the outer membrane of cells but gets transported to the inner membrane through an enzyme called Slc12a8. Direct supplementation with NAD+ does not work since the molecule is too large for pretty much every cell. Pyrroloquinoline Quinone is pretty much the best supplement for mitochondrial biogenesis and PGC1 alpha activation, but needs to be used in a very specific protocol. Even helps muscle growth due to increased mitochondrial density and functioning, especially when coupled with CoQ10 or Ubiquitinol (the active form of CoQ10). NR isn't anywhere near as effective as NMN since NR can't convert to NMN or NAD+ directly and cannot enter the inner membrane of cells since Slc12a8 can only transport 1 Nicotinamide Nucleotide (as NMN) and not Nicotinamide Riboside. NR converts to Nicotinamide Adenine Mononeuclotide (NAM) and then to a far less available form of NAD.

Lots of people talk about loss of DNA methylation as a reason for "closed growth plates" which is such rubbish. Loss of DNA methylation is a serious problem and MSM / SAM-e supplementation does not prevent a loss of DNA methylation. IDK who started all that nonsense but loss of MTHFR functioning and hence low amounts of methylated B vitamins, especially B9 which is a precursor to Thymine will cause a loss of DNA methylation over time. Just because MSM is a methyl donor and direct SAM-e supplementation can circumvent the homocysteine -> methionine (SAM-e) conversion, does not assure you can fix the root problem, being MTHFR gene disfunction. If your MTHFR is working properly in the first place, supplementation with those compounds without rhyme or reason can actually lead to problems with MTHFR functioning and hence loss of DNA methylation. And I don't know how loss of DNA methylation can directly cause your growth plates to close because I haven't read up on that. But if you're deficient in the precursor to Thymine, that being MethylFolate (B9), then you're bound to have problems with your DNA since Thymine is one of the 4 nucleotide bases of Deoxyribosenucleic Acid (Thymine, Guanine, Cytosine, Adenine).

Also look into epigenetic practices. Meditation etc. Your environment can definitely influence gene expression in a good or bad way, dependant on your environment. That's one of the reasons why meditation and lack of stress is so important. MTHFR disfunction can also prevent your body from turning genes off. So it's really important that your methylation is in check.

This is just a brief rundown of the Anti-Age pill. The rabbithole is never ending. David Sinclair's work on resveratrol and NMN have been ground breaking. But NMN is definitely not needed until older age and exercise and fasting is certainly underlooked, as he stated himself. Instead of frequent eating and infrequent exercise (Office job visiting the bagel stand at lunch), you should be doing the opposite; Frequent exercise and infrequent eating; eating inherently good foods when you need to eat. Avoiding sugar, carbohydrates etc.

Things that decline as you grow older:

CoQ10 levels
NAD+ levels
GHK-cu levels
BDNF levels (Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor)

OP
A

Ableton

No problem. I only write this ***t when I'm wired on ritalin and have some time at home where I cba to write this stuff. I looked into Shilajit and it's a great herb/adaptagen but doesn't help with anything that other herbs like astragalus do. PQQ+CoQ10(Ubiquitinol form)+ALCAR=methylb12 is enough to make sure mitochondrial density and functioning is top notch, (along with exercising, caloric restriction and everything else non supplement-wise). I write this stuff because I real feel it's the foundation of looksmaxing; and that can be proven objectively. Applying all the anti-aging techniques and practices helps out a lot more than looking for quick fixes and one offs, as it's never ending progression opposed to a lot of gimmicky "stop-start" stuff that's always been shared on here. I've been apprehensive to share this stuff and I haven't shared absolutely everything I've learned. But understanding it is the most important thing and I want people who really want to better themselves, to understand this stuff and apply it to themselves for the better.

Also @her I appreciate you giving credit/acknowledgement because a lot of the time it feels like it's not worth sharing information at all

The ideal looksmaxing "stack" imo for a teen or young adult would be:

Berberine
Pterostilbene
PQQ energy (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, ALCAR, methylB12, CoQ10)
Fisetin
Coleus Forskholli

... That's it for the supplements.

Then the most important part is everything else. Because literally everything matters.

Intermittent Fasting
Perfect Sleep
Low Carb
Getting enough omega3s, avoiding omega6s like sunflower oil etc, getting enough vitamin E.
Getting into autophagy from time to time but not too often. Understanding the role of endogenous anti-inflammatory cytokines and the role of the NRF2 and ULK1 pathways.
Understanding that microneedling is a form of autophagy selective to skin cells. (using derminator2 and not some ***t device)
Exercising everyday you can. Resistance (weight training), HIIT, sauna bathing, cold showers, nofap.
Using Stinging Nettle Root and Diindolylmethane if you need to.
Understanding that acne can be treated at a cellular level and Retinoids are just treating a symptom and are better applied to skin which doesn't have dead cells or dysfunctional mitochondria and proteins.

And a lot lot more

OP
A

Ableton

He has also written on hair loss in specific regards to wnt-signalling and believes samumed will come out with a cure @GorillaHead

pretty fun to dig this up ngl

Quelsatron

Seems like the typical david sinclair/dave asprey/joe rogan sphere advice, nothing new and mostly contradictory to peats views.

Summer

No lie, sometimes I daydream about stumbling upon an unknown forum where a small group of brainiacs have figured everything out.

OP
A

Ableton

No lie, sometimes I daydream about stumbling upon an unknown forum where a small group of brainiacs have figured everything out.

No lie, if it happens anywhere, it's going to be an incel forum, 100%
Nothing unleashes greatness more in men than sex withdrawal

Summer

No lie, if it happens anywhere, it's going to be an incel forum, 100%

I don’t know. I sometimes picture it being a forum for an outdated version of Microsoft Excel or something dumb. Somewhere they know people won’t look.

OP
A

Ableton

But first they should go outside and meet people

trust me, this is not a quality top tier researchers who actually find paradigm shifts and stuff like that typically display
the incel personality is perfect for this. and don't forget ritalin

although I was a bit sarcastic in my comment, granted

OP
A

Ableton

I'm trying to contact him btw, he has hinted that he changed a couple of his views since then.

Will ask him about thyroid, sugar/carbs for sure.

I do not bet on him replying though

OP
A

Ableton

if you guys have good questions I might ask them as well

alephx

This is interesting stuff, I would mostly try to ask how does it end up looking lifestyle and diet wise for him. Also, what kind of results he has seen so far and in what period of time? Like going in what are his goals? (Looksmaxxing?) You mentioned he has made some adjustments: What are things he now thinks are wrong/misguided as compared to his previous understanding?

Would be great to reconcile this with the Peaty viewpoint

Grischbal

I'm trying to contact him btw, he has hinted that he changed a couple of his views since then.

Will ask him about thyroid, sugar/carbs for sure.

I do not bet on him replying though
Not worth arguing/discussing with him

First hand experience

schultz

Looksmaxxing? Lol!! That's hilarious.

Whatever happened to referring to it simply as "being healthy". Now it has to be some internet lingo? I find it just as annoying as when people started saying they were "hacking" their body.

Grischbal

Looksmaxxing? Lol!! That's hilarious.

Whatever happened to referring to it simply as "being healthy". Now it has to be some internet lingo? I find it just as annoying as when people started saying they were "hacking" their body.
Health is barely talked about in the looksmaxxing section

If it is health then either Vegans, Carnivores, Ket ect. ... or buying thousand supplements

The main topic in looksmaxxing are surgeries like LeFort 1 or "softmaxxes" like Tretinoin, SARMs, Hairloss protocols.

They all underestimate real, non-ideologie driven diets like bioenergetic diet per Peat.

I only know a few users there who know Peat and only 2 as of now who adhere to a Peaty diet like @ageistheblackestpill and @Dr Shekelberg
Both of which consume alot of milk

If we want to make Ray Peat more popular, then that platform would be a good starter as it became insanely popular in a short time

looksmax.me if interested

OP
A

Ableton

Well he is talking about it.
You are acting as if this guy is your typical looksmax incel

5a-DHP

It's always good to expose yourself to alternative ideas to stop this place from becoming an echo chamber, but as others have mentioned, he's essentially just repeating the words of David Sinclair and Rhonda Patrick. Unfortunately, it's clear from looking at older videos of Sinclair that's he's had botox and, whilst Rhonda doesn't look bad, she does look exactly her age. Sinclair also uses a statin to bring his high cholesterol down, again suggesting he's in a hypometabolic state.

I looked at Siim Land who the op recommended, and he looks extremely hypothryoid to me:

Pale blueish skin, colorless lips, lots of forehead wrinkles and thin eyebrows. You see the same from most people who promote caloric restriction and time-restricted eating, but they're too bogged down in the benefits they think they're getting on paper to even notice and/or care.

There's a reason many people end up on this forum with wrecked health after years of fasting, low carb, caloric restriction and excessive exercise.