Some Doubts About Ashwagandha

faxmulder

Hi guys,

I’m considering starting a trial with ashwgandha (KSM-66) for handling mild anxiety, worrying and overthinking/rumination. I hope it helps also with focus, brain fog and other hypothyroid symptoms.

I’ve seen some experiences of people getting gyno after extended usage. Is it a real risk?
I’ve taken bloodworks and except for low Vit D and luteinizing hormone (LH), the other hormones are in range.

In order to prevent this potential side effect should I stack ash with an anti-aromatase and/or P-5-P, to prevent prolactin and estrogen raises?

My current stack is: magnesium, Vit D, MSM, lysine, shilajit, agmatine, chaga mushroom and sometimes taurine (for sleep).

I’m considering adding also black seed oil later on, since it should help with hay fever and modulation of the immune response - I have an autoimmune disease.

Thanks for your help, as always!

Korven

Personally I wouldn't mess with it, some people have reported long-lasting side effects.

Why not try to bring up your low vitamin D levels instead? Also need sufficient cofactors i.e magnesium, K2, boron, zinc etc.

Pregnenolone is also a nice anxiolytic that you might want to consider.

Zigzag

I ahven't really noticed anything related to increased estrogen or prolactin. Also you can't use it for an extended period of time. Cycling is required.

Andman

i wouldnt touch it tbh, some people get PSSD-like symptoms that can be very long lasting even from small doses

Jessie

Yeah, I personally would stay away from anything that could elicit a serotonin surge. I think the serotonergic effects are dose dependent, but still, unless you've done a lot of research on it then I would 86 it. I think it raises TSH as well, another bad sign.

Fexxx

Ashwaghanda is an emergency Tool for me and works fantastic for Panic and Social anxiety Attacks.

OP
F

faxmulder

Personally I wouldn't mess with it, some people have reported long-lasting side effects.

Why not try to bring up your low vitamin D levels instead? Also need sufficient cofactors i.e magnesium, K2, boron, zinc etc.

Pregnenolone is also a nice anxiolytic that you might want to consider.
Thanks man, which dosage of pregnenolone? Does it cause changes in hormone levels in any way?

OP
F

faxmulder

i wouldnt touch it tbh, some people get PSSD-like symptoms that can be very long lasting even from small doses
Thanks man,

I was thinking that taking ash alongside lysine would counter -balance the serotonin raise.

What do you recommend in place of ash for anxiety, worrying, overthinking and focus/brain fog, without impairing testosterone and libido?

Do you think that one among black seed oil, CBD oil, magnolia bark, cordyceps or sulbutiamine could help?

thanks!

Andman

Thanks man,

I was thinking that taking ash alongside lysine would counter -balance the serotonin raise.

What do you recommend in place of ash for anxiety, worrying, overthinking and focus/brain fog, without impairing testosterone and libido?

Do you think that one among black seed oil, CBD oil, magnolia bark, cordyceps or sulbutiamine could help?

thanks!

still wouldnt risk it tbh, when theres tons of safer substances around

have you tried cypro, theanine, progesterone, aspirin etc?

Korven

Thanks man, which dosage of pregnenolone? Does it cause changes in hormone levels in any way?

Shouldn't cause any issues in reasonable amounts (30-50 mg per day), probably a good idea to start small at 5-10 mg and adjust according to response.

But yeah before taking preg I would first focus on basic things such as getting vitamin D up, lots of magnesium, get enough salt, explore emotional/spiritual side of anxiety etc.

OP
F

faxmulder

still wouldnt risk it tbh, when theres tons of safer substances around

have you tried cypro, theanine, progesterone, aspirin etc?
Only tried theanine and it’s giving me “sadness” after extended usage - don’t know why, I think I’ll do another trial.

Do you know if cypro is OTC in Europe?

thanks

Elie

Forum Supporter
Hi guys,

I’m considering starting a trial with ashwgandha (KSM-66) for handling mild anxiety, worrying and overthinking/rumination. I hope it helps also with focus, brain fog and other hypothyroid symptoms.

I’ve seen some experiences of people getting gyno after extended usage. Is it a real risk?
I’ve taken bloodworks and except for low Vit D and luteinizing hormone (LH), the other hormones are in range.

In order to prevent this potential side effect should I stack ash with an anti-aromatase and/or P-5-P, to prevent prolactin and estrogen raises?

My current stack is: magnesium, Vit D, MSM, lysine, shilajit, agmatine, chaga mushroom and sometimes taurine (for sleep).

I’m considering adding also black seed oil later on, since it should help with hay fever and modulation of the immune response - I have an autoimmune disease.

Thanks for your help, as always!

Have you ever tried Rhodiola. I've gotten positive feedback related to anxiety and rumination on the use of a brand I work with (cultivated in Canada).
Also. likely a good idea to cycle. every couple of months.

OP
F

faxmulder

Have you ever tried Rhodiola. I've gotten positive feedback related to anxiety and rumination on the use of a brand I work with (cultivated in Canada).
Also. likely a good idea to cycle. every couple of months.
thanks man, I'll look into rhodiola. Does it have effects on libido like ash?

Elie

Forum Supporter
thanks man, I'll look into rhodiola. Does it have effects on libido like ash?

Not any adverse effects. It may actually support it. Once heard an interview where Peat speaks of Rhodiola rosea and the ginsengs as plants that provide substances that are catatoxic - kill toxicity or stress by counteracting the stress hormones by mimicking the effect of the hormones of vitality (e.g. testosterone).

Frankdee20

It has been purported to lower cortisol and raise GABA somehow, but that’s not all it does. I felt pretty agitated on it, and stopped after a week or so. It blocks the breakdown enzyme for acetylcholine, so that in and of itself makes one feel shitty. It also effects 5ht1a and 5ht2a, with the net effect being more serotonin

Elie

Forum Supporter
It has been purported to lower cortisol and raise GABA somehow, but that’s not all it does. I felt pretty agitated on it, and stopped after a week or so. It blocks the breakdown enzyme for acetylcholine, so that in and of itself makes one feel shitty. It also effects 5ht1a and 5ht2a, with the net effect being more serotonin

You felt agitated when taking it on full or empty stomach? I find agitation, which is reported to occur in a small percentage of users, mainly happens in these people on an empty stomach. Did it matter in your case?

Frankdee20

You felt agitated when taking it on full or empty stomach? I find agitation, which is reported to occur in a small percentage of users, mainly happens in these people on an empty stomach. Did it matter in your case?

It didn’t matter, I know what high acetylcholine feels like, and this had to be why... too much choline will also cause depression, anhedonic type, rumination type.

OP
F

faxmulder

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals