Some Doctors Moving Away From Ventilators For Virus Patients

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"As health officials around the world push to get more ventilators to treat coronavirus patients, some doctors are moving away from using the breathing machines when they can.

The reason: Some hospitals have reported unusually high death rates for coronavirus patients on ventilators, and some doctors worry that the machines could be harming certain patients."

More at link:
Some doctors moving away from ventilators for virus patients

Beastmode

At the store recently a lady all geared up with gloves and a face mask passed out while standing in line.

She regained consciousness fast and the EMT arrived with good ole Oxygen and carted her off to the hospital.

Before the medics arrived I suggested a sandwich bag for her to calm down as she was hyperventilating. The manager brought her one and someone yelled out "Don't give her anything!"

My guess is she was simply overwhelmed being out of the house and had an anxiety attack of some sorts.

I hope she doesn't end up down stream on one of these death devices.

At the store recently a lady all geared up with gloves and a face mask passed out while standing in line.

She regained consciousness fast and the EMT arrived with good ole Oxygen and carted her off to the hospital.

Before the medics arrived I suggested a sandwich bag for her to calm down as she was hyperventilating. The manager brought her one and someone yelled out "Don't give her anything!"

My guess is she was simply overwhelmed being out of the house and had an anxiety attack of some sorts.

I hope she doesn't end up down stream on one of these death devices.

you are probably right. Smart move. So they never had her bag breathe?

thomas00

I wonder how many patients had to die before they started to doubt the wisdom of their treatment

The hysterical fears about insufficient ICU beds and ventilators was pretty much the driving justification behind the lockdown

Beastmode

you are probably right. Smart move. So they never had her bag breathe?

No, the genius who screamed when the manager was handing her a bag, got his way.

The other thing they tried to do was give her water. I really didn't want to get into it with anyone so vetoed my other idea of possibly giving something with sugar in it....ha

RealNeat

Anyone know how to copy a message convo from instagram? I just had a very interesting conversation with a emergency room doctor from NY, he's been on the news a few times. I might just have to type it out.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anyone know how to copy a message convo from instagram? I just had a very interesting conversation with a emergency room doctor from NY, he's been on the news a few times. I might just have to type it out.
Can you screenshot it?

theLaw

Posted @charlie link on another thread as well as a couple of videos referencing the possible mechanism used.

Can also confirm from nurse in my family that her hospital is now only using vents as a last resort as they are aware of the higher fatality for patients after being placed on a ventilator.

The question is why didn't Italy, Spain or France come to this same conclusion?:eek:

rei

The less freedom a doctor has the more they get programmed to just follow the guidelines. Here the guidelines were completely wrong and the treatment result was accordingly.

Even when USA doctors have lost a huge amount of practice freedom over the last decades, the situation in EU is an order of magnitude worse, with doctors having next to no independent decision making, they simply implement guidelines. It won't be long before they will be in large part replaced by AI, or in the first wave nurses that use software when doctors are "understaffed".

Wagner83

Posted @charlie link on another thread as well as a couple of videos referencing the possible mechanism used.

Can also confirm from nurse in my family that her hospital is now only using vents as a last resort as they are aware of the higher fatality for patients after being placed on a ventilator.

The question is why didn't Italy, Spain or France come to this same conclusion?:eek:
The US has had more time and more data (gathered by the countries you mentioned, among other ones) to adapt its response to it.
The less freedom a doctor has the more they get programmed to just follow the guidelines. Here the guidelines were completely wrong and the treatment result was accordingly.

Even when USA doctors have lost a huge amount of practice freedom over the last decades, the situation in EU is an order of magnitude worse, with doctors having next to no independent decision making, they simply implement guidelines. It won't be long before they will be in large part replaced by AI, or in the first wave nurses that use software when doctors are "understaffed".
What about the famous Raoult who treats patients in his hospital as he pleases and encourages everyone to test his treatment ?

How would you expect doctors to react to a virus which nobody knows how to treat ? I can understand why most would follow general guidelines. For example, some people have apparently gotten much worse 'simply' from using anti-inflammatories (at least Ibuprofen). I doubt they put people on respirators if they don't need it, especially if we consider there aren't enough of them.

theLaw

I doubt they put people on respirators if they don't need it, especially if we consider there aren't enough of them.

This problem was not as simple as it seems. The doc who spoke out publicly about this noticed that there were conflicting signs with these patients between their behaviour and their o2 stats, making it difficult to determine how to treat.

Keep in mind that these docs are trained that "when in doubt, intubate".

David PS

Keep in mind that these docs are trained that "when in doubt, intubate".

Yes. It is very difficult to get win a lawsuit for medical malpractice against a doctor or other medical professional if they follow the cookbook guidelines when things to not go well for the patient. The desire to be protected by the guidelines makes it difficult to entice doctors to experiment with unrecognized (outside the guidelines) non-pharmaceutical things like vitamins and herbs.

CoconutEffect

Was it Dr Cameron Kyle-Sidell?

you should be able to copy and paste if you access Instagram from your phone / computer via a browser

PM me your IG handle?

David PS

RealNeat

Was it Dr Cameron Kyle-Sidell?

you should be able to copy and paste if you access Instagram from your phone / computer via a browser

PM me your IG handle?

no Calvin Sun i think his name is.

yerrag

No, the genius who screamed when the manager was handing her a bag, got his way.
You shoulda told him you have a PhD in Organic Pulp Container Resuscitation Science. He would then bow down and assisted you.

Or to brag about your RPF membership. simply say you have a PhD in OPCR Science.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals