Some aromatase inhibitors (AI) are estrogenic

T

TheBeard

Hey i got no libido either. But that's what happens when ya hit 50.

that's what happens when you let serotonin take over.
Aging isn't the cause, it's just that you had more time to let your body degenerate.
Look into the world's oldest father.
Indian dude impregnated his wife at 96 and he looks 65.
Lives of raw milk, eggs and almonds.

Jon2547

I most likely have elevated serotonin. I'm just now trying to figure this all out. I've been using pau darco tea and ginger and eating a raw carrot every other day. Any other suggestions?
I don't really want to start using some of the substances that the forum members here use, just want to do it all natural.

T

TheBeard

I most likely have elevated serotonin. I'm just now trying to figure this all out. I've been using pau darco tea and ginger and eating a raw carrot every other day. Any other suggestions?
I don't really want to start using some of the substances that the forum members here use, just want to do it all natural.

It's cool to try to stay natural. I tried for 5 years.
My life changed for the better when after those 5 years I started antibiotics and hormones.

Jon2547

Which antibiotics and hormones if you don't mind me asking? Also, on the hormones, what is better pregnelone or progesterone?

T

TheBeard

Which antibiotics and hormones if you don't mind me asking? Also, on the hormones, what is better pregnelone or progesterone?

Xifaxan
Augmentin
Azithromycin

I don't care for either preg or prog, I only use Testosterone, Proviron, Masteron, and pure DHT.

Frankdee20

Xifaxan
Augmentin
Azithromycin

I don't care for either preg or prog, I only use Testosterone, Proviron, Masteron, and pure DHT.
How does Proviron differ from Masteron and which one is better for avoiding feedback loops ?

meatbag

Camphosal and lapodin from idealabs are good in my experience
PUFA And Serotonin Promote Each Other, And Likely Cause Mental Illness

niacinamide, aspirin, and caffeine all lower serotonin. So does vitamin D in a healthy range (50)
Caffeine Is A Serotonin Receptor Antagonist
Aspirin Safe And Effective For Prevention AND Treatment Of Migraine
Niacinamide Is Both A Serotonin And Tryptophan Antagonist
Vitamin D Is Dopaminergic And Decreases Obesity And Addiction Behaviors

Last edited:
Yes you can have high prolactin and low estrogen even tho estrogen promotes prolactin lol.
When you ejaculate you get higher prolactin,but you can have baseline low estrogen levels in the meantime.
Or maybe if you have chronic high prolactin and you take an estrogen blocker,the prolactin shouldn't lower very fast.
I'm not negating the principles of RP's model as you are,you are clearly seeing the connection of low libido with low estrogen. That doesn't represent ray peat work and i agree with ray that low estrogen doesn't cause libido problems. Keep going with your stuff.
I believe this low estradiol/high prolactin concept is a thing because I have it. I also have bad adhd.

A proper amount of estradiol is needed for dopamine neurons. Low estradiol can lead to varying levels of low dopamine and therefore prolactin is unopposed.

T

TheBeard

I believe this low estradiol/high prolactin concept is a thing because I have it. I also have bad adhd.

A proper amount of estradiol is needed for dopamine neurons. Low estradiol can lead to varying levels of low dopamine and therefore prolactin is unopposed.

Same here.
Low e2 and high prolactin, feel like ***t.
On testosterone cream I feel amazing.

T

TheBeard

Low e2 and low prolactin is better.

Not for me.
Aromasin has the effect of bringing my prolactin very low, so I know what low e2 low prolactin feels like.
Not a place where I ever want to be again.

Gûs80

Not for me.
Aromasin has the effect of bringing my prolactin very low, so I know what low e2 low prolactin feels like.
Not a place where I ever want to be again.
My 2 cents...

Dr Ben Lynch, in Dirty Genes, demonstrates that two common polymorphisms alter the way a person processes estrogen, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.

Slow Comt and Slow MAOa are poor metabolizers and tend to accumulate estrogen, dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine.

I believe they are the ones that do well with low estrogen, as E2 has been proven to inhibit MAOa, causing: anxiety, bipolarity, schizophrenia.

Fast Comt and Fast MAOa are those that metabolize stogen, NE, DP, SE very fast.

I believe that they are precisely those who benefit from TRT and consequently from the decrease in MAOa by aromatized E2. They are those who are more prone to depression and feel that TRT acts as an anti-depressant.