Some aromatase inhibitors (AI) are estrogenic

5a-DHP

how do you lower prolactin ? without things like lisuride or others
It's primarily tied to estrogen, as estrogen stimulates proliferation of prolactin-producing lactotrophs of the anterior pituitary; it's why AIs also lower prolactin.
Accordingly, vitamins D, K2 and E, b-vits, thyroid, progesterone, etc, are all effective interventions.
High dose vitamin D + B6 will put my prolactin below range.

PaRa

It's primarily tied to estrogen, as estrogen stimulates proliferation of prolactin-producing lactotrophs of the anterior pituitary; it's why AIs also lower prolactin.

I asked because I have low T and low E (as I'm at like 12% BF and low aromatase activity) but highish prolactin on bloods
I'm balding MBP like at 22 and puffy/ fatty (not hard like a real gyno) nipples despite the low bodyfat so I was thinking about a prolactin issue

5a-DHP

I asked because I have low T and low E (as I'm at like 12% BF and low aromatase activity) but highish prolactin on bloods
I'm balding MBP like at 22 and puffy/ fatty (not hard like a real gyno) nipples despite the low bodyfat so I was thinking about a prolactin issue
Serum estrogen isn't a good measure of systemic estrogen status - primarily because estradiol, estrone and estriol are paracrine hormones in men, meaning they're produced and used in their tissue of origin without ever having to enter serum. What are your actual lab values w/ ranges? Have you had your thyroid function measured?

T

TheBeard

some side effect of the drug. Imbalanced estrogenic effects in some places but not others? This is how progestins compare to progesterone, if not in more ways.

It should give you some clue how far out medicine is when progestins are used as contraceptive, when progesterone is essential for pregnancy. Yet progestins are almost universally talked about as "progesterone", even in scientific literature. Sometimes you need to dig DEEP to see that a progesterone study actually used a progestin, as it is not in any way indicated in the study itself, you need to go dig patent filings based on the product name given.... Most of medicine is corrupt TO THE CORE

And when the cracky joints and tanked libido happens exactly the same as Exemestane with pure DHT and Proviron, it's also bacause the drugs Stanolone and Proviron directly make me feel like this?

That's a huge coincidence considering they all lower estrogen, isn't it?

Razvan

Didn't even address any of the points I made, instead resorting to aggression and personal insults that are unrelated to the point of contention. Why are you so quick to anger? Not a good look, my man.
Regardless, the message you're responding to wasn't even aimed at you - otherwise I'd have @'d, so chill tf out and we'll revert back to having what was previously an objective discussion where all can benefit.
You don't know what is happening right now,maybe some
Accordingly, vitamins D, K2 and E, b-vits, thyroid, progesterone, etc, are all effective interventions.
High dose vitamin D + B6 will put my prolactin below range.
Wrong.

5a-DHP

Last edited:

5a-DHP

What doses and which form? I take 10,000IU D3 daily already.
I take 15 drops of thorne's D3/K2 liquid - comes out to 7.5k IU D3 and 1.5mg K2, with serum vitamin D falling around 150 nmol/l.
I also take 10mg P-5-P per day.

Razvan

What? I don't speak broken English so you'll have to elaborate.

You're really going to dispute the fact that estrogen promotes prolactin production - one of the core principles central to RP's model - just because you're butthurt? Bit childish, my dude.
Estrogen Receptors and Signaling Pathways in Lactotropes and Somatotropes
Yes you can have high prolactin and low estrogen even tho estrogen promotes prolactin lol.
When you ejaculate you get higher prolactin,but you can have baseline low estrogen levels in the meantime.
Or maybe if you have chronic high prolactin and you take an estrogen blocker,the prolactin shouldn't lower very fast.
I'm not negating the principles of RP's model as you are,you are clearly seeing the connection of low libido with low estrogen. That doesn't represent ray peat work and i agree with ray that low estrogen doesn't cause libido problems. Keep going with your stuff.

5a-DHP

Yes you can have high prolactin and low estrogen even tho estrogen promotes prolactin lol.
I know, which is why I said "it's primarily tied to estrogen", and not "it's entirely tied to estrogen" - don't strawman.

T

TheBeard

When you ejaculate you get higher prolactin,but you can have baseline low estrogen levels in the meantime.
Or maybe if you have chronic high prolactin and you take an estrogen blocker,the prolactin shouldn't lower very fast.
I'm not negating the principles of RP's model as you are,you are clearly seeing the connection of low libido with low estrogen. That doesn't represent ray peat work and i agree with ray that low estrogen doesn't cause libido problems. Keep going with your stuff.

Is that book knowledge, or first-hand knowledge?

I've experimented quite a bit with steroids, and can tell you that invariably, low estrogen = low libido, no matter how you adjust all other variables.

Razvan

Is that book knowledge, or first-hand knowledge?

I've experimented quite a bit with steroids, and can tell you that invariably, low estrogen = low libido, no matter how you adjust all other variables.
Book and experience. Never low libido from blocking estradiol.

T

TheBeard

High Gaba can cause ED.

Libido and ED are two very different issues.

My erections on Exemestane could cut through diamond, I just don't feel aroused or like having sex at all.

Frankdee20

So when I take Exemestane and within 4 days my joints hurt and my libido tanks, and this scenario has happened the exact same way around 10 times every single time I take Exemestane, what is the cause of my cracky joints and low
Book and experience. Never low libido from blocking estradiol.
It’s just proof that people respond differently, and perhaps you’re the exception to the typical experience

Jon2547

Hey i got no libido either. But that's what happens when ya hit 50.

Frankdee20

Libido and ED are two very different issues.

My erections on Exemestane could cut through diamond, I just don't feel aroused or like having sex at all.
Well, I guess the opposite scenario could be worse ... I think libido is very transient and this shows that you could still do the deed if need be