Solving my hormonal issues (with a SERM?)

noqcks

Im going to be honest. I have no ******* idea how the endocrine system works, which is why I'm reaching out for help.

I've had gynocomastia since around 16 years of age and have never been able to rid myself of it.
Additionally, I seem to have some interesting things going on with LH/FSH levels and have also been having low libido/ED lately. Feeling more anxious than usual, rather than feeling powerful like I should.

Here's the notes from the blood report:
"The level of FSH is slightly high, though the testosterone level is normal. Higher gonadotropin levels, with low or even normal testosterone levels, suggest that hypogonadism may be present (meaning the testes are working hard to produce enough testosterone). Causes of elevated gonadotrophin levels include side effects from chemotherapy or radiation, infection (eg mumps) and the effects of some medication (eg cimetidine). Signs of hypogonadism might include decrease libido (sexual desire) and erectile problems, decreased body mass, sparse hair growth amongst others. I suggest you have a word with your doctor about this finding if you have any concerns."

I was reading about SERMs and thinking of trying Raloxifene to kill two birds with one stone, as I think it's been known to help both gynocomastia and hypogonadism.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Should I not try a SERM?
Anyone have experience with SERMS?

Profile:
27y/o male
6'3
204lbs

History
- history of chemotherapy at age 19

Problem:
- gynocomastia
- secondary hypogonadism

Bloodwork:
1623874457350.png

stoic

I also have slight gynecomastia since adolescence.

As an adult, the pubertal type is almost impossible to get rid of.

And if you still have hormonal issues, surgery won't solve it permanently.

As far as I know, gynecomastia is always related to high estrogen and/or prolactin.

The first thing I would do, then, is to get more extensive blood tests and start from there.

Personally, I have tried tamoxifen, cabergoline and exemestane, all to no avail.

At the right dosage though, raloxifene or tamoxifen might bring some improvement.

Still, SERMS are actually partly estrogenic, so be careful not to end up in a worse state.

Nero

If you take a serm it will increase serum estrogen since the receptors will be bound and have nowhere to go.

Edit: who told you you had downstream hypogonadism?

Neeters 27

I see this is an old post, but I see your SHBG is high for your age. its probably binding to your Testosterone, rendering it useless. Your man boobs might be from being chubby as a kid, and that can last forever. cant get rid unless you have surgery to be honest.

Richiebogie

If the OP is still around, are you a flabby or lean 92kg? Perhaps by reducing overall flab you will reduce breast flab.

What was your chemotherapy for at age 19? Did you used to eat a lot of fried food or other sources of vegetable oils?