Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

GorillaHead

Due to necessity, I had to figure out what in the world is causing the SIBO, GERD and LPR epidemic happening here on this very forum and around the world. So I started digging and putting pieces of the puzzle together. And what started to become very clear was the gut issues were related to the brain, and I was starting to see that vitamin deficiencies was the likely cause. These deficiencies are B vitamins along with their cofactors, more specifically vitamin B1 and B3. However, as the saying goes, B vitamins run in a constellation so they all need to be in check.

The diseases of Pellagra(B3 deficiency) and Beriberi(B1 deficiency) are said to have been wiped out via fortification of foods. I disagree. Instead, what I think is that we have widespread Beriberi and Pellagra, or simply put, vitamin deficiencies that is causing the gut issues along with all the many other issues that come along with it.

So as I put my hypothesis together, I start finding others who had the same conclusion as I did, we are basically suffering from high calorie malnutrition. One said person who I found is Dr. Derrick Lonsdale who is a pretty smart fella. He is well up on the research behind Thiamine, how it works etc. He has found a lot of the same things that @haidut has found out about Thiamine. In his practice he was finding that many people were indeed deficient of Thiamine and also that Thiamine could be used as a drug per say, to help many things. He himself figured out that disease and illness is from an energy breakdown, all the same things we are saying here on the forum. He is a pretty smart dude, and has a lot of good info. Of course he does not have it all right, as do neither you nor I, but I am pretty impressed with his knowledge nonetheless.

Some key take aways from Dr. Lonsdale I have gotten so far:
-Thiamine blood tests are not reliable, it does not show how much Thiamine in the cell. Bam! Hello!
-For some people the transport mechanism is broken that moves Thiamine into the cell, for these people Thiamine HCL is not gonna work so well. For these people Allithiamine and Lipothiamine will work better due to them not needing the transport mechanism. So it would not matter how much Thiamine you are taking in via diet, if your transport mechanism is broken.
-It is possible to feel worse if you start taking Thiamine and are very deficient of it. This is known as a "refeeding effect".
-He always insists of taking magnesium with Thiamine.
-It can take a while for the systems to come back online, the enzymes and what have nots. It can take time to overcome this deficiency.
-B1 deficiency very easily messes with the nervous system and brain via Dysautonomia. Boom! There is your gut issues starting to come online.

Here is the blog he writes at:
Derrick Lonsdale, MD

So basically this all comes down to an energy issue. And it does not matter how high your thyroid is if you are not meeting the nutrient requirements or how little PUFA you got, if you do not have the basic elements to generate and utilize ATP. Things are not gonna work well, you brain is not gonna fire off right, your gut is not gonna communicate with the brain as it should so things are gonna get #rekt down there, energy for life is gonna start waxing and waning, hair is gonna start falling out and greying, your gonna get old real fast!

Could all the gut issues, constipation, pale poo, ulcerative colitis where you poop blood and your intestines are ripping apart be a simple vitamin deficiency? I think so...

Check out this thread on where I put the pieces together of constipation:
SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

Look what @Scenes said in the thread about constipation and B1:

ATP brother, ATP. Bam!

Check out this thread where I nailed down vitamin B3 deficiency as the potential cause of many digestive issues:
SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"

And this one where B3 aka Niacin wipes out Ulcerative Colitis! On this very forum @Gorrilahead puts his Ulcerative Colitis in "remission" with Niacin.
Niacin Ameliorates Ulcerative Colitis

Or this one where the long forgotten Pellagra is now being called Celiac Disease and due to this reclassification has people chasing unicorns:
The Case Of Mistaken Identity: How Pellagra Now Thought To Be Rare Became Known As Celiac Disease

And what do a lot of the people who have these gut issues complain of, brain fog! Aka, dementia! Well looky what we have here:
Dementia Or Pellagra? Niacin Deficiency In The 21st Century

So, why do a lot of Peaters Peater out on a Peat diet? Try saying that fast while deficient of B3. :D I am thinking it's due to B deficiencies. Things start off good, start seeing great results. However, the weight starts piling on, its not fat, its mostly water weight aka Edema! Guess what is connected to obesity and edema, boom, you got it, Thiamine. The skin issues(Pellegra B3) start to raise their ugly head when pushing up hard on the metabolism. And what else? Sugar. Empty calories like Dr. Lonsdale likes to say(the Dr. is all about the fruit so don't think he is not understanding about needing carbs, good try though! :D ). Sugar(emtpy calorie table sugar) is scientifically proven to worsen B1 deficiency. And guess what else possibly interferes with the B vitamins, coffee. Plus, we start eating "clean" and move away from the unfortified foods. So, then we start pushing our metabolism up hard, calling for even more nutrients, on top of modern day stressors which burn up even more of the B's and what do you got? The perfect storm for Beriberi and Pellagra hell. Or as I would rather say, a simple vitamin deficiency.

so cool that you summarized all this. I wanted to add another piece to the puzzle. But I believe bacteria has a huge influence over b vitamins production. I have recently swapped naicin with Apple pectin. A fiber that gut bacteria turn into niacin. This way I am providing the nutrients locally to my gut specifically.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@charlie and others, I’m wondering if anyone is familiar with the form of b3 called nicotinamide riboside? A friend mentioned it and I’m not familiar with it.

Nokoni

@charlie and others, I’m wondering if anyone is familiar with the form of b3 called nicotinamide riboside? A friend mentioned it and I’m not familiar with it.
Haidut thinks it's at least roughly equivalent to plain niacinamide. I've seen him say something similar to the following in a variety of places:
Given that niacinamide and NR are equally capable of raising NAD levels or stimulating UPRmt, the study effects should be reproducible by using plain niacinamide at the same doses as NR.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Haidut thinks it's at least roughly equivalent to plain niacinamide. I've seen him say something similar to the following in a variety of places:
Awesome, thank you.

somuch4food

I'm thinking this could also explain the rise in GERD and colic in babies. Deficient mothers pass it down to their offspring during pregnancy and the deficiency continue when the baby gets breastfed milk deficient in those vitamins.

I recently gave birth to my second child and he seems to have the same issues regarding reflux as my first.

I'm going to up my Bs, probably with nutritional and brewer's yeast. The pectin for B3 is also interesting. Apples and jams are on the menu!

I'm thinking this could also explain the rise in GERD and colic in babies. Deficient mothers pass it down to their offspring during pregnancy and the deficiency continue when the baby gets breastfed milk deficient in those vitamins.

I recently gave birth to my second child and he seems to have the same issues regarding reflux as my first.

I'm going to up my Bs, probably with nutritional and brewer's yeast. The pectin for B3 is also interesting. Apples and jams are on the menu!

High Salt can be contributing.The amount of NaCl found in natural Foodstuff is very very low.
All systems developed around that relative scarcity.Potassium is the true King.
Now we are Salt-Loading.

Last edited:

Hildy

I truely wish that the recent explosion in gut issues people are having, could be pinpointed at vitamin deficiencies. This need for extra vitamins isn't the root cause of our gut ills though IMHO. I find it suspect and telling that the rise in gut issues has coincided with the rise in the use of glyphosate i.e. "roundup" in our food supply. My personal theory is that heavy glyphosate use in our food supply is creating a bacterial embalance in our guts and overwhelming our systems so that whatever we eat cannot be properly assimilated by our bodies. I also suspect that the overwhelmed gut bacterial environment has caused a rise in obesity by creating an inordinate desire for foods that don't nourish us. That, coupled with the added "excitotoxins" in our processed foods- this is just a man made endotoxic disaster. Our systems are so overwhelmed that whatever we eat is rejected.
So this has created a vitamin deficiency.
In addition, the continual and methodical chemtrail spraying over our food supply, saturating the plants, animals and humans with toxic chemicals and man made nanofibers of mysterious origin,
has led to our bodies to becoming these toxic waste systems, increasingly unable to operate with the effiency that they are supposed to.
That is why antibiotics and certain medicinal herbs help temporarily. But doesn't deal with the "why" we are getting sicker and sicker.
At this point, given that the enormity of the problem is so great, it bests to try and detoxify our bodies as much as we can. Without causing us to become sicker in the process. Finding and eating as much unprocessed food, and taking supplements to clean out heavy metals we are bombarded with. This includes higher dosages of certain vitamins. But that is not the only solution.

Last edited:

somuch4food

I truely wish that the recent explosion in gut issues people are having, could be pinpointed at vitamin deficiencies. This need for extra vitamins isn't the root cause of our gut ills though IMHO. I find it suspect and telling that the rise in gut issues has coincided with the rise in the use of glyphosate i.e. "roundup" in our food supply. My personal theory is that heavy glyphosate use in our food supply is creating a bacterial embalance in our guts and overwhelming our systems so that whatever we eat cannot be properly assimilated by our bodies. I also suspect that the overwhelmed gut bacterial environment has caused a rise in obesity by creating an inordinate desire for foods that don't nourish us. That, coupled with the added "excitotoxins" in our processed foods- this is just a man made endotoxic disaster. Our systems are so overwhelmed that whatever we eat is rejected.
So this has created a vitamin deficiency.
In addition, the continual and methodical chemtrail spraying over our food supply, saturating the plants, animals and humans with toxic chemicals and man made nanofibers of mysterious origin,
has led to our bodies to becoming these toxic waste systems, increasingly unable to operate with the effiency that they are supposed to.
That is why antibiotics and certain medicinal herbs help temporarily. But doesn't deal with the "why" we are getting sicker and sicker.
At this point, given that the enormity of the problem is so great, it bests to try and detoxify our bodies as much as we can. Without causing us to become sicker in the process. Finding and eating as much unprocessed food, and taking supplements to clean out heavy metals we are bombarded with. This includes higher dosages of certain vitamins. But that is not the only solution.

I once thought very similar to you, but it's difficult to pinpoint one element that changed in the last 70 years. It's like we live in a completely different world. PUFA, glyphosate, EMF, endocrine disruptors and so on can all be blamed for our current situation.

Instead of avoiding everything and living under a rock, I'm focusing on finding solutions to help my body cope with this new environment by having an adequate diet, some useful supplements and better lifestyle decisions.

B vitamin deficiency is likely in many people since most processed foods are devoid of B vitamins and full of calories that deplete the few B vitamins the general population intakes. B vitamins are also essential for many processes including gut health.

Bart1

How can people tolerate these high dosages. I can’t tolerate it. I get high adrenalin or cortisol. Even when taken with fruit. Anyone having the same issues? Probably glycogen store issues?

How can people tolerate these high dosages. I can’t tolerate it. I get high adrenalin or cortisol. Even when taken with fruit. Anyone having the same issues? Probably glycogen store issues?

List of excipients of the products used?
What from the listing do you take in what dosage?

Bart1

List of excipients of the products used?
What from the listing do you take in what dosage?
I have taken niacinamide and thiamin from bulk supplements. Tried low dose by braking capsule open. So 100-200mg niacinamide and about 100mg of thiamin hci . Also a b complex like energin. Last couple of days it seems I react better to it. I take it now from jarrow formulas. I really have a CO2 problem, hyperventilation. I notice when I increase dosage I get more a feeling that I have to breathe more

aquaman

It's unlikely that things as wide ranging as IBS, SIBO, GERD etc etc can be pinpointed to one thing. Personally I've had all of these, and taken plenty of B1, B3, Energin etc... B Vits never seem to have made any difference to these.

Eating slower, chewing food, being less stressed, and occasional Cascara, Betaine and Ox Bile have really helped.

Robt800

Id just like to say thank for starting this thread. Ive had gut issues for years and whilst being very careful and trying multiple things nothing has made a major impact (though binders have allowed me to largely pain free).

Id like to add Ive also played with b vitamins and have taken a methylated b complex for above 5 years. The only major improvement I had in the past with b vits was doing really high dose b12 and folate - though the results didnt last...

So I started just on 50mg of niacin with each meal. 1st nights sleep was horrendous- burning up all night. second day barely got away from the loo, but oddly I felt better - I didnt feel like everything was just sat there after eating.

Ive since had to increase the niacin to 150-200mg per meal, but I feel much better. I also take thiamine 200mg per meal, riboflavin 200mg per day (split dosages) and 1500mg tmg (to ward off issues of niacin depleting methyl donors) and a 25mg b complex.

Its too early to say if this will be a cure but results have been positive: better gut function, better energy and some skin issues on my hand have improved 90%.

Thanks again

Id just like to say thank for starting this thread. Ive had gut issues for years and whilst being very careful and trying multiple things nothing has made a major impact (though binders have allowed me to largely pain free).

Id like to add Ive also played with b vitamins and have taken a methylated b complex for above 5 years. The only major improvement I had in the past with b vits was doing really high dose b12 and folate - though the results didnt last...

So I started just on 50mg of niacin with each meal. 1st nights sleep was horrendous- burning up all night. second day barely got away from the loo, but oddly I felt better - I didnt feel like everything was just sat there after eating.

Ive since had to increase the niacin to 150-200mg per meal, but I feel much better. I also take thiamine 200mg per meal, riboflavin 200mg per day (split dosages) and 1500mg tmg (to ward off issues of niacin depleting methyl donors) and a 25mg b complex.

Its too early to say if this will be a cure but results have been positive: better gut function, better energy and some skin issues on my hand have improved 90%.

Thanks again

Yes, a lot of people have B-complex deficiencies here in this forum.

Texon

Due to necessity, I had to figure out what in the world is causing the SIBO, GERD and LPR epidemic happening here on this very forum and around the world. So I started digging and putting pieces of the puzzle together. And what started to become very clear was the gut issues were related to the brain, and I was starting to see that vitamin deficiencies was the likely cause. These deficiencies are B vitamins along with their cofactors, more specifically vitamin B1 and B3. However, as the saying goes, B vitamins run in a constellation so they all need to be in check.

The diseases of Pellagra(B3 deficiency) and Beriberi(B1 deficiency) are said to have been wiped out via fortification of foods. I disagree. Instead, what I think is that we have widespread Beriberi and Pellagra, or simply put, vitamin deficiencies that is causing the gut issues along with all the many other issues that come along with it.

So as I put my hypothesis together, I start finding others who had the same conclusion as I did, we are basically suffering from high calorie malnutrition. One said person who I found is Dr. Derrick Lonsdale who is a pretty smart fella. He is well up on the research behind Thiamine, how it works etc. He has found a lot of the same things that @haidut has found out about Thiamine. In his practice he was finding that many people were indeed deficient of Thiamine and also that Thiamine could be used as a drug per say, to help many things. He himself figured out that disease and illness is from an energy breakdown, all the same things we are saying here on the forum. He is a pretty smart dude, and has a lot of good info. Of course he does not have it all right, as do neither you nor I, but I am pretty impressed with his knowledge nonetheless.

Some key take aways from Dr. Lonsdale I have gotten so far:
-Thiamine blood tests are not reliable, it does not show how much Thiamine in the cell. Bam! Hello!
-For some people the transport mechanism is broken that moves Thiamine into the cell, for these people Thiamine HCL is not gonna work so well. For these people Allithiamine and Lipothiamine will work better due to them not needing the transport mechanism. So it would not matter how much Thiamine you are taking in via diet, if your transport mechanism is broken.
-It is possible to feel worse if you start taking Thiamine and are very deficient of it. This is known as a "refeeding effect".
-He always insists of taking magnesium with Thiamine.
-It can take a while for the systems to come back online, the enzymes and what have nots. It can take time to overcome this deficiency.
-B1 deficiency very easily messes with the nervous system and brain via Dysautonomia. Boom! There is your gut issues starting to come online.

Here is the blog he writes at:
Derrick Lonsdale, MD

So basically this all comes down to an energy issue. And it does not matter how high your thyroid is if you are not meeting the nutrient requirements or how little PUFA you got, if you do not have the basic elements to generate and utilize ATP. Things are not gonna work well, you brain is not gonna fire off right, your gut is not gonna communicate with the brain as it should so things are gonna get #rekt down there, energy for life is gonna start waxing and waning, hair is gonna start falling out and greying, your gonna get old real fast!

Could all the gut issues, constipation, pale poo, ulcerative colitis where you poop blood and your intestines are ripping apart be a simple vitamin deficiency? I think so...

Check out this thread on where I put the pieces together of constipation:
SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

Look what @Scenes said in the thread about constipation and B1:

ATP brother, ATP. Bam!

Check out this thread where I nailed down vitamin B3 deficiency as the potential cause of many digestive issues:
SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"

And this one where B3 aka Niacin wipes out Ulcerative Colitis! On this very forum @Gorrilahead puts his Ulcerative Colitis in "remission" with Niacin.
Niacin Ameliorates Ulcerative Colitis

Or this one where the long forgotten Pellagra is now being called Celiac Disease and due to this reclassification has people chasing unicorns:
The Case Of Mistaken Identity: How Pellagra Now Thought To Be Rare Became Known As Celiac Disease

And what do a lot of the people who have these gut issues complain of, brain fog! Aka, dementia! Well looky what we have here:
Dementia Or Pellagra? Niacin Deficiency In The 21st Century

So, why do a lot of Peaters Peater out on a Peat diet? Try saying that fast while deficient of B3. :D I am thinking it's due to B deficiencies. Things start off good, start seeing great results. However, the weight starts piling on, its not fat, its mostly water weight aka Edema! Guess what is connected to obesity and edema, boom, you got it, Thiamine. The skin issues(Pellegra B3) start to raise their ugly head when pushing up hard on the metabolism. And what else? Sugar. Empty calories like Dr. Lonsdale likes to say(the Dr. is all about the fruit so don't think he is not understanding about needing carbs, good try though! :D ). Sugar(emtpy calorie table sugar) is scientifically proven to worsen B1 deficiency. And guess what else possibly interferes with the B vitamins, coffee. Plus, we start eating "clean" and move away from the unfortified foods. So, then we start pushing our metabolism up hard, calling for even more nutrients, on top of modern day stressors which burn up even more of the B's and what do you got? The perfect storm for Beriberi and Pellagra hell. Or as I would rather say, a simple vitamin deficiency.
Amen to this. I have a problem absorbing thiamine, and I'm here to tell you it can be really scary. I'm in the process of getting the injectable otc from Canada right now as the oral hcl version is really irritating to my gut. Can you believe the idiots make the injectable an RX item in the US? Unfortunately I can't even take famotidine. Everyone should check out www.hormonesmatter.com for critical info about vitamin B12.

Texon

Amen to this. I have a problem absorbing thiamine, and I'm here to tell you it can be really scary. I'm in the process of getting the injectable otc from Canada right now as the oral hcl version is really irritating to my gut. Can you believe the idiots make the injectable an RX item in the US? Unfortunately I can't even take famotidine. Everyone should check out www.hormonesmatter.com for critical info about vitamin B12.
Sorry meant to say vitamin B1...saw this too late to edit.

tara

starting to wonder if the requirements of vitamin S (sun, not steroid lol-- and not replacable with vitamin D supplements IMO) and vitamin G (aka grounding) simply can not be replaced by supplements or foods or artificial products and this is why so many people remain sick?
Sunlight provides more than just a way to make vit-D with UV. The red light end of the spectrum is also necessary for healthy cellular energy production.
Also looking into possibly Liverwurst but dang its expensive.
Lots of recipes online. :)

tara

potassium is so huge... i think it is a missing factor for a lot of people... the daily requirement for potassium is like 4700mg, if you are not drinking milk, it is hard to reach it via "peating" unless you are actively trying to by eating potatoes for example.
I think it's important to.
I measured a couple of days recently, one where I ate more and one less calories. Potassium came out over 5g both days. No milk. Roots, fruit, veges, meat. Big improvement from the times when I ate much more pure sucrose etc.

tara

I have severe villous atrophy which causes malnutrition syndrome despite a high nutrient / high quality diet
Have you tried or do you have difficulty with topical supplementation like energin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals