Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

Amazoniac

For people with intestinal problems (especially upper parts), topical route should be favored until it subsides. This applies to most substances. For example, lately I was wondering if will is fungal infections was steroids? Since aquaman and Cirion mentioned (nutritional) yeast, wow is its estrogen? I haven't produced the examination of these, but it's something to watch out for because your supplements can be losing their potency or turning into unwanted stuff while fueling present issues.

--
- Derrick Lonsdale | ResearchGators
Thiamine and magnesium deficiencies: keys to disease

Cirion

Yeah, I find myself preferring topical supplements lately wherever possible, but I do have a couple of pill supplements still. Energin for B vitamins, and epsom salt baths for magnesium, vitamin D cream for VD, and I have tyronene also which can also be topically applied (T3).

Amazoniac

Yeah, I find myself preferring topical supplements lately wherever possible, but I do have a couple of pill supplements still. Energin for B vitamins, and epsom salt baths for magnesium, vitamin D cream for VD, and I have tyronene also which can also be topically applied (T3).
You can dump them somewhere, form a paste and apply it on skin (perhaps using only water or some glycerin). Or adding the powder to your skin and using a spraying bottle to moisten to the desired consistency. Another alternative combining the supplements and water in a glove.

Oral route is superior, it's preferable whenever possible, but topical has the advantage of not risking making problems worse.

Cirion

Cirion

Yes. The metabolism is more random when substances are adsorbeb through the skin.

Random how so? Are you saying maybe I should give up energin and just use a regular pill B complex? Could it explain why I haven't really seen much noticeable improvements from the energin? I'm definitely open to the idea if you think it can make that much of a difference

Amazoniac

Random how so? Are you saying maybe I should give up energin and just use a regular pill B complex? Could it explain why I haven't really seen much noticeable improvements from the energin? I'm definitely open to the idea if you think it can make that much of a difference
Because the liver is a major controller of distribution, and bypassing it is skipping a regulatory step. Nutrients in the bloodystream will eventually get to it, but only after reaching other tissues first. Energin is meant for topical use, and even though the oral route is superior, transdermal is good enough (with some advantages such as the one that we're discussing).

Regarding the shy improvements, it's probably something else, I would try to up magnesium, copper, creatine, calcium with mk-4, ribose, ubiquinol, hydroxocobalamin, methylfolate/folinic acid, betaine, choline, inositol, etc.; some of these are not difficult to obtain from diet.

Last edited:
Brewers yeast gave me the most brutal belly bloating I’ve ever experienced. Felt like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Felt like I was going to pop, must have flared-up by IBS/SIBO badly. Think my stomach became like a beer factory.

yeah ive noticed the same thing before... i think it means u might be backed up a little bit? but yeah if that happens that can be a problem.. thats like milk for me so i feel your pain

Dr. Lonsdale feels magnesium is very important to take with thiamine.

Also some of the other cofactors off the top of my head that have been discussed on this forum: potassium and manganase. If anyone remembers the others please chime in. I am doing OJ and AJ for potassium and sometimes a bit of potassium bicarb. And for manganase I do shots of maple syrup at the bar with @Cirion who drinks it by the mug full. :D

And like Dr. Lonsdale and @Amazoniac et all says, these B vitamins run in a constellation, so best to get them all in. I have included nutritional yeast non fortified, and also liver pills to help with that. Also looking into possibly Liverwurst but dang its expensive.

potassium is so huge... i think it is a missing factor for a lot of people... the daily requirement for potassium is like 4700mg, if you are not drinking milk, it is hard to reach it via "peating" unless you are actively trying to by eating potatoes for example.... it is literally buffering the blood sugar spikes and helping your body process it.... i notice a massive difference if i dont actively eat it.... you need it very badly with a high sugar diet

Last edited:

redsun

yeah ive noticed the same thing before... i think it means u might be backed up a little bit? but yeah if that happens that can be a problem.. thats like milk for me so i feel your pain

potassium is so huge... i think it is a missing factor for a lot of people... the daily requirement for potassium is like 4700mg, if you are not drinking milk, it is hard to reach it via "peating" unless you are actively trying to by eating potatoes for example.... it is literally buffering the blood sugar spikes and helping your body process it.... i notice a massive difference if i dont actively eat it.... you need it very badly with a high sugar diet

Well if you mean peating as in eating lots of simple sugars that are basically empty calories like soda, certain fruit juices, rice and grains instead of potatoes, then yeh... But its hardly a sustainable one. If the diet was entirely whole food no grains or empty sugar, you will easily reach 4700mg or even higher easily. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority who have reduced potassium intake because of empty sugars and rice and grains were to eliminate all these and replace with potassium rich foods they would likely start to tolerate sugars a lot better. And by tolerate I mean better energy, less tendency to hold on to extra body fat and especially reduced tendency to keep gaining(which seems to becoming increasingly common), better digestive function, etc.

Well if you mean peating as in eating lots of simple sugars that are basically empty calories like soda, certain fruit juices, rice and grains instead of potatoes, then yeh... But its hardly a sustainable one. If the diet was entirely whole food no grains or empty sugar, you will easily reach 4700mg or even higher easily. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority who have reduced potassium intake because of empty sugars and rice and grains were to eliminate all these and replace with potassium rich foods they would likely start to tolerate sugars a lot better. And by tolerate I mean better energy, less tendency to hold on to extra body fat and especially reduced tendency to keep gaining(which seems to becoming increasingly common), better digestive function, etc.

yeah agreed... i should have clarified, i meant peating in a messed up state per this thread, like you can't digest food that well, moreso peating without milk, if you are allergic to milk and you are still trying to "peat", potassium has to be tracked because i think something like half of all potassium in a day the peater gets from milk, the other half orange juice, but i noticed it's pretty easy to forget about it because you assume it is in a lot of stuff, but those are the really 2 big things it is in unless you go looking for it

aquaman

[QUOTE="mayweatherking, post: 456075, member: 2990”]

potassium is so huge... i think it is a missing factor for a lot of people... the daily requirement for potassium is like 4700mg, if you are not drinking milk, it is hard to reach it via "peating" unless you are actively trying to by eating potatoes for example.... it is literally buffering the blood sugar spikes and helping your body process it.... i notice a massive difference if i dont actively eat it.... you need it very badly with a high sugar diet[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I find losing weight on a high potato diet easy. Could be the potassium .. often I’ll eat 1-1.5lbs a day, which is 2.5grams of potassium.

Also I need to get back to eating lots of papaya!

somuch4food

You might try another product or you could adjust timing. I tried a few prenatals that just wired me by the end of the day. I finally found one that seems to be working (this one is activated unlike the others). I started by taking it with breakfast and dinner. I saw immediate improvements in mood swings, skin quality and sleep quality. It was making me very sleepy in the morning to the point that I would almost fall asleep working at my desk, so I tried moving it to lunch and dinner instead, but the benefits were fading. My sleep was worsening, I had a harder time getting up in the morning, etc. I switched back to my original routine and my sleep is improving again. I'm still sleepy (and should be since insomnia has been my friend for 2 years), but at least I'm recovering my motivation and focus at work.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I’m working on the 500mg of B1 and B3. Hopefully in a few months I’ll have some good results to point to.

I doubt any special forms are required. Just a bigger dose perhaps and more time.

There are plenty of studies where deficient people take the standard kind and become well again.

Inaut

I took 300mg of Niacin just to see what would happen.. Had a slight flush effect at which time I consumed some activated charcoal and coconut oil. Wasn't unbearable but I think i'm going to remain with Niacinamide for the long haul and niacin for the occasion.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I’m working on the 500mg of B1 and B3. Hopefully in a few months I’ll have some good results to point to.
Are you taking it all at once or spreading it out?

Rand56

For about the last week I've been taking 250 mg's of Niacin 3 times a day with meals. It's been making me feel more depressed. I'm backing down to just once a day to see how this works out.

ebs

I've been supplementing b vitamins for a long time now so I'll be suprised if I have a defiency but who knows. I always respond well to it, especially b6. Niacinamide makes the constipation worse and may have been one of the causes when I was supplementing 500mg once or twice a day. Doses below 100mg seem to work best.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals