Solutions For Snoring?

OP
whit

whit

I've lost fat recently and an unexpected but nice bonus was that my snoring had been 90% reduced
Yea weight can be real factor for some.
Not so my case.
Congrats on your progress. :clap:

CrystalClear

Hey CrystalClear,
Thanks for the input and the updates.
Keep it coming.
I don’t have any devices on in the room I sleep in to track the progress. So having someone here who has that is a great resource. I’m interested however as to such applications.

I decided to try an ionizer next and see what good it might do.
No harm in trying.
The air quality is pretty poor here so only good can come from it anyway.
Cheers
What I have been finding by using the ionizer is that since it is purifying the air, if I get a runny stuffy nose and sinuses it must caused by food I'm eating. Lately, I've noticed it happen with pumpkin, mostly. But maybe even popcorn :( However, I believe my snoring is mainly due to a stress response due to low blood sugar at night and will hopefully lessen a lot when my liver fully heals. Also, I thought I better check inside my nostrils lol and sure enough one opening inside is more narrow than the other side.
The second smallest size vents seem to help in my case.
Being a nose snorer, I realised that sleeping on my sides may squash my nostril (more narrow one) more closed so that sleeping on my back prevents that. I've had the quietest snore score in that back sleeping position.

@CrystalClear I would love to sleep on my back, however when I try I don't seem to be able to clear my mind and can lie there for 20+minutes before giving up and sleeping on my side.

CrystalClear

@not_James_Bond I am a side sleeper normally too. Sleeping on my back gives me back ache. I start off going to sleep on my side then wake later and turn onto my back if I can manage it. By then I am in sleeping mode and drift back to sleep. My snoring will vary throughout the night.

Vinny

So you are doing keto then?
No man. Not aiming for keto at all. Keto and carnivore are different things. My energy source are not ketones.

Vinny

RWilly

No man. Not aiming for keto at all. Keto and carnivore are different things. My energy source are not ketones.

What are you eating besides animal products that would make you not be on a ketogenic diet?

Vinny

What are you eating besides animal products that would make you not be on a ketogenic diet?
I eat almost only low fat meat, which is completely enough to spare me from going into ketosis. Sometimes I add a little bit of simple carbs.

OP
whit

whit

What I have been finding by using the ionizer is that since it is purifying the air, if I get a runny stuffy nose and sinuses it must caused by food I'm eating. Lately, I've noticed it happen with pumpkin, mostly. But maybe even popcorn :( However, I believe my snoring is mainly due to a stress response due to low blood sugar at night and will hopefully lessen a lot when my liver fully heals. Also, I thought I better check inside my nostrils lol and sure enough one opening inside is more narrow than the other side.
The second smallest size vents seem to help in my case.
Being a nose snorer, I realised that sleeping on my sides may squash my nostril (more narrow one) more closed so that sleeping on my back prevents that. I've had the quietest snore score in that back sleeping position.
I’m a nose snorer too.
I always thought each side of the nose went through an alternating cycle.
sleeping on my back is the best way to snore all night.

A good vit. B complex or just B3 can sometimes abate the corn allergy,
for us anyway
Cheers