BigChad

Why do you list psyllium? RP has never said it is good or ok. As for citrus, he advocates consumption of the juice, filtered juice for just that reason. Carrots I am not sure but I think he counts on them adsorbing anything bad that they may contain.

But he is very clear that soluble fiber=bad.

Psyllium fiber is mentioned alongside citrus and other fibers. I thought Ray ate oranges. He only drank their juice?

managing

Psyllium fiber is mentioned alongside citrus and other fibers. I thought Ray ate oranges. He only drank their juice?
Pretty sure that he advocates against eating (whole citrus) fruit. Psyllium as well.

managing

I see, it seems like most fruit fibers are soluble, while starchy carbs and some berries are insoluble
You seem to be trying to make a point about RP and insoluble fiber, but I am uncertain what it is?

BigChad

You seem to be trying to make a point about RP and insoluble fiber, but I am uncertain what it is?

Most of the fruits Ray promotes seem to have soluble fiber. From my understanding Peat is against starch besides potatoes. Insoluble fiber is mostly found in starchy, wheat based foods. I don't get how he is against soluble fiber and pro insoluble fiber. I remember reading something where he named specific soluble fibers like psyllium being carcinogenic. Insoluble fiber seems to be present in foods Peat doesn't like, besides potato and possibly carrot.

Last edited:

managing

Most of the fruits Ray promotes seem to have soluble fiber. From my understanding Peat is against starch besides potatoes. Insoluble fiber is mostly found in starchy, wheat based foods. I don't get how he is against soluble fiber and pro insoluble fiber. I remember reading something where he named specific soluble fibers like psyllium being carcinogenic. Insoluble fiber seems to be present in foods Peat doesn't like, besides potato and possibly carrot.
He told me that oat bran would be a good fiber supplement. The insoluble fiber in most fruits is not tremendous, especially if ripe. Psyllium is pure insoluble fiber, with no sugar or other mitigating factors. I can see where, on the surface it seems contradictory. But if you look closely . . .

BigChad

He told me that oat bran would be a good fiber supplement. The insoluble fiber in most fruits is not tremendous, especially if ripe. Psyllium is pure insoluble fiber, with no sugar or other mitigating factors. I can see where, on the surface it seems contradictory. But if you look closely . . .

Oh I see. You mean Psyllium is pure soluble fiber, and soluble fiber in most fruits is not tremendous?

managing

Oh I see. You mean Psyllium is pure soluble fiber, and soluble fiber in most fruits is not tremendous?
Yeah. And there is nothing redeeming in Psyllium either. Meanwhile, fruits also have insoluble fiber, sugars (particularly fructose) and other nutrients.

BigChad

Yeah. And there is nothing redeeming in Psyllium either. Meanwhile, fruits also have insoluble fiber, sugars (particularly fructose) and other nutrients.

I see. Is the main difference between soluble/insoluble fiber, the speed that it passes through the digestive tract?
Do you remember Ray mentioning something like taking saturated fats alongside soluble fibers turns them into good fibers, or mitigates their negative effects?

managing

I see. Is the main difference between soluble/insoluble fiber, the speed that it passes through the digestive tract?
Do you remember Ray mentioning something like taking saturated fats alongside soluble fibers turns them into good fibers, or mitigates their negative effects?
I don't recall that, but its possible.

I don't really know the speed difference, if there is. The big difference is that soluble irritates the intestinal tract, making it permeable to endotoxin. Insoluble does not.

BigChad

I don't recall that, but its possible.

I don't really know the speed difference, if there is. The big difference is that soluble irritates the intestinal tract, making it permeable to endotoxin. Insoluble does not.

Serotonin, Endotoxins, Stress, KMUD Herb Doctors, 2011

what do you think about maltodrexin, does it feed bacteria and promote bacterial growth more so than sugar, sucralose, or other carbs/sugars? I've heard it can feed bad bacteria, yet also heard it digests extremely fast; if it digests so quickly that should mitigate any bad bacteria absorbing it?

It's weird he told you oat bran is a good fiber supplement. these are some of his comments on that thread. I think oat bran also contains gluten.

"He thought that fiber prevented the retention of carcinogenic toxins, but he was primarily talking about potatoes and when he came to the US and saw that people were interpreting it as oat fiber, oat bran and various other grain fibers. A few people outside of the US did research showing that those in fact increased cancer incidences."

this is what the interviewer mentioned, and Ray seemed to agree

"Int: So if someone were to eat root vegetables and boil them very very well this helps to break down the starches so it doesn’t provide very much food for the bacteria and saturated fats put on the starches helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria, so mashed potatoes with lots of coconut oil and some butter for some flavour or if you need to gain weight, lots of butter."

It's the saturated fats anti bacterial effect. I guess this is why some on here recommend having butter alongside potatoes. Half the fiber in potato is soluble.

"Ray: Yeah and it happens that phosphate which you get in the grains and this might really be a part of why the fiber in grains is carcinogenic from grains, cause seeds and nuts and grains are so rich in phosphate and phosphate stimulates the breakdown of these soluble or indigestible fiber by bacteria, and calcium blocks that, phospholosis by bacteria so a high calcium, low phosphate diet goes with saturated fats in suppressing the toxic effect of the starches. "

Also I see this mentioned on healthlines site regarding soluble fiber. Seems interesting if true.

"The high amount of soluble fiber in broccoli can support your gut health by feeding good bacteria in your large intestine. These bacteria produce beneficial short-chain fatty acids, such as butyrate and acetate."

Last edited:

managing

Serotonin, Endotoxins, Stress, KMUD Herb Doctors, 2011

what do you think about maltodrexin, does it feed bacteria and promote bacterial growth more so than sugar, sucralose, or other carbs/sugars? I've heard it can feed bad bacteria, yet also heard it digests extremely fast; if it digests so quickly that should mitigate any bad bacteria absorbing it?

It's weird he told you oat bran is a good fiber supplement. these are some of his comments on that thread. I think oat bran also contains gluten.

"He thought that fiber prevented the retention of carcinogenic toxins, but he was primarily talking about potatoes and when he came to the US and saw that people were interpreting it as oat fiber, oat bran and various other grain fibers. A few people outside of the US did research showing that those in fact increased cancer incidences."

this is what the interviewer mentioned, and Ray seemed to agree

"Int: So if someone were to eat root vegetables and boil them very very well this helps to break down the starches so it doesn’t provide very much food for the bacteria and saturated fats put on the starches helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria, so mashed potatoes with lots of coconut oil and some butter for some flavour or if you need to gain weight, lots of butter."

It's the saturated fats anti bacterial effect. I guess this is why some on here recommend having butter alongside potatoes. Half the fiber in potato is soluble.

"Ray: Yeah and it happens that phosphate which you get in the grains and this might really be a part of why the fiber in grains is carcinogenic from grains, cause seeds and nuts and grains are so rich in phosphate and phosphate stimulates the breakdown of these soluble or indigestible fiber by bacteria, and calcium blocks that, phospholosis by bacteria so a high calcium, low phosphate diet goes with saturated fats in suppressing the toxic effect of the starches. "

Also I see this mentioned on healthlines site regarding soluble fiber. Seems interesting if true.

"The high amount of soluble fiber in broccoli can support your gut health by feeding good bacteria in your large intestine. These bacteria produce beneficial short-chain fatty acids, such as butyrate and acetate."
I think he is primarily focusing on whole grains, which, especially in the case of oats, would involve lots of soluble fiber (not to mention phytates, phosphate, etc). In the case of oat bran, it is just the bran, completely separated from the rest of the oat. Pretty inert. Just provides bulk to move things along.

His words were: "Yes, cellulose is good, unless it’s contaminated (sawdust, for example, isn’t a good source of cellulose, wheat bran isn’t the best, oat bran is probably o.k.)."

BigChad

I think he is primarily focusing on whole grains, which, especially in the case of oats, would involve lots of soluble fiber (not to mention phytates, phosphate, etc). In the case of oat bran, it is just the bran, completely separated from the rest of the oat. Pretty inert. Just provides bulk to move things along.

His words were: "Yes, cellulose is good, unless it’s contaminated (sawdust, for example, isn’t a good source of cellulose, wheat bran isn’t the best, oat bran is probably o.k.)."

in the case of oat bran, it is still soluble fiber, or just insoluble fiber?

lvysaur

soluble fiber slows down digestion, which in my experience can be a good thing. Ultimately I think digestion comes down to two factors:

1) the intensity of digestive secretions

2) the duration of intestinal transit

Best health and minimum endotoxin will result when both of these things are maximized. High intensity secretion + long duration contact with the secretion zone in the stomach/s.intestine will result in maximum nutrient absorption and minimum bacterial growth.

I think trying to eliminate/speed up transit time is a wrong move. I feel best when I egest every 2 days or so. Carrot salad is useful for an intestinal "reset", in my opinion, by acting both as an antibacterial, and as a very thick stool-forming fiber that "cleans out" the intestines.

BigChad

soluble fiber slows down digestion, which in my experience can be a good thing. Ultimately I think digestion comes down to two factors:

1) the intensity of digestive secretions

2) the duration of intestinal transit

Best health and minimum endotoxin will result when both of these things are maximized. High intensity secretion + long duration contact with the secretion zone in the stomach/s.intestine will result in maximum nutrient absorption and minimum bacterial growth.

I think trying to eliminate/speed up transit time is a wrong move. I feel best when I egest every 2 days or so. Carrot salad is useful for an intestinal "reset", in my opinion, by acting both as an antibacterial, and as a very thick stool-forming fiber that "cleans out" the intestines.

you feel best when you what every 2 days or so? reset?

BigChad

egest. aka take a dump

I see, anyway, I heard the longer food stays in your stomach, the more bacteria can feed off of it, while with faster transit times or digestion, bacteria doesn't have that opportunity?

lvysaur

while with faster transit times or digestion, bacteria doesn't have that opportunity?
No, imagine it this way:

Your digestive secretions are intense, and transit time fast. No matter how intense your secretions are, some of the food will be left undigested. That will then foster SOME bacteria growth, even if you poop it out quickly.

Now imagine your digestive secretions are just as intense, but your transit time slow. In this case, since the food sits long enough in the small intestine/stomach, it will be completely digested. It will spend a much longer time in the colon, but because there's hardly anything left, you'll get no bacterial growth.

Now, if your digestion is very weak, then it's better to have a fast transit time, since there will be lots of leftover nutrients--better to get them out quickly before they cause harm. But that's planning for failure. If your digestion is weak, the proper thing to do would be try to improve digestion strength via physical activity, coffee, and other things that improve hunger.

Amazoniac

Do you guys have an idea how to reintroduce a broader selection of both fruits and vegetables in the diet? Many cause sinus, nose, ears , upper back and neck problems in a short time frame. Those problems are accompanied by the classics: smelly feces and wiping galore. It would be nice to add fibers to those refined starchy carbohydrates. I can't always eat the old pineapple, the kiwis (high amounts = eye annoyance btw), and even less so beet greens (nitrates). Should one push through the detox symptoms :ss2?
Hi, Wagner! Have you tried what was described in the last paragraph here? It has to be a digestible form of calcium to not bring new issues. If for some reason you find it too suppressive, you can start to counteract with fermentable compounds from the allium family (from discarding the solids after cooking to consuming them whole and raw).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals