Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Soluble Fiber Causes Liver Cancer, Insoluble And Antibiotics Prevent/stop It

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

You have to experiment and find out for yourself. Carrots seems to be the safest/most effective for most people. I think some fiber from potatoes and greens is fine, too. Oats and other grains are the worst. Ray mentioned cooked mushrooms, but I haven't made any positive experience with them.

2. abruzzi

abruzzi Member

I have a couple questions.

1. I've been taking a brand of fiber called Genesis Today. Sometimes when money is tight, I'll buy psyllium. I also sometimes do Fiber Smart

The Genesis has 6 grams of insoluble and 1 gram of soluble

But, I should stop the practice of drinking fiber, correct?

I developed the habit because it was helping me to lose weight.

2. I often drink a supplement from Healthforce called Vitamineral Green. As far as I know this is a good mineral supplement. However, does anyone have any qualms or opinions on it?

3. Antonello

Antonello Member

So what about lettuce that has 80% insoluble 20% soluble?
    I feel salad cleanse me more that raw carrot

4. Hans

Hans Member

"Participants with higher insoluble fiber consumption (≥7.5 g/day) showed improvements in fatty liver index (FLI), hepatic steatosis index (HIS), and NAFLD liver fat score (NAFLD_LFS), while gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) and transaminases evidenced significant improvements as a result of fruit fiber consumption (≥8.8 g/day). Remarkably, a regression model evidenced a relationship between liver status and fiber from fruits. These results support the design of dietary patterns based on the consumption of insoluble fiber and fiber from fruits in the context of energy restriction for the management of obese patients suffering fatty liver disease."
    Fruit Fiber Consumption Specifically Improves Liver Health Status in Obese Subjects under Energy Restriction

5. jzeno

jzeno Member

I swear, everything I did right before Ray Peat was backwards. I ate FOS for fiber, I ate spoonfuls of flaxseed oil, and I took tons of tryptophan before bed for sleep. I avoided OJ and other sweets, I ate tons of sweet potatoes (but I did eat them with lots of butter), I thought aspirin was the devil, and I didn't eat any fresh fruits. Yeesh.