SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Advocate2021

I also experience the cough and lung irritation reaction when this product is sprayed, even if I hold my breath I react to the remnants in the air that result and if someone else uses it I react if I walk near the are where it was sprayed, even many minutes after. I think putting the liquid in the hand and applying with fingers or perhaps using a cotton pad would alleviate this. Going to try that and see if it does.
Hi Haidut, I really enjoy this product but I have noticed a difference since the inclusion of the succinic acid that I just want to make you aware of: I notice that when I spray the product on my skin, it diffuses into the air more than the old product did and if I happen to breathe in at that moment it can cause coughing. I’ve been holding my breath when I apply the product and for the most part that problem has resolved itself. I just never had that issue before with the old product so I’m wondering if the inclusion of this new ingredient might be causing this cloud like dispersion that can catch you off guard if you happen to be inhaling at that moment. Otherwise its awesome, thanks for developing it!
I also experience the cough and lung irritation reaction when this product is sprayed, even if I hold my breath I react to the remnants in the air that result and if someone else uses it I react if I walk near the are where it was sprayed, even many minutes after. I think putting the liquid in the hand and applying with fingers or perhaps using a cotton pad would alleviate this. Going to try that and see if it does.

Shep Proudfoot

Not sure if anyone has posted on the benefits for eczema but Solban works amazingly well. I had stubborn eczema on both hands thanks to hockey gloves and within 2 weeks it’s 99% gone. Only one tiny spot left. Really helps with taking away the itch as well.

Jasonpk

Hey Haidt, I recently ordered 2 bottles of Solban and on both of the bottles, the lables have succinic acid listed twice, with aspirin being absent from the list. I assume this is a typo and the actual bottle still contains aspirin, correct?

Austin Resch

Been using this on my face for the past week and it has done wonders for my skin. Rosacea down, acne down, less oily, pores smaller, unbelievable. My skin wasn't particularly bad or anything before I started using it but now I see the contrast it is quite surprising, in the best possible way.

Only wish there was a bigger bottle I could buy so I could use if for sunscreen on my whole body. I spend a lot of time in the canary islands and to be able to where a sunscreen everyday that wasn't full of toxins would be great.

What are the recommendations for Solban as a sunscreen? Is there an estimated uv rating one could give it? How long does it last, would it still work after a swim in the ocean? Does it need to be reapplied often?

Either way love the product!
How has your progress been going regarding rosacea using Solban?
It's pretty easy to measure.....just multiply the dose by mg on the label = total for the bottle. I did it with powders + whole aspirin, and then added a little vodka (didn't measure).

2400mg B3

600mg Caffeine

600mg Apirin

Vodka (1/2tsp???)

Less than $1 worth of ingredients. Probably not as good as Haidut's, but close enough for me.

I used to use only 5 sprays per night, and now I use double or triple that at least.

Cheers!:D
How much distilled water as the core solvent in this recipe? Do you think salicylic acid USP would be equally effective to swap in place of aspirin (equal mg amount)?
Because all the salicylic acid salts rapidly break down into salicylic acid and whatever the other compound is and it is salicylic acid that is the active ingredient. So, magnesium salicylate breaks down into salicylic acid and magensium and aspirin breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid. If anything, the magnesium salt would have even more benefit given magnesium's role in ATP synthesis. I have not seen anything showing acetic acid having benefits on the skin.
Based on this, would it be fine to use salicylic acid USP in place of aspirin for "home brew"?

Vajra

There is no need to wash off SolBan. As far as I know most people using it for hair loss apply it twice a day - morning and night - and do not purposefully wash it off.
How long does it take for everything to absorb, if you don't care much about the sunscreen effect? I have quite dry skin and the alcohol does not help. I'd like to apply a moisturizer ASAP after application.

GeoX

Hey Haidt, I recently ordered 2 bottles of Solban and on both of the bottles, the lables have succinic acid listed twice, with aspirin being absent from the list. I assume this is a typo and the actual bottle still contains aspirin, correct?
Take a look again.

It should say:

Each serving contains:
Niacinamide / Nicotinamide - 40 mg
Caffeine - 10 mg
Salicylic acid - 10 mg
Succinic acid - 10 mg

bogbody

i also experienced the coughing thing. i started holding it far away from my face and spraying it on a cotton pad which helped, but that aspect was definitely a little disconcerting and I was curous about what was causing it

Rish

Can anyone comment on this product, looks potentially quite good for those of us that suffer fungal skin issues
Yes I have purchased both products and saw an improvement in my skin.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It should make hair thicker. How are your cholesterol levels? How much are you applying? It needs to make the skin only slightly misty. No need to drench it in the stuff. The studies showed that using too much caffeine may inhibit hair growth. The lower concnetrations (0.001%) stimulated hair growth while the higher ones (0.05% - 0.1%) inhibited it. These concentrations are intracellular, so the 1% caffeine on SolBan should not be confused with the intracellular ones. Applying a little SolBan but not making the skin wet should get achieve the 0.001% intracellular concentrations.

Do I smell a new product called HairBan or HairNon for use on areas to stop unwanted hair growth?
Higher concentration caffeine perhaps with some magical Haidut dust.

RawEel

Hai
The doses of ethanol you will get from applying either one of these two products topically are not likely to lead to skin aging, especially considering the active ingredients in both substances are anti-aging for the skin. The study you mention found effects after only 2 days. You must have been using the products for longer than that. Have you noticed any signs of skin aging? The drying is most likely due to the inhibition of sebum production by aspirin and caffeine, not so much the ethanol.

Haidut, what’s the percentage of alcohol/ ratio of alcohol to water in Solban?

I'm.No.One

My pasty Irish self got zero protection from this, & it's suuuuuper drying to the skin (not surprised via the alcohol) I'd actually argue that I burnt quicker than normal.

It does seem to pull the inflammation down some, which you'd expect with the aspirin & such.

But it's very early spring here in a high mountain desert, if I try it in the high heat of summer I might die?

Note: I don't eat PUFA, avoided them even before PM eating. Didn't burn this bad last year until much later in the year with the same level of exposure(garden planting)

I wonder if the topical application of alcohol has the capacity to metabolize into the compound acetaldehyde like alcohol consumption does? Like on a skin level?

If so it's why when people drink they get worse sun burns (beyond the fact they're probably in the sun to long.)

Anyhow I'll keep it on hand for aftercare of burns (although the drying alcohol seems kinda rough on already damaged skin cells.) or to use for other purposes.

Philomath

@haidut i’m thinking solban would be effective for facial radiation burns/redness. do you have an opinion on whether it would be better to apply it before radiation exposure or right after?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut i’m thinking solban would be effective for facial radiation burns/redness. do you have an opinion on whether it would be better to apply it before radiation exposure or right after?

Doing both would be ideal. Niacinamide, aspirin and caffeine are all known so-called "radioprotectors". If most of radiation''s damage is due to interacting with PUFA in our tissues (as Ray said), then taking those things internally, as well as vitamin E (another known radioprotector) would probably increase the protection.

Nutritionveda

Just a heads-up for anyone have issues with the price:

I made my own Solban from the ingredients listed on the bottle using vodka as a ethanol replacement.........works fine.

Personally, I don't think it will be worth it financially to sell this product long term, as it can be made cheaply at home; I found myself using much more on many areas of the body due to the low price.

This might ultimately be filed next to Potato Juice as an impractical idea given the volume necessary to use on a regular basis.......especially for sunscreen.

Haidut's vitamin sups and Thyroid products, on the other hand, are much more practical when purchased pre-mixed.......and well worth the price imo.

Cheers!:D
Hi can you please share how much of each ingredient did you use and how much ethanol? I would be very appreciative thanks

Sapien

For freckles, maybe you can try a combination of both - SolBan in the morning due to the caffeine and EstroBan in the evening.
Out of SolBan, EstroBan, and Melanon, which product or combination of products would you reccomend for reducing/shrinking/eliminating freckles