SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Ogilvie

How are you preparing the serrapeptase/bromelain/papain for topical use? And do you need to have a totally shaved scalp, would the enzymes "digest" hair like nair?

Murtaza

Interesting. My t3 and cholesterol are top range, but hair is definitely in the “stress” state.

For me lately, test base/6-keto-p4 have drastically reduced my shedding. Now just looking to regrow.
are you still using this combo? was it orally or topically?

johnwester130

How are you preparing the serrapeptase/bromelain/papain for topical use? And do you need to have a totally shaved scalp, would the enzymes "digest" hair like nair?

i am taking the capsules

for experiment, i have dissolved a couple of capsules in alcohol

golder

Haidut, I've got some cholesterol powder and I was wondering if there is any way of dissolving this into Solban? Thank you.

RawEel

I have a new supplement (SolBan) for people interested in improving skin health or management of issues like hair loss, wrinkles, aging spots, cellulite, or simply protection from the sun.
It can be ordered from the links below:
www.idealabsdc.com

The supplement is for topical use only and consists of a water/ethanol solution containing niacinamide / nicotinamide, caffeine and aspirin. Each one of these ingredients has been shown in multiple human and animal experiments to be beneficial for skin health using topical administration. In addition, the combination of caffeine and niacinamide has been shown to work literally as a sunscreen so this could be an option for people who do not want to be exposed to the toxic excipients in most commercial products. While I do not claim that the product is effective for any medical condition, for information purposes I have listed a number of references below. These studies have looked at effectiveness and safety of each of the ingredients for specific conditions like UV skin damage, hair loss, photoaging, wrinkles, cellulite, skin cancer, dermatitis, acne, pruritis, eczema, psoriasis, etc.

Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the product is the succinic acid. In recent human trials, it has been shown that increasing ATP levels in the scalp promotes hair growth in male androgenic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness (MPB). The trials actually used a saturated fatty acid called pentadecanoic acid topically on the scalp and found that the effectiveness of that fatty acid in restoring hair growth was due to its effects on raising scalp levels of succinic acid, and succinic acid then dramatically increased ATP levels. This is not surprising as succinic acid is a very efficient precursor of ATP. So, we added succinic acid to SolBan to replicate the design of those human clinical trials.

Effect of the glyceride of pentadecanoic acid on energy metabolism in hair follicles
"...The effect of the glyceride of pentadecanoic acid (PDG) in treating male pattern alopecia has already been confirmed in a double blind controlled clinical test. In order to study the mechanism of the hair growing effect of PDG, ATP levels were measured in the hair follicles of rabbits. The ATP levels in telogen hair follicles increased remarkably with the application of PDG. To examine this effect, the metabolic properties of pentadecanoic acid (PDA) were investigated using the mitochondrial fraction prepared from guinea-pig hair follicles. It was shown that PDA could be metabolized in hair follicles, and succinic acid, which was formed in the degradation process of PDA, had a remarkable ATP producing ability. These results suggest that the hair growing effect of PDG depends on the efficient supply of energy to hair follicles, and this mechanism seems to be derived from the metabolic property of the odd numbered carbon fatty acid, PDA."

Based on the above study, pentadecanoic acid (another SFA) is now approved in Japan as topical treatment for hair loss.
Clinical Evaluation of The Product Containing Glyceride of Pentadecanoic Acid on Male Pattern Alopecia in Women

A combination of SolBan + Cardenosine (Cardenosine - Liquid Product For R&D) may be even more beneficial due to the additional antiinflammatory and antifibrotic effects of caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, inosine, B6, etc.

Here are some comments from Ray on the topic of using aspirin, caffeine and niacinamide topically on the skin.
Cherry Angiomas (red Dots On Skin)
"...The sun-damaged areas in rosacea can be directly provided with some of the protective factors by applying them topically. In the same way that topical lactate can cause vasodilation and disturbed energy metabolism (Rendl, et al., 2001), topical niacinamide, progesterone, vitamin K, and coenzyme Q10 can improve the metabolism and function of the local tissues. Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light. Topically applied caffeine, even after sun exposure, can reduce local tissue damage (Koo, et al., 2007). Aspirin and saturated fats can also be protective when applied topically."

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

SolBan is a liquid mixture of niacinamide, caffeine, and aspirin. These ingredients have been shown in multiple human clinical trials (as well as animal studies) to have a highly protective effect on the skin against a number of harmful agents and processes. The list of harmful agents and processes includes sunlight (UV), metabolic disturbances, aging (wrinkles, cellulite), hormonal imbalance (acne, eczema, melasma), stress, polyunsaturated fats (PUFA), etc.
SolBan is available as a 20 % alcohol (ethanol) solution in a 2oz plastic spray bottle. The product is intended and sanctioned for external use only.

Serving size: 5 sprays (about 1ml)
Servings per container: about 60
Each serving contains:

Niacinamide / Nicotinamide - 40 mg
Caffeine - 10 mg
Salicylic acid - 10 mg
Succinic acid - 10 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

The recommended method of administration is spraying the affected skin area until it has a thin layer of the solution and the letting it dry (without rubbing). The product can be used as sunscreen adjuvant (Caffeine and caffeine sodium benzoate have a sunscreen effect, enhance UVB-induced apoptosis, and inhibit UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 ... - PubMed - NCBI) due to the UV-blocking properties of caffeine and niacinamide / nicotinamide.

1. NIACINAMIDE
Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin. - PubMed - NCBI
A review of nicotinamide: treatment of skin diseases and potential side effects. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide - biologic actions of an emerging cosmetic ingredient. - PubMed - NCBI

1.1 Hyperpigmentation and Skin Aging (niacinamide)
Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin. - PubMed - NCBI
A review of nicotinamide: treatment of skin diseases and potential side effects. - PubMed - NCBI
Niacinamide - mechanisms of action and its topical use in dermatology. - PubMed - NCBI
Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance. - PubMed - NCBI
The clinical anti-aging effects of topical kinetin and niacinamide in Asians: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, split-face comparativ... - PubMed - NCBI
Topical niacinamide 4% and desonide 0.05% for treatment of axillary hyperpigmentation: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. - PubMed - NCBI
Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation after use of moisturizers with a combination of topical niacinamide and N-acetyl glucosamin... - PubMed - NCBI
Reduction in facial hyperpigmentation after treatment with a combination of topical niacinamide and tranexamic acid: a randomized, double-blind, ve... - PubMed - NCBI
A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of 2% niacinamide on facial sebum production. - PubMed - NCBI
Moisturizing effects of topical nicotinamide on atopic dry skin. - PubMed - NCBI

1.2 UV Damage (niacinamide)
Nicotinamide-containing sunscreens for use in Australasian countries and cancer-provoking conditions. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical nicotinamide modulates cellular energy metabolism and provides broad-spectrum protection against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppre... - PubMed - NCBI
Ultraviolet A radiation: its role in immunosuppression and carcinogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in primary melanocytes. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide reduces photodynamic therapy-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in human keratinocytes and ex vivo skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide downregulates gene expression of interleukin-6, interleukin-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, and tumour necrosis factor-α gene ... - PubMed - NCBI
Oral and systemic photoprotection. - PubMed - NCBI
Photoprotective effects of nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide prevents ultraviolet radiation-induced cellular energy loss. - PubMed - NCBI
Oral nicotinamide protects against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
UV radiation-induced immunosuppression is greater in men and prevented by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
[The intervention of nicotinamide on skin melanocyte's cell proliferation after UVA (365 nm) exposed.]. - PubMed - NCBI
Prevention of photoimmunosuppression and photocarcinogenesis by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of nicotinamide on mouse skin tumor development and its mode of action. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide and nicotinamide analogues as antitumor promoters in mouse skin. - PubMed - NCBI

2. CAFFEINE
Follicular penetration of topically applied caffeine via a shampoo formulation. - PubMed - NCBI
The role of hair follicles in the percutaneous absorption of caffeine. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical delivery of caffeine from some commercial formulations. - PubMed - NCBI

2.1 Sunscreen effects (caffeine)
Caffeine and caffeine sodium benzoate have a sunscreen effect, enhance UVB-induced apoptosis, and inhibit UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 ... - PubMed - NCBI

2.2 Skin cancer (caffeine)
Topical applications of caffeine or (−)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) inhibit carcinogenesis and selectively increase apoptosis in UVB-induced skin tumors in mice
A novel topical targeting system of caffeine microemulsion for inhibiting UVB-induced skin tumor: characterization, optimization, and evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine decreases phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) and increases mitotic cells with cyclin B1 and caspase 3 in tumors from UVB-treated mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine decreases phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) and increases mitotic cells with cyclin B1 and caspase 3 in tumors from UVB treated mice
Effect of caffeine on UVB-induced carcinogenesis, apoptosis, and the elimination of UVB-induced patches of p53 mutant epidermal cells in SKH-1 mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Protection from photodamage by topical application of caffeine after ultraviolet irradiation. - PubMed - NCBI
Inhibitory effects of tea and caffeine on UV-induced carcinogenesis: relationship to enhanced apoptosis and decreased tissue fat. - PubMed - NCBI
Stimulatory effect of topical application of caffeine on UVB-induced apoptosis in mouse skin. - PubMed - NCBI

2.3 Other skin conditions (caffeine)
The effect of topically applied aspirin on localized circumscribed neurodermatitis. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical treatment of cutaneous herpes simplex virus-1 infection in mice with a specially formulated caffeine gel (Cafon). - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of caffeine and testosterone on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
Histopathological evaluation of caffeine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles in efficient treatment of cellulite. - PubMed - NCBI
Role of Caffeine in the Management of Androgenetic Alopecia
Pharmacokinetics for topically applied caffeine in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI
Effectiveness of topical caffeine in cataract prevention: studies with galactose cataract. - PubMed - NCBI
Evaluation of the efficacy of topical caffeine in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine inhibits paresthesia induced by herpes simplex virus through action on primary sensory neurons in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

3. ASPIRIN
Combined patch containing salicylic acid and nicotinamide: role of drug interaction. - PubMed - NCBI
Design of a transdermal delivery system for aspirin as an antithrombotic drug. - PubMed - NCBI
Transdermal modification of platelet function. A dermal aspirin preparation selectively inhibits platelet cyclooxygenase and preserves prostacyclin... - PubMed - NCBI
Topically applied aspirin decreases histamine-induced wheal and flare reactions in normal and SLS-inflamed skin, but does not decrease itch. A rand... - PubMed - NCBI
Topically applied aspirin rapidly decreases histamine-induced itch. - PubMed - NCBI

Amazing! Finally received my order of 2 bottles to Bahrain - will order next batch immediately so I don’t run out. I want all the above benefits of Solban however, my particular issue is: excessive increase in beauty marks/ freckles/ moles after every sun exposure! If you can shed more light on that please? Thanks so much!

noqcks

Solban has had very positive effects on my forehead acne.

From moderate acne to almost no acne within 4 days.

Mufasa

My father applied solban to an early stage skin cancer spot. It decreased in size noticably day by day, after a little bit more than a week it was cut off though by the doctor, which also noticed how much it had shrunk after the diagnosis. He thought that it may had to do with the biopt he had taken, but my father only noticed the shrinking starting after starting with solban.

noqcks

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing, good to know.

I was applying 3x a day on my forehead to start. 2/3 sprays and then I rub it around a little.

Then I transitioned to 2/3 sprays 1x a day after about 2 weeks.

Still seeing good results so I will continue for the foreseeable future. I've had adult acne for a long time, so very glad to see improvements!

I think it's the niacinamide that is very good at reducing sebum production.

Lollipop2

I was applying 3x a day on my forehead to start. 2/3 sprays and then I rub it around a little.

Then I transitioned to 2/3 sprays 1x a day after about 2 weeks.

Still seeing good results so I will continue for the foreseeable future. I've had adult acne for a long time, so very glad to see improvements!

I think it's the niacinamide that is very good at reducing sebum production.
This is helpful. Thank you! I will use on my husband.

Honest review:

In my experience, this product does not regrow hair.

After my solban ran out, I got a bottle of 5% salicylic acid and applied it to my scalp. Within 3 weels new tiny hairs emerged.
Maybe the caffeine in solban is too high which can negatively affect hair growth, all studies used 0.01 per cent or less.

So at the moment, I just use 5% salicylic acid, and it works.
Salyicil acid will wirk the same as aspirine?

johnwester130

this will be long but trust me it's worth it

recently i have began the theory that baldness is caused by bacteria and fungi caused by a post saying that potassium bicarbonate cures baldness in the hair and skin forum section

Malassezia yeast is inexorably related to the inflammation (folliculitis) that causes hair shedding, hair miniaturization, and hair loss in AGA. It is also directly implicated in dandruff and sebborheic dermatitis. In a nutshell Malasszia wreaks its havoc on hair by using lipase enzymes to break down sebum, causing production of Arachadonic acid. Arachadonic acid is an inflammation precursor, leading to the creation and cascade of inflammatory enzymes that have well established roles in the miniaturization of the hair follicle and the constriction of the vasculature seen in virtually all cases of AGA.

wikipedia says the 4 anti fungals are

nizoral
selenium sulfide
zinc pyrithione
pircontone olamine

Treatments > The effect of Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine on hair growth

In a study with 150 men who suffer from hereditary hair loss and dandruff, Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine were compared*. Excessive secretion of sebum, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis are often linked with hair loss and hereditary hair loss. The 150 men received a shampoo with 1% Ketoconazole or 1% Piroctone Olamine. They had to use this shampoo 2 to 3 times per week for a duration of six months.

All treatments showed a reduction in itching and dandruff after 2 to 6 weeks. If we take a look at the effect of the treatments on various hair growth parameters, we see the following figures (in percentages):

• The severity of hair loss decreases (Ketoconazole: -17.3%, Piroctone Olamine: -16.5%)
  • The percentage of hairs in the growth phase increases (Ketoconazole 4.9%, Piroctone Olamine: 7.9%)
  • The effect on the hair diameter is increased by 5.4% with Ketoconazole and by 7.7% with Piroctone Olamine.
Thus, the study shows that Piroctone Olamine scores better in a number of areas in comparison to Ketoconazole**:
  • Compared to Ketoconazole, Piroctone Olamine ensures an increase in the number of hairs in the growth phase (anagen phase) by more than 10% in 33% of people.
  • Piroctone Olamine gives 88% of the people thicker hair, despite hereditary hair loss, whereby this is 78% with Ketoconazole.
  • If we take a look at how many people experience a significant increase (more than 10%) of the hair diameter, this is 28% with Ketoconazole and as much as 34% with Piroctone Olamine (10% larger diameter means that the hair became 20% heavier).

i then found a product called kingsley scalp toner,
which is basically just piroctone olamine in alcohol, 4 ingredients,
75ml

if you combined that with solban, the results would be incredible

johnwester130

this will be long but trust me it's worth it

recently i have began the theory that baldness is caused by bacteria and fungi caused by a post saying that potassium bicarbonate cures baldness in the hair and skin forum section

Malassezia yeast is inexorably related to the inflammation (folliculitis) that causes hair shedding, hair miniaturization, and hair loss in AGA. It is also directly implicated in dandruff and sebborheic dermatitis. In a nutshell Malasszia wreaks its havoc on hair by using lipase enzymes to break down sebum, causing production of Arachadonic acid. Arachadonic acid is an inflammation precursor, leading to the creation and cascade of inflammatory enzymes that have well established roles in the miniaturization of the hair follicle and the constriction of the vasculature seen in virtually all cases of AGA.

wikipedia says the 4 anti fungals are

nizoral
selenium sulfide
zinc pyrithione
pircontone olamine

Treatments > The effect of Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine on hair growth

In a study with 150 men who suffer from hereditary hair loss and dandruff, Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine were compared*. Excessive secretion of sebum, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis are often linked with hair loss and hereditary hair loss. The 150 men received a shampoo with 1% Ketoconazole or 1% Piroctone Olamine. They had to use this shampoo 2 to 3 times per week for a duration of six months.

All treatments showed a reduction in itching and dandruff after 2 to 6 weeks. If we take a look at the effect of the treatments on various hair growth parameters, we see the following figures (in percentages):

• The severity of hair loss decreases (Ketoconazole: -17.3%, Piroctone Olamine: -16.5%)
  • The percentage of hairs in the growth phase increases (Ketoconazole 4.9%, Piroctone Olamine: 7.9%)
  • The effect on the hair diameter is increased by 5.4% with Ketoconazole and by 7.7% with Piroctone Olamine.
Thus, the study shows that Piroctone Olamine scores better in a number of areas in comparison to Ketoconazole**:
  • Compared to Ketoconazole, Piroctone Olamine ensures an increase in the number of hairs in the growth phase (anagen phase) by more than 10% in 33% of people.
  • Piroctone Olamine gives 88% of the people thicker hair, despite hereditary hair loss, whereby this is 78% with Ketoconazole.
  • If we take a look at how many people experience a significant increase (more than 10%) of the hair diameter, this is 28% with Ketoconazole and as much as 34% with Piroctone Olamine (10% larger diameter means that the hair became 20% heavier).

i then found a product called kingsley scalp toner,
which is basically just piroctone olamine in alcohol, 4 ingredients,
75ml

if you combined that with solban, the results would be incredible

@Peatogenic

I've had a persistent flaky/dry scalp issue that I have been unable to rectify for years. I suspect it is gut related which firsts compromises the barrier of the scalp and then a local infection sets in, again which I suspect is fungal.

SolBan has been an absolute game changer, completely cleared it up. I had tried many many other things, from carnivore diet to sulfur shampoos, nothing worked. I've never used something with such an incredible short term result like this. I can confirm it continues to have fixed the issue after discontinuing use, but time will tell if it comes back as I suspect I have not fully fixed the gut issue.

How I used it was simply 4-5 sprays on the affected area after a shower, which was around the hairline on the forehead.