SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw, I am back from vacation so the store is in full operation now.

Nstocks

haidut said:
Nstocks said:
I have dry, uneven, scarred and acne prone (mostly cystic jawline) skin. Would the Solban be better suited for me than Estroban? I've tried aspirin masks in the past which worked fairly well, but over time they caused my skin to become red and extremely sensitive.

Would this be suitable to be applied under a moisturiser such as shea butter when needed? (or a cream with olive oil and snail serum)

I think alternating SolBan with EstroBan would be best. The aspirin can irritate the skin and make it dry. So, given that SolBan has caffeine I think it should be used in the morning and then EstroBan in the evening. The vitamins E and A have a calming effect on both the brain and skin.

And so Estroban can be applied to the face just like Solban? Any experience with acne and Estroban?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nstocks said:
haidut said:
Nstocks said:
I have dry, uneven, scarred and acne prone (mostly cystic jawline) skin. Would the Solban be better suited for me than Estroban? I've tried aspirin masks in the past which worked fairly well, but over time they caused my skin to become red and extremely sensitive.

Would this be suitable to be applied under a moisturiser such as shea butter when needed? (or a cream with olive oil and snail serum)

I think alternating SolBan with EstroBan would be best. The aspirin can irritate the skin and make it dry. So, given that SolBan has caffeine I think it should be used in the morning and then EstroBan in the evening. The vitamins E and A have a calming effect on both the brain and skin.

And so Estroban can be applied to the face just like Solban? Any experience with acne and Estroban?

Yes, I don't see why not. It will just make the skin oily so yet another reason to do it before bed. No personal experience with acne, but I know one person who used both Solban and Estroban and it helped her. The problem is I don't know which one of the two is responsible for the effect so that's why I say use both and if it helps then it doesn't matter.

Nstocks

Estroban is sold with a dropper, so would I just drop that directly onto the effected area? Or could I spray it on?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nstocks said:
Estroban is sold with a dropper, so would I just drop that directly onto the effected area? Or could I spray it on?

Not sure what you mean by spraying EstroBan. As you said, it comes with a dropper so you put drops on your skin and rub them to cover the desired area.

uuy8778yyi

1) have you ever had trouble dissolving niacin in water ?

2) does topical solban mimic red light therapy on the skin ? do they do the same thing in theory ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
1) have you ever had trouble dissolving niacin in water ?

2) does topical solban mimic red light therapy on the skin ? do they do the same thing in theory ?

I am not sure what you mean by 1) - i.e. we don't use niacin.
As far as 2) - if we assume that one of the main effects of red light is getting NO dissociated from cytochrome C and thus improving metabolism then SolBan would have similar effects. Aspirin, niacinamide and caffeine have all been shown to reduce plasma (and sometimes tissue) NO. So, on that count they act like red light. But they have other pro-metabolic effects including uncoupling of respiration, which I don't think red light does on its own.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
woops, thought niacin and Niacinamide were the same thing

Well, they are both vitamin B3 but have different structure and effects on the organism. Niacin is the one that causes flushing (histamine) and fatty acid release, so it is not optimal as a supplement. Also, the studies on skin health were all done with niacinamide. SolBan has niacinamide.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
which has better hair growth properties ?

Niacinamide or normal niacin ?

That I don't know, but the studies were done with niacinamide and it stimulated hair growth. I think that since niacin causes histamine release it won't be good for hair growth if applied topically.

uuy8778yyi

okay

do oyu know anything about pgd2 and how to block it ? could niacinamide do this ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Vitamin B3 is a cofactor for creation of PGE. I don't know about PGD2 but I doubt niacinamide inhibits it. I guess your best bet is to take aspirin and niacinamide. Aspirin will inhibit all prostaglandins but with the extra niacinamide you may be able to synthesize some PGE while the other will stay suppressed. I suggest you start a separate thread on this topic as it is veering off of the topic of SolBan even though it is related.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
alebaba said:
How long will the bottle last me, if im just using it on my hairline?

Five sprays have about 1ml and I think the bottle is 60ml. So keep track of how many sprays you use each days and you can get an idea of how many days it would last. I, personally, can cover my entire scalp with about 10 sprays so it would last me about a month.

Milky

Finally getting around to adding some reviews for haidut's supplements that I've tried so far.

The most beneficial thing I've noticed with SolBan is definitely its effect on sunburn which is almost immediate. I spent last weekend washing cars and ended up in the sun longer than I had intended. My arms and neck and forehead were all nice and pink/red and were burning a few hours after. I applied about 5 sprays to each arm and my neck and a couple sprays on my head and it very quickly helped take the sting out of it. I reapplied before bed and by the next day I was pretty much good as new. I've also put it on deliberately before mowing the grass a few times and it prevented the kind of burn I would normally get being outside for an hour, so overall these effects are very welcome for a pale white guy like myself.

I did put it on my face and hair once a day for about a week and I liked the skin tightening effect, but it did start to dry out my skin. I'm guessing the alcohol does that. I may break open some niacinamide caps and make a facial cream or something just to experiment with. I've always had kinda bad skin (severe acne as a teen thanks to the truckloads of PUFA I ate growing up), large pores, etc.

I spray it on my gut before bed sometimes and I don't really notice much of an effect there, but hard to tell.

I sprayed a few sprays on my arms the other day at work and I actually got some random muscle twitches in both arms for several hours afterwards, probably due to the caffeine. Not assuming it's a bad thing, probably just uncomfortable for some people. I figure maybe it's doing good things to the muscles I use for pushups and pullups.

I'm going to start experimenting with specifically targeting some moles/freckles with this and Estroban (and perhaps the Pansterone I just ordered) so I'll update with any results. I'm actually planning to take pictures of that stuff to help track it.

Overall a great tool in the toolbox. Thanks haidut!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
Finally getting around to adding some reviews for haidut's supplements that I've tried so far.

The most beneficial thing I've noticed with SolBan is definitely its effect on sunburn which is almost immediate. I spent last weekend washing cars and ended up in the sun longer than I had intended. My arms and neck and forehead were all nice and pink/red and were burning a few hours after. I applied about 5 sprays to each arm and my neck and a couple sprays on my head and it very quickly helped take the sting out of it. I reapplied before bed and by the next day I was pretty much good as new. I've also put it on deliberately before mowing the grass a few times and it prevented the kind of burn I would normally get being outside for an hour, so overall these effects are very welcome for a pale white guy like myself.

I did put it on my face and hair once a day for about a week and I liked the skin tightening effect, but it did start to dry out my skin. I'm guessing the alcohol does that. I may break open some niacinamide caps and make a facial cream or something just to experiment with. I've always had kinda bad skin (severe acne as a teen thanks to the truckloads of PUFA I ate growing up), large pores, etc.

I spray it on my gut before bed sometimes and I don't really notice much of an effect there, but hard to tell.

I sprayed a few sprays on my arms the other day at work and I actually got some random muscle twitches in both arms for several hours afterwards, probably due to the caffeine. Not assuming it's a bad thing, probably just uncomfortable for some people. I figure maybe it's doing good things to the muscles I use for pushups and pullups.

I'm going to start experimenting with specifically targeting some moles/freckles with this and Estroban (and perhaps the Pansterone I just ordered) so I'll update with any results. I'm actually planning to take pictures of that stuff to help track it.

Overall a great tool in the toolbox. Thanks haidut!

Thanks for the detailed review! I am interested in that muscle twitching effect. If you can get some espresso, do you mind rubbing some on your arms to see if the twitching is replicated? The twicthing could be due to caffeine's effect on cellular calcium but I just want to make sure it is the caffeine doing this and not the alcohol. Thanks in advance if you try this.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals