SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ypgogibk said:
I emailed you a long time ago about custom solban with more caffeine and aspirin in the bottle

could this be prepared ?

Sorry for not responding earlier, I must have missed that email. You can try adding more on your own if you want. As of right now I am not interested in doing custom orders, the cost would be too high.

ilovethesea

haidut said:
Blossom said:
:claporange Excellent!

Thanks Blossom!

I tried to make it as versatile supplement as possible. Personally, I used it instead of sunscreen and find out I do not burn much with it. When I do burn, the inflammation subsides overnight and the redness disappears. That's probably due to the 3 substances blocking inflammation.

A friend of mine is using it to control skin aging - specifically wrinkles and aging spots. Apparently, it is especially effective when used with EstroBan - SolBan in the morning due to the caffeine and EstroBan at night. She claims that she has ditched her expensive L'Oreal anti-aging creams, which cost her hundreds every month and cause allergic reactions. Not to mention that she has not seen much results.

Another friend is using it to manage his acne outbreaks. He has managed to stop taking Tretinoin by using SolBan in combination with oral vitamin A. He is about to add EstoBan to see if it will reduce outbreaks even more. I will report on that in a month when he has some data / pictures to share.

Yet another friend is using SolBan on a lypoma (benign fatty buildup in skin) since caffeine seems to be able to dissolve such buildups. It's too early to say if it works but in a week the mass has become soft and it felt like a pebble before that. So, maybe it is working but I don't know yet.

Finally, a friend has reduced her cellulite with SolBan to the point of being able to proudly wear shorts again:): I did not think her cellulite was that bad before, but she claims it did help and at least she does not feel insecure any more.

Is there any update on these testers and their results? (Or anyone else using these 2 products?) You mentioned you were going to update us on the friend using SolBan with Estroban for acne. How much oral vitamin A was he taking? Was it Retinil?

I'm trying to find something that'll prevent acne that has come back now premenstrually (because my T3 supply has dried up and I can't get a consistent source). I don't really want to use Retin-A. Progest-E makes me break out, probably from the oil. Maybe I'm not taking enough A. I'm on my last bottle of Nutrisorb and do about 20 drops a day + 1-2 tbsp beef liver.

ilovethesea

haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:
is the alcohol bad for the face ?

or irrelevant ?

Why would alcohol be bad for the face? Where have you seen references that 20% alcohol solution applied in such amounts is bad for the skin?

Anything I've read from skincare experts seems to think alcohol is a bad idea in skincare. Eg. http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advi ... -the-facts

"The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin's protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, makes oily skin and redness worse, and is best described as "pro-aging.""

Sources: Biochmica et Biophysica Acta (BBA), volume 1818, issue 5, May 2012, pages 1410–1419; Skinmed, January-February 2011, pages 15–21; Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, August 2009, pages 20–24; Clinical Dermatology, September-October 2004, pages 360–366; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, volume 120, 2003, pages 275–284; Journal of Hospital Infection, volume 55, issue 4, December 2003, pages 239–245; Dermatology, January 2003, pages 17–23; Alcohol, volume 26, issue 3, pages 179–190; Dermatologic Clinics, volume 16, issue 1, January 1998, pages 25–47; and http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/ ... 77-284.htm.

Is this information wrong? What do you think Haidut? I have for years avoided alcohol in my skincare products.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
Blossom said:

Thanks Blossom!

I tried to make it as versatile supplement as possible. Personally, I used it instead of sunscreen and find out I do not burn much with it. When I do burn, the inflammation subsides overnight and the redness disappears. That's probably due to the 3 substances blocking inflammation.

A friend of mine is using it to control skin aging - specifically wrinkles and aging spots. Apparently, it is especially effective when used with EstroBan - SolBan in the morning due to the caffeine and EstroBan at night. She claims that she has ditched her expensive L'Oreal anti-aging creams, which cost her hundreds every month and cause allergic reactions. Not to mention that she has not seen much results.

Another friend is using it to manage his acne outbreaks. He has managed to stop taking Tretinoin by using SolBan in combination with oral vitamin A. He is about to add EstoBan to see if it will reduce outbreaks even more. I will report on that in a month when he has some data / pictures to share.

Yet another friend is using SolBan on a lypoma (benign fatty buildup in skin) since caffeine seems to be able to dissolve such buildups. It's too early to say if it works but in a week the mass has become soft and it felt like a pebble before that. So, maybe it is working but I don't know yet.

Finally, a friend has reduced her cellulite with SolBan to the point of being able to proudly wear shorts again:): I did not think her cellulite was that bad before, but she claims it did help and at least she does not feel insecure any more.

Is there any update on these testers and their results? (Or anyone else using these 2 products?) You mentioned you were going to update us on the friend using SolBan with Estroban for acne. How much oral vitamin A was he taking? Was it Retinil?

I'm trying to find something that'll prevent acne that has come back now premenstrually (because my T3 supply has dried up and I can't get a consistent source). I don't really want to use Retin-A. Progest-E makes me break out, probably from the oil. Maybe I'm not taking enough A. I'm on my last bottle of Nutrisorb and do about 20 drops a day + 1-2 tbsp beef liver.

The lypoma person has shown me that it did shrink for him but it is still there. The benefit he saw was that it no longer bulges out and it does not rub against his clothes. The acne person is using 100,000 IU retinyl acetate a day and EstroBan topically as needed, so he no longer using Tretinoin. Higher vitamin A reduces the acne even more but he said it gave him nausea, so he stays at 100K IU per day and if there are outbreaks he puts EstroBan topically on the spots.
I have not talked to the wrinkles and cellulite girls in a while, but I will ask then I meet them again.

Philomath

Since we're talking results, my daughter gets very red and sun burned below her eyes no matter what strength sunblock we put on her. Several weeks ago while in the Florida sun she got red around the eyes yet again. I sprayed solban on the area and within hours the redness had disappeared almost entirely. I'll be using it this summer to see if it prevents sunburn as well.
Very satisfied customer! :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
Since we're talking results, my daughter gets very red and sun burned below her eyes no matter what strength sunblock we put on her. Several weeks ago while in the Florida sun she got red around the eyes yet again. I sprayed solban on the area and within hours the redness had disappeared almost entirely. I'll be using it this summer to see if it prevents sunburn as well.

Excellent! Glad to hear it is helping. I am not sure how old your daughter is, you can ask her doctor if a low dose oral niacinamide is OK for her tot take occasionally when under the sun, as it may potentiate the topical SolBan effects. You should ask the pediatrician, but I think as little as 50mg would have an effect, especially on a younger person given that they are not as saturated with PUFA as everybody else.

Philomath

haidut said:
Philomath said:

Excellent! Glad to hear it is helping. I am not sure how old your daughter is, you can ask her doctor if a low dose oral niacinamide is OK for her tot take occasionally when under the sun, as it may potentiate the topical SolBan effects. You should ask the pediatrician, but I think as little as 50mg would have an effect, especially on a younger person given that they are not as saturated with PUFA as everybody else.

She's 12 but 5'6 and 130 lbs - bigger/tall than a lot of women I know! I'm sure she could handle some niacinamide supplements. That's interesting though... I'm still trying to figure out the "Peat for Kids" thing ;)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
haidut said:
Philomath said:

She's 12 but 5'6 and 130 lbs - bigger/tall than a lot of women I know! I'm sure she could handle some niacinamide supplements. That's interesting though... I'm still trying to figure out the "Peat for Kids" thing ;)

I think official recommendations for children of that age are 20mg - 30mg per day, so not far off the 50mg - 100mg Peat recommends for metabolic support and FFA inhibition.

Philomath

Thanks! Do you happen to know where I can find the children's guidelines for other B vitamins?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

moss

Hi Haidut
I wanted to report back to you that I have been applying SolBan to a skin mole below my knee for the past couple of months and whilst the size has not changed, the colour is certainly lighter and the mole is now smooth and flat, will keep you posted of any other changes, thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
moss said:
Hi Haidut
I wanted to report back to you that I have been applying SolBan to a skin mole below my knee for the past couple of months and whilst the size has not changed, the colour is certainly lighter and the mole is now smooth and flat, will keep you posted of any other changes, thanks.

Perfect, glad to hear! You can also try rubbing some EstroBan on it on alternate days/times or just some vitamin A/E/K if you don't have EstroBan.

ilovethesea

haidut said:
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
Blossom said:

Thanks Blossom!

The lypoma person has shown me that it did shrink for him but it is still there. The benefit he saw was that it no longer bulges out and it does not rub against his clothes. The acne person is using 100,000 IU retinyl acetate a day and EstroBan topically as needed, so he no longer using Tretinoin. Higher vitamin A reduces the acne even more but he said it gave him nausea, so he stays at 100K IU per day and if there are outbreaks he puts EstroBan topically on the spots.
I have not talked to the wrinkles and cellulite girls in a while, but I will ask then I meet them again.

Thanks! That sounds promising.

I'm just wondering if SolBan will do anything for me. I was using a 12% niacinamide serum from this random company in Australia called NiaSerum. It's just niacinamide and glycerin. I used it for 6 months but never noticed anything, but maybe my problems are not severe enough though. Do you think SolBan would be the same or does it have more potency from the added aspirin and caffeine?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
Blossom said:

Thanks Blossom!

Thanks! That sounds promising.

I'm just wondering if SolBan will do anything for me. I was using a 12% niacinamide serum from this random company in Australia called NiaSerum. It's just niacinamide and glycerin. I used it for 6 months but never noticed anything, but maybe my problems are not severe enough though. Do you think SolBan would be the same or does it have more potency from the added aspirin and caffeine?

SolBan is mostly meant for sun protection and sun damage of the skin. This includes wrinkles and some sun spots. However, the caffeine and aspirin are synergistic to niacinamide so I'd expect to see some improvement over pure niacinamide. I think it's the caffeine that is especially helpful for spots, and also protecting from UV light.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
advertise solban for hair loss. it works

:-D I wish I could...FDA will lock me up.
But you guys are the best advertisement anyways. So thanks for the positive feedback!

uuy8778yyi

actually I used to take a picture of my hair once a week

then camera broke

. I will attempt to judge the quality from my mobile phone camera.

then upload them

ilovethesea

Thanks Haidut! Have you ever considered making a simple skin moisturizer for the face? I haven't found anything that doesn't have at least one questionable ingredient. For example, from those niacinamide people I mentioned they sell a 4% niacinamide cream: http://acnessential.com/ But I don't think phenoxyethanol is ideal, and not sure what a couple of the other things even are.

Ingredients
Niacinamide, Purified water, Glycerol (Vegetable glycerine), Cetostearylalcohol, Caprylic triglycerides (derived from Coconut Oil), Coconut oil, Cetomacrogol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxy benzoates, Grapefruit seed extract (natural preservative).