SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

TubZy

Anyone using solban for hair purposes (or even skin and I guess you could say) try adding a gram of taurine to the bottle. It dissolves easily, and I noticed a better effect on the hair side with it added in.

I'm also toying with the idea of increasing the caffeine content i
With my own caffeine powder along with a microdose of dhea. I apply it before bed so too much could be an issue

Last edited:

scarlettsmum

have been using Solban for a while and am happy with it, using it as a daily spf protection from the sun. @haidut do you know if this would protect me from developing hyper pigmentation on my upper lip if I was to irritate the area fairly often by waxing? I have been applying this all over my face but not specifically on the upper lip area. Btw. my skin is prone to pigmentation. Melanon is not an option for me as I find it to irritate my skin too much.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
have been using Solban for a while and am happy with it, using it as a daily spf protection from the sun. @haidut do you know if this would protect me from developing hyper pigmentation on my upper lip if I was to irritate the area fairly often by waxing? I have been applying this all over my face but not specifically on the upper lip area. Btw. my skin is prone to pigmentation. Melanon is not an option for me as I find it to irritate my skin too much.

If you look at the studies in the section for Niacinamide in the original thread you will see studies for hyperpigmentation. I can't comment on effectiveness, you will have to read the abstracts and decide for yourself.

scarlettsmum

If you look at the studies in the section for Niacinamide in the original thread you will see studies for hyperpigmentation. I can't comment on effectiveness, you will have to read the abstracts and decide for yourself.
Thank you, Haidut. the results of the studies are impressive indeed.

A. squamosa

Yup, not allergic to caffeine or aspirin, have both all the time sans niacinamide. It's just strange because the flushing will only occur during/after a hot shower, which can be up to 12 hours later.

tyler

Updated review: still using solban daily for sun protection. I spend 7-10 hours in the sun daily between work (commercial fishing) and other activities. Not a single sunburn in the past year.

Regina

Updated review: still using solban daily for sun protection. I spend 7-10 hours in the sun daily between work (commercial fishing) and other activities. Not a single sunburn in the past year.
Amazing!

L

lollipop

Impressive @tyler

TheHound

what would be an appropriate dosage of taurine to add to a bottle of solban to achieve the effects of the taurine on hair growth study? @haidut

Constatine

Wow a commercial fisher. Do you ever get depression? Strange question I know but my theory is that those who work outside rarely if ever get depressive symptoms. The traditional modern day job is a recipe for emotional disaster and deteriorating health. I assume your health is quite good due to your life style.

tyler

Wow a commercial fisher. Do you ever get depression? Strange question I know but my theory is that those who work outside rarely if ever get depressive symptoms. The traditional modern day job is a recipe for emotional disaster and deteriorating health. I assume your health is quite good due to your life style.
yo man!
I am definitely not prone to depression. The most content part of my day is the 6-10 hour period I spend working on the water. I will of course have periods of doubt or problems, but nothing serious that I can't bounce out of. I see it more as a challenge to be accepted, they give me a direction to move.
I moved away from the ocean and my line of work for a period of a few years to reside in Oregon (very rainy, cloudy). My first time spending the majority of my day and working indoors. My health crashed full on in that time period. That was the first and only time in my life I experienced serious depressive symptoms. Something I never even considered a possibility for me.
Through that experience I found Ray. So for that I'm grateful. Since rewiring my diet and lifestyle around Peats idea, moving back to Rhode Island and taking on commercial fishing again, I've been in the best health (mentally/physically) I've ever personally experienced.
I agree that light and being in natural settings is very important. I couldn't imagine living differently, especially if it meant sitting down all day, under fluorescent lights. Working intensely with my hands, body, and mind, in the sun and on the ocean, brings me an immense sense of confidence and satisfaction.

Sorry to hijack your thread haidut. (Solban rulez)

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what would be an appropriate dosage of taurine to add to a bottle of solban to achieve the effects of the taurine on hair growth study? @haidut

If you read the thread on taurine and hair growth you wil
yo man!
I am definitely not prone to depression. The most content part of my day is the 6-10 hour period I spend working on the water. I will of course have periods of doubt or problems, but nothing serious that I can't bounce out of. I see it more as a challenge to be accepted, they give me a direction to move.
I moved away from the ocean and my line of work for a period of a few years to reside in Oregon (very rainy, cloudy). My first time spending the majority of my day and working indoors. My health crashed full on in that time period. That was the first and only time in my life I experienced serious depressive symptoms. Something I never even considered a possibility for me.
Through that experience I found Ray. So for that I'm grateful. Since rewiring my diet and lifestyle around Peats idea, moving back to Rhode Island and taking on commercial fishing again, I've been in the best health (mentally/physically) I've ever personally experienced.
I agree that light and being in natural settings is very important. I couldn't imagine living differently, especially if it meant sitting down all day, under fluorescent lights. Working intensely with my hands, body, and mind, in the sun and on the ocean, brings me an immense sense of confidence and satisfaction.

No problem, I rather enjoy these conversations :):

Constatine

yo man!

Wow I might need to rethink my life lol. I typically work in doors but I hate being indoors as it really does bring your mood crashing down. That's great to hear mate.

Mhouse

I wanted to report some experiences with SolBan. I have used two bottles over the past few months. In the past, I would use a Nivea shaving balm on my face and some lip balm each morning, because of dry flaky skin (not severe, mostly above eyebrows and crease near the nose). Since using just a couple of SolBan sprays in the morning (and no more nasty balm stuff), my skin looks great. The dryness is basically gone. In the past, the moments after showering or shaving would be worst (needing something like a wet towel for a mild scrub), but now generally I am fine without any topicals. Though the general appearance of the skin on my face was never really bad (hardly any pimples, acne the last few years), I have had people remark that the overall tone/color was much better and actually quite good on an absolute scale. Granted, during this time I also did improve my diet (i.e. I discovered Ray Peat's work), so it's no well-controlled experiment. Still, I would attribute these improvements for a large part to SolBan since my back (mild acne) has not really improved (and didn't receive any SolBan) while my face did.

Regarding hair loss, I have not seen improvements after SolBan. I did not use a strict protocol (one or two sprays on the temples - mildly moist - in the morning and evening for about 1.5 month), but I'm guessing that that department requires a much more thorough approach (probably a combination of red light, proper nutrition, scalp massages, and supplements?) and a robustly high metabolism.

A relative of mine developed a case of mild rosacea (diagnosed by a doctor) and got a prescription for some antibiotics to be taken for 3 (!) months. After a month without progress and an upset digestive system, the person reduced the antibiotics dose. I suggested to try to add some SolBan. Now, 2 months later, the skin is clear. Again, no proof that it's solely due to SolBan, but I was told that the person really liked the instant relief/calming effect (probably the stingy caffeine effect) that it gave on application and that the person used it throughout the day whenever itching was bad.

So, I not trying to attribute miracles to the stuff, just trying to give an honest review and report some good experiences that have made me a big fan.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to report some experiences with SolBan. I have used two bottles over the past few months. In the past, I would use a Nivea shaving balm on my face and some lip balm each morning, because of dry flaky skin (not severe, mostly above eyebrows and crease near the nose). Since using just a couple of SolBan sprays in the morning (and no more nasty balm stuff), my skin looks great. The dryness is basically gone. In the past, the moments after showering or shaving would be worst (needing something like a wet towel for a mild scrub), but now generally I am fine without any topicals. Though the general appearance of the skin on my face was never really bad (hardly any pimples, acne the last few years), I have had people remark that the overall tone/color was much better and actually quite good on an absolute scale. Granted, during this time I also did improve my diet (i.e. I discovered Ray Peat's work), so it's no well-controlled experiment. Still, I would attribute these improvements for a large part to SolBan since my back (mild acne) has not really improved (and didn't receive any SolBan) while my face did.

Regarding hair loss, I have not seen improvements after SolBan. I did not use a strict protocol (one or two sprays on the temples - mildly moist - in the morning and evening for about 1.5 month), but I'm guessing that that department requires a much more thorough approach (probably a combination of red light, proper nutrition, scalp massages, and supplements?) and a robustly high metabolism.

A relative of mine developed a case of mild rosacea (diagnosed by a doctor) and got a prescription for some antibiotics to be taken for 3 (!) months. After a month without progress and an upset digestive system, the person reduced the antibiotics dose. I suggested to try to add some SolBan. Now, 2 months later, the skin is clear. Again, no proof that it's solely due to SolBan, but I was told that the person really liked the instant relief/calming effect (probably the stingy caffeine effect) that it gave on application and that the person used it throughout the day whenever itching was bad.

So, I not trying to attribute miracles to the stuff, just trying to give an honest review and report some good experiences that have made me a big fan.

Thanks, this is great! I am so glad it helped!

TheHound

Anyone using solban for hair purposes (or even skin and I guess you could say) try adding a gram of taurine to the bottle. It dissolves easily, and I noticed a better effect on the hair side with it added in.

I'm also toying with the idea of increasing the caffeine content i
With my own caffeine powder along with a microdose of dhea. I apply it before bed so too much could be an issue

did you experience hair regrowth with taurine added in?

rw39

Is the solban a mist or is it a cream/serum? I'd like something I can just spray on and not lather in etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals