SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Soren

Forum Supporter
Been using this on my face for the past week and it has done wonders for my skin. Rosacea down, acne down, less oily, pores smaller, unbelievable. My skin wasn't particularly bad or anything before I started using it but now I see the contrast it is quite surprising, in the best possible way.

Only wish there was a bigger bottle I could buy so I could use if for sunscreen on my whole body. I spend a lot of time in the canary islands and to be able to where a sunscreen everyday that wasn't full of toxins would be great.

What are the recommendations for Solban as a sunscreen? Is there an estimated uv rating one could give it? How long does it last, would it still work after a swim in the ocean? Does it need to be reapplied often?

Either way love the product!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Pretty good on mosquito bites. Does not take the whole sensation away, but takes the edge off enough to distract.

Awesome, thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Been using this on my face for the past week and it has done wonders for my skin. Rosacea down, acne down, less oily, pores smaller, unbelievable. My skin wasn't particularly bad or anything before I started using it but now I see the contrast it is quite surprising, in the best possible way.

Only wish there was a bigger bottle I could buy so I could use if for sunscreen on my whole body. I spend a lot of time in the canary islands and to be able to where a sunscreen everyday that wasn't full of toxins would be great.

What are the recommendations for Solban as a sunscreen? Is there an estimated uv rating one could give it? How long does it last, would it still work after a swim in the ocean? Does it need to be reapplied often?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
I don't know what the exact rating would be but one study tested topical caffeine (1%) and a product with SPF of 15 and found them to be the same. Also, the ingredients in SolBan help heal the damage done to cells from excess UV light and there is no rating for that. The regular sunscreens I have seen do not provide any such benefit, so I think the combination of the protection from harm plus the reversing existing damage would make SolBan as effective as something with an SPF of more than 15. Again, it is hard to judge since no other sunscreen product aims to actually heal damage so the cumulative effects of SolBan is rather different.
I think applying 2-3 times a day would be enough for most people. Once it absorbs in the skin the effects would be present even after swimming but dissipate with time as the ingredients diffuse through the skin and into the bloodstream. Hence the need to apply 2-3 times daily. But in terms of upper limit of applying daily, I don't think there is one.
Just my 2c.

jaa

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
I don't know what the exact rating would be but one study tested topical caffeine (1%) and a product with SPF of 15 and found them to be the same. Also, the ingredients in SolBan help heal the damage done to cells from excess UV light and there is no rating for that. The regular sunscreens I have seen do not provide any such benefit, so I think the combination of the protection from harm plus the reversing existing damage would make SolBan as effective as something with an SPF of more than 15. Again, it is hard to judge since no other sunscreen product aims to actually heal damage so the cumulative effects of SolBan is rather different.
I think applying 2-3 times a day would be enough for most people. Once it absorbs in the skin the effects would be present even after swimming but dissipate with time as the ingredients diffuse through the skin and into the bloodstream. Hence the need to apply 2-3 times daily. But in terms of upper limit of applying daily, I don't think there is one.
Just my 2c.

I understand if you don't want to answer this since it's not good for business, but I was wondering what type of alcohol I could use in place of ethanol if I wanted to make this product by myself? I have excess niacinamide, caffeine powder, and aspirin lying around.

EIRE24

Ah you found this very good for acne? Was your acne noticeably bad before using this? I may use this to see if it helps with my acne?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I understand if you don't want to answer this since it's not good for business, but I was wondering what type of alcohol I could use in place of ethanol if I wanted to make this product by myself? I have excess niacinamide, caffeine powder, and aspirin lying around.

Vodka works great if you cannot find pure 99% ethanol. Brady, whiskey, etc also work but I suspect you prefer these orally instead of topically :):

Soren

Forum Supporter
Ah you found this very good for acne? Was your acne noticeably bad before using this? I may use this to see if it helps with my acne?

I do think it help improve my acne although my acne was not very bad before hand. What i did have quite a lot of us was Rosacea and that has definitely gone down.

jaa

Vodka works great if you cannot find pure 99% ethanol. Brady, whiskey, etc also work but I suspect you prefer these orally instead of topically :)

Thanks! That works well because I have lots of Vodka lying around too that I've lost my appetite for since using your products. Reducing stress hormones no longer requires me to pay them back with interest!

mirc12354

Vodka works great if you cannot find pure 99% ethanol. Brady, whiskey, etc also work but I suspect you prefer these orally instead of topically :)
I ve noticed that they frequently add malic acid to cheap brands of vodka. Would that be an issue?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I ve noticed that they frequently add malic acid to cheap brands of vodka. Would that be an issue?

Have not seen that in the USA unless it is a flavored vodka. They usually add malic acid to apple flavored vodka but unflavored one should contain no additives.

johnwester130

I honestly believe aspirin and niacinamide may be suppressing hair growth in bald men.

Perhaps a caffeine only solution would be better.

Belsazar

Just wanted to give a small feedback: I used Solban twice per day on my face for acne/oily skin. The bottle lasted for like 2 weeks, so the treatment was possibly too short to judge. It wasnt a miracle for my skin, but it had somehow a calming and moisturizing effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to give a small feedback: I used Solban twice per day on my face for acne/oily skin. The bottle lasted for like 2 weeks, so the treatment was possibly too short to judge. It wasnt a miracle for my skin, but it had somehow a calming and moisturizing effect.

Thanks. How many sprays on each use?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Ziggy

Hey Haidut, have you heard anything about SolBan's effectiveness in regards to vitiligo?

Or, for that matter, have you heard of anythings effectiveness with vitiligo?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey Haidut, have you heard anything about SolBan's effectiveness in regards to vitiligo?

Or, for that matter, have you heard of anythings effectiveness with vitiligo?

If you look at the references posted in the original thread you will see studies for topical niacinamide and vitiligo.

CKA

I'm not Haidut, but I'll stick my opinion in anyway. :)
I would not rely on solban alone if you are going to get a lot more sun than you are used to. I like and use solban both preventively and for recovery, but I've also been burnt while wearing it if the sun was hot and long enough.
Zinc is good for a stronger protection. My most effective brew so far was cocoa butter + coconut oil + beeswax + zinc oxide (not nano-sized). The beeswax makes it stick much better in the surf.

How do you make it without it being clumpy? I tried the same sunscreen recipe a few weeks ago and it was so clumpy I couldn't use it.

tara

How do you make it without it being clumpy? I tried the same sunscreen recipe a few weeks ago and it was so clumpy I couldn't use it.
To make it, I melted the oil and wax in a cup standing in a cup of boiling water. When all thoroughly melted, stir well, add zinc oxide, stir more. Pour into a mould. Cool till it's solid. Should make a block you can rub on skin. If i leave it in the car on a hot day it will be soft or liquid, and smear/spread easily that way too. I have had issues with the zinc oxide powder settling somewhat i it stays liquid for long, which can be remedied by stirring more. Even then, I've had some issues with the zinc being a bit unevenly spread.

Not sure what you mean by clumpy. Could it be that the wax, which has a higher melt point, was not fully melted and mixed with the other oils? Or did the zinc oxide powder not mix in evenly?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals