Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Kasper

Kasper Member

@haidut Say you go to the beach and want to protect your whole body. How many of those beach days could I do with one bottle?

2. Belsazar

Belsazar Member

Why do you think so? There is actually no available data on topical caffeine and acne. I also couldnt find any anecdotal evidence from acne boards. It is added to a few so called "beauty products" but not in context of acne.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Acne, if hormonal, is driven by the excessive conversion of DHEA into androgens like DHT in peripheral tissues. The culprit behind the elevated DHEA is often estrogen as it irritates the adrenals and turns off the negative feedback mechanism. So, blocking estrogen and opposing local tissue androgens often helps. Caffeine has progesterone and anti-estrogen effects and both of these have been found helpful against acne.
    Caffeine Increases Pregnenolone & Progesterone In The Brain
    Caffeine is a potent anti-estrogen; can block estrogen "receptor" completely

PubMed does not have much info on caffeine/acne but there are Russian studies from the 1960s showing good effects on acne from 8 weeks usage of topical caffeine solution.

4. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

Should this have p5p in it ?

5. EIRE24

EIRE24 Member

Do you apply it to the skin and scalp?

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

There is P5P in Energin. I try to keep the products more or less "orthogonal" do there is not much overlap in ingredients. This way a few products cane be combined if need to get a mix the person is looking after. I don't see a problem mixing Energin and SolBan and then spraying that mixture on the skin. It will stain, but other than that it should have good effects.

7. Kasper

Kasper Member

@haidut given the niacinamide and aspirin, could it be effective against skin fungus?

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I can't answer directly but if you look at the studies posted in the original thread you will see that there are some dealing with skin fungus.

9. gp3690

gp3690 Member

Thought I'd add this product has helped my skin in appearance and texture I use it once a day on my forehead and under my eyes my skin feels great and have had no acne

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Perfect, keep these feedbacks coming please (honest of course)!

11. equusvult

equusvult Member

It has been effective on insect bits as well. After receiving 5 mosquito bites I applied SolBan to each bite, and more whenever I felt a little itch, and it has lessened swelling, redness, itching and healing time by about 70% for me, and I usually have a fairly severe reaction to mosq bites.. Not as good as say 2% cortisone cream but far less toxic. One more tool to become toxin less, I love it! On a side note, as bad as mosuito bites are for me I rarely used to get bit, even while my friends would get eaten alive, but after a couple of years of "P-ting" I now get swarmed. Could this be due to producing more co2?? Thanks for the mosquito bites Dr. Peat..

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Awesome, thanks for sharing! How much do you spray on each bite?

13. equusvult

equusvult Member

A little dab on a finger taken directly from bottle, then lightly rub enough to prevent dripping off bite ..

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

OK, thanks. I guess roughly equivalent to 1-2 sprays.

15. equusvult

equusvult Member

Sounds about right..

16. mbachiu

mbachiu New Member

Haidut, I have been using SolBan for quite some time now, to help to lighten the dark pigmentation on my upper lip caused by melasma. I also just recently ordered the EstroBan to attempt at night instead of the SolBan. I'm wondering if you think a crushed aspirin and coffee ground mixture would work topically if I put it on the darkened area, for about 10 minutes per day, to help lighten it? It's 100% a vanity thing, but I do have olive skin, and I feel it's quite noticeable. I do feel self-conscious about it, and I would like to lighten it more if possible.
    Thanks in advance!

17. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Recently I posted that estrogen and progesterone control skin pigmentation - estrogen darkens it and progesterone lightens it.
    Estrogen Darkens Skin Color, Progesterone Lightens It
    So, I would apply some pregnenolone or progesterone. But given caffeine's progesteronic qualities that may work as well. I just have not tried it for lightening so I don't know for sure.

18. mbachiu

mbachiu New Member

Thanks Haidut! I will try the progesterone first for a few months. If that doesn't seem to help, I will then try the progesterone. I appreciate your help :)

19. Pet Peeve

Pet Peeve Member

Interesting supplement, but I'm wondering... I read in another thread that aspirin could be hard on the stomach lining as the aspirin binds with the glycine there. Could topical aspirin in the face bind with glycine in the skin of the face and thereby weaken the skin?

20. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Never seen anything to indicate that topical aspirin causes that. In fact, aspirin is sometimes used in anti-aging facial masks and has some remarkable effects, which have led Revlon to file a patent application for what is essentially my SolBan :):