SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Ktbridge

Hi Haidut,
I purchased SolBan and I love it! Wanted to know if I can use it as a sunscreen when I go to the beach ? All over my body . And why can't you make a bigger bottle also?
Thx

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut,
I purchased SolBan and I love it! Wanted to know if I can use it as a sunscreen when I go to the beach ? All over my body . And why can't you make a bigger bottle also?
Thx

Yes, that is the primary purposes really - i.e. to be used as sunscreen and over large body areas. We can make bigger bottles but our current bottle supplier has not been able to supply bigger bottles and we are close to dumping them and going with a different vendor. If we make a bigger bottle I will post in this thread and probably provide an option for people to select various sizes from the website.

tyler

I've been snowboarding regularly with only SolBan on my face instead of sunscreen with GREAT success. No sunburn but a very nice tan..
It's spring conditions right now, so with clear skies and bright sun, the reflections off the snow can really burn the ***t out of your face if you don't wear sunscreen.
Feels great to not have to slather a bunch of mystery chemicals on my face- thanks Haidut you da man.
Also would like to mention, that my face has a tendency to break out if I'm not careful what I put on it. No issues with this.

redred

It say it come in glass bottle, I get plastic bottle. Why you do this

Kray

Been using Solban on my face and scalp to treat a bad case of Seborrheic Dermatitis and so far after 5 weeks it has not returned, which is the longest I have been s.d. free in over 20 years.. Nothing has even come close to working this well, and I have tried everything. I know its the solban because I still have the flare up in the middle of my back where I can not reach with the spray bottle. I have also added taurine to a bottle and applying it to my hairline daily, with some tiny hairs returning. I will keep you updated..

Just reading up here, as I'm using the SolBan, love feedback on efficacy as sunscreen, and now the taurine effects. Would you mind giving an update on how your seb derm is doing? As to the mention of hair regrowth, what do you have to report there? I'm interested in having my husband try this combo on his scalp for hair loss.

Thanks-

equusvult

Just reading up here, as I'm using the SolBan, love feedback on efficacy as sunscreen, and now the taurine effects. Would you mind giving an update on how your seb derm is doing? As to the mention of hair regrowth, what do you have to report there? I'm interested in having my husband try this combo on his scalp for hair loss.

Thanks-
Still S.D. free for the most part with only a flake or two on scalp and none on my face for the last 3 months, which is amazing for me... As far as hair regrowth, as before only some very fine hairs, no head carpet yet! But definitely has reduced hair loss significantly, which I have observed by keeping a close check of hair content in my brush which is noticeably less.. Still trying to get the taurine ratio optimal to obtain maximum results without gumming spray bottle tube and scalp, so far 1-2 grams per SolBan bottle shaken before use.. The only negative so far is stiff hair that feels like it has 3 coats of aquanet sprayed on it, which for me is a small price to pay.. Oh and I go through a bottle of SolBan in about 10 days..

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been snowboarding regularly with only SolBan on my face instead of sunscreen with GREAT success. No sunburn but a very nice tan..
It's spring conditions right now, so with clear skies and bright sun, the reflections off the snow can really burn the **** out of your face if you don't wear sunscreen.
Feels great to not have to slather a bunch of mystery chemicals on my face- thanks Haidut you da man.
Also would like to mention, that my face has a tendency to break out if I'm not careful what I put on it. No issues with this.

Perfect! Always glad to hear about success using our products! How often do use SolBan daily when snowboarding?

Jayfish

Solban is my favorite product from haidut. I use a lot so I'd love a bigger bottle option with maybe a slightly reduced price. It's definitely thickening up my hair and making my skin look younger on my face.

Nighteyes

Would also like to give this product a review as summer has arrived here as well. Perfect as sun screen and definitely tightens up the skin as well - really loving this product so just ordered two more bottles the other day. A larger option or multi-discount would be very welcome :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Solban is my favorite product from haidut. I use a lot so I'd love a bigger bottle option with maybe a slightly reduced price. It's definitely thickening up my hair and making my skin look younger on my face.

Noted, working on getting a bigger spray bottle from the vendor.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would also like to give this product a review as summer has arrived here as well. Perfect as sun screen and definitely tightens up the skin as well - really loving this product so just ordered two more bottles the other day. A larger option or multi-discount would be very welcome :D

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned in the other response above, we are working on getting a bigger spray bottle from the vendor.

tyler

Perfect! Always glad to hear about success using our products! How often do use SolBan daily when snowboarding?
Three sprays in the morning and then three sprays about halfway through the day! Still having great success with it.

Kasper

@haidut Would adding taurine to the formula be an option? For its effect on hair loss. not sure if you thought about that

Kray

Still S.D. free for the most part with only a flake or two on scalp and none on my face for the last 3 months, which is amazing for me... As far as hair regrowth, as before only some very fine hairs, no head carpet yet! But definitely has reduced hair loss significantly, which I have observed by keeping a close check of hair content in my brush which is noticeably less.. Still trying to get the taurine ratio optimal to obtain maximum results without gumming spray bottle tube and scalp, so far 1-2 grams per SolBan bottle shaken before use.. The only negative so far is stiff hair that feels like it has 3 coats of aquanet sprayed on it, which for me is a small price to pay.. Oh and I go through a bottle of SolBan in about 10 days..

Wow, what a report! Consider the Aquanet effect an insurance policy against losing any more hair! :oldman Besides, if you're old enough to know the name Aquanet, you don't need to stress about your hair, do you? :???: Only kidding. I stress about my husband's hair-- just wish he would!

Maybe it was another conversation about SolBan, but isn't that enough on its own to spur hair growth, maybe along with red light therapy? My husband's been doing that combo, not for a terribly long time-- and not sure how long it might take to see results. But with the SB and light, I have noticed some slight improvement, like you, probably more so reduced hair loss than hair regrowth. I'll consider the larger bottle as well, now that I'm using it to as a sunscreen and finish to my make-up each morning.

Wonderful to hear your success on seb derm. It's no fun having skin issues-- I can relate. But we are truly blessed to have access to such great products such as Haidut's, as well as many people, like you, who help others by sharing their Peat-inspired experiences and ideas.

Thanks!

equusvult

Yes its true, knowing what Aquanet is proves I have an incurable case of old.. I will keep this thread updated with any improvements I have with my Peat-cedure's and haiduts awesome product.. Cheers!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Would adding taurine to the formula be an option? For its effect on hair loss. not sure if you thought about that

I may make a separate supplement for that. SolBan is pretty solid as a formulation and does not leave much of a residue when applied. Also, it is still primarily a sunscreen replacement and taurine adds nothing to that AFAIK. It won't hurt either but there is not much evidence for skin health and this is what SolBan tries to be primarily - sunscreen and skin anti-aging. The other benefits are more of side effects.
I have tried topical taurine and it absorbs but it leaves a white coating on the skin for a few hours and it looks like dried out sweat after a run. So, I will have to figure something out when it comes to topical taurine.

Belsazar

Why are not more people with acne trying this?

4% nicotinamide gel is of comparable efficacy to 1% clindamycin gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Because topical clindamycin, like other antimicrobials, is associated with emergence of resistant microorganisms, nicotinamide gel is a desirable alternative treatment for acne vulgaris.“
(Shalita AR1, Smith JG, Parish LC, Sofman MS, Chalker DK. (1995). Topical nicotinamide compared with clindamycin gel in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris. Int J Dermatol.)

„Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) has been implicated in the inflammatory phase of acne vulgaris. It has been
shown to activate interleukin-8 (IL-8) secretion by interacting with Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR-2) on the surface of keratinocytes. Nicotinamide has been shown to be an effective treatment for skin inflammation in various conditions, including acne vulgaris.
Our results indicate that nicotinamide inhibits IL-8 production through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways
in an in vitro keratinocytes/P. acnes model of inflammation. Keratinocytes involved in the innate immune response may be a
suitable target for treatment during the early phase of inflammation.“
(Grange PA1, Raingeaud J, Calvez V, Dupin N. 2009. Nicotinamide inhibits Propionibacterium acnes-induced IL-8 production in keratinocytes through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways. J Dermatol Sci. Nov;56(2):106-12)

It also seems to help againts PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) which are long lasting red marks that follow inflamed pimples:

„Niacinamide is the physiologically active derivative of vitamin B3 or niacin. In-vitro studies show that
niacinamide significantly decreases melanosome transfer to keratinocytes without inhibiting tyrosinase activity or cell
proliferation, and niacinamide may also interfere with the cell-signaling pathway between keratinocytes and melanocytes to
decrease melanogenesis.66 One of the advantages of niacinamide is its stability being unaffected by light, moisture, acids, alkalis, or oxidizers.23 The safety and efficacy of niacinamide for PIH in darker skinned individuals has not been studied; however, topical 2 to 5% niacinamide has shown some efficacy when used alone or in combination with N-acetyl glucosamine for the treatment of melasma and UV-induced hyperpigmentation in fair-skinned patients and Asians.66–68“
(Davis, E. C., & Callender, V. D. (2010). Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation: A Review of the Epidemiology,
Clinical Features, and Treatment Options in Skin of Color. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3(7), 20–31.)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why are not more people with acne trying this?

4% nicotinamide gel is of comparable efficacy to 1% clindamycin gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Because topical clindamycin, like other antimicrobials, is associated with emergence of resistant microorganisms, nicotinamide gel is a desirable alternative treatment for acne vulgaris.“
(Shalita AR1, Smith JG, Parish LC, Sofman MS, Chalker DK. (1995). Topical nicotinamide compared with clindamycin gel in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris. Int J Dermatol.)

„Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) has been implicated in the inflammatory phase of acne vulgaris. It has been
shown to activate interleukin-8 (IL-8) secretion by interacting with Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR-2) on the surface of keratinocytes. Nicotinamide has been shown to be an effective treatment for skin inflammation in various conditions, including acne vulgaris.
Our results indicate that nicotinamide inhibits IL-8 production through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways
in an in vitro keratinocytes/P. acnes model of inflammation. Keratinocytes involved in the innate immune response may be a
suitable target for treatment during the early phase of inflammation.“
(Grange PA1, Raingeaud J, Calvez V, Dupin N. 2009. Nicotinamide inhibits Propionibacterium acnes-induced IL-8 production in keratinocytes through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways. J Dermatol Sci. Nov;56(2):106-12)

It also seems to help againts PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) which are long lasting red marks that follow inflamed pimples:

„Niacinamide is the physiologically active derivative of vitamin B3 or niacin. In-vitro studies show that
niacinamide significantly decreases melanosome transfer to keratinocytes without inhibiting tyrosinase activity or cell
proliferation, and niacinamide may also interfere with the cell-signaling pathway between keratinocytes and melanocytes to
decrease melanogenesis.66 One of the advantages of niacinamide is its stability being unaffected by light, moisture, acids, alkalis, or oxidizers.23 The safety and efficacy of niacinamide for PIH in darker skinned individuals has not been studied; however, topical 2 to 5% niacinamide has shown some efficacy when used alone or in combination with N-acetyl glucosamine for the treatment of melasma and UV-induced hyperpigmentation in fair-skinned patients and Asians.66–68“
(Davis, E. C., & Callender, V. D. (2010). Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation: A Review of the Epidemiology,
Clinical Features, and Treatment Options in Skin of Color. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3(7), 20–31.)

Thanks for posting these. I fully agree, I think people benefit and it may be just due to not many people knowing about these effects until you pointed them out :):

whit

Just thought I'd post my Solban experience.
3 full days dawn till dusk Disney World vacation in the sun.
Just got a nice tan.
Surrounded by sunburn tragedies. I was skeptical I must admit at first.
I'm sold now.
Thanks Haidut for another quality product

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals