Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Feb 6, 2015.

1. drk

drk Member

thanks

2. ilovethesea

ilovethesea Member

I too am noticing drier skin as I'm using Solban and then Retinil on my face.

Should we be worried that prolonged use of the ethanol will increase free radical damage (aging)?

"Small amounts (about 3% alcohol, but keep in mind skincare products contain amounts ranging from 5% to 60% or more) applied to skin cells in lab settings over the course of two days increased cell death by 26%." Ethanol signals for apoptosis in cultured skin cells. - PubMed - NCBI (from Alcohol in Skincare: The Facts)

Also "The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin’s protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, incites inflammation, and makes oily skin and redness worse. To put it simply, it’s pro-aging."

How can we negate these effects with Solban?

And do you think I should stop using Retinil on my face? I was thinking to use it there as a substitute for Retin-A/retinol... but not sure if it matters where I put it. The ethanol is concerning me...

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The doses of ethanol you will get from applying either one of these two products topically are not likely to lead to skin aging, especially considering the active ingredients in both substances are anti-aging for the skin. The study you mention found effects after only 2 days. You must have been using the products for longer than that. Have you noticed any signs of skin aging? The drying is most likely due to the inhibition of sebum production by aspirin and caffeine, not so much the ethanol.

4. equusvult

equusvult Member

Been using Solban on my face and scalp to treat a bad case of Seborrheic Dermatitis and so far after 5 weeks it has not returned, which is the longest I have been s.d. free in over 20 years.. Nothing has even come close to working this well, and I have tried everything. I know its the solban because I still have the flare up in the middle of my back where I can not reach with the spray bottle. I have also added taurine to a bottle and applying it to my hairline daily, with some tiny hairs returning. I will keep you updated..

5. Mori68

Mori68 Member

How much taurine did you add to the Solban bottle?

@haidut, what dose of taurine would you suggest adding, assuming you agree it's a good idea?

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

This is fantastic! Thanks for reporting!
    Did you make your own taurine solution or add it to the SolBan?

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think taurine is not very soluble in water, and at room temp you can do like 50mg/ml solution of taurine. It's probably enough to have an effect though, especially when combined with SolBan.

8. equusvult

equusvult Member

I used the 2 gram scoop that came with the taurine added to a full bottle of solban. Went through that whole bottle without it clogging, but I shake it quit vigorously before applying. It does make your hair a bit stiff, but that is the only side effect so far, and I have not had any white residue form on my scalp either...

9. equusvult

equusvult Member

I use the 2 gram scoop that came with the container of taurine to a whole bottle of s.b....

10. equusvult

equusvult Member

Just checked and it is a 1 gram scoop, the 2 gram was from another supplement container...

11. ilovethesea

ilovethesea Member

What I noticed is if I use the Retinil too often on top of the Solban (I use Solban every morning), my face feels dry and starts to get red, like it's irritated (it looks worse than it feels).

If I don't have to worry about aging or damaging my skin, then I'll continue using them. Maybe I just need to put a cream on top... I was worried I'd interfere with the absorption.

12. nomoreketones

nomoreketones Member

I have a three lipomas that I have not yet had surgically removed. I'll order and give this a try and see what happens.

13. Jayfish

Jayfish Member

Solban definitely is helping with dry skin on face and hairline. Also my hair looks fuller on the temple hairline and skin looks younger on my face.

No change in moles so far. Overall this is one of my favorite products because of the overall energy boost it also gives without jittery effects of caffeine.

14. nomoreketones

nomoreketones Member

Do you spray it directly on your face? Ever get it in your eyes by accident?

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Excellent! How often are you using it?

16. Jayfish

Jayfish Member

Yes directly to face and scalp. So far not in my eyes but iv never felt burning even rubbing it around the eyes.

17. Jayfish

Jayfish Member

A lot, 2-3 times a day on face and scalp, maybe 5-7 sprays each time. Also put it on my stomach and chest and back which have a good amount of moles that I'm keeping an eye on.

18. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Good to know, thanks again. If there is any change in mole status please keep us posted.

19. Jayfish

Jayfish Member

For sure.

Also haidut, I don't think you saw my question in the aspirin treating cancer thread. Would the amount of aspirin in this supplement be enough of a low dose for cancer prevention or does it have to be taken orally for the same effect?

20. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

If you use 5 sprays 2-3 times a day you may get blood concentrations of aspirin and caffeine that may make a difference systemically. Just eating citrus and other ripe fruit daily gives you enough salicylic acid to get the anti-cancer benefit of aspirin.